Windows 10: Windows installation no longer detected after last update

Discus and support Windows installation no longer detected after last update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, A week ago or so my PC was updated to the latest build of Windows 10 (i think its 1903?). My PC is running pretty much 24/7. Now...i just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NessPJ, Aug 14, 2019.

1. NessPJ Win User

Windows installation no longer detected after last update

Hey guys,

A week ago or so my PC was updated to the latest build of Windows 10 (i think its 1903?).

My PC is running pretty much 24/7. Now...i just rebooted and it turns out windows.can no longer find the boot device or windows installation.

After this happens the PC reboots and windows recovery mode is triggered. This doesnt help.

1. I tried going to advanced options and do a startup recovery. Windows is saying it can not recover from this situation.
    2. I followed a guide to rebuild the bcd via command prompt manually. Again windows is saying it.can no longer find any windows installation.
    3. If i try to go back to a previous system restore point or uninstall an update, Windows states it can not find anything to recover or rollback.
    4. When i use the command prompt in the recovery environment, disk part will list all the disks and volumes just fine.
    One thing i do seem to notice is that my data harddrive now seems to be recognised as drive C: and my (Intel 750 series nvme) SSD partitions have shifted to D: (Windows) and E: (Games).
    I doubt if this is problematic for a bootbcd rebuild though? (But im not sure on that).

My complaint seems to resemble the same one mentioned here:
    Reboot and select proper boot device after updating to Windows 1903.

Could it be that Windows 10 updated even though a certain Intel RST driver was no longer supported? (Ive read about that somewhere).

Please help! Windows installation no longer detected after last update :)

:)

NessPJ, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Siddhagod Win User

Windows 7 x64 not detecting GTX295

Background
    I installed the 295 and it was not detected. So I downloaded 181.22 for Vista x64, but those drivers didn't work for gaming (CTD). So I installed a GTX 8800 and it was detected and drivers installed automatically from Windows Update.

Now I put the 295 back in, and it installed and was able to run games. However, the nVidia control panel was not available, suggesting that the drivers hadn't installed properly... So I deleted the drivers and rebooted. And... again it lists my 295 as a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "3D Video Controler", but no drivers can be found by Windows Update.

Question
    1) Is there anywhere I can download the Windows 7 x64 drivers and install them manually?

2) Any idea how I can get Windows 7 to recognize my GTX295 so that it can download the proper drivers.

3) Have you had the GTX295 install automatically in Windows 7 x64?

Siddhagod, Aug 14, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 14, 2019
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows installation no longer detected after last update - Similar Threads - installation longer detected

2. Windows no longer works after the last Windows update April 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows no longer works after the last Windows update April 12: A few days ago, I was blocked for an OS update when I tried to sign into a Windows 10. I really hate the way of Windows updates. It blocks me to use my PC until the update is completed which can take up to half of hour or longer. iOS doesn't behave in that fashion at all.....
  3. Windows no longer works after the last Windows update April 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer works after the last Windows update April 12: A few days ago, I was blocked for an OS update when I tried to sign into a Windows 10. I really hate the way of Windows updates. It blocks me to use my PC until the update is completed which can take up to half of hour or longer. iOS doesn't behave in that fashion at all.....
  4. Windows no longer works after the last Windows update April 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my touch sreen no longer works after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    my touch sreen no longer works after last update: my touch screen wont work after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touch-sreen-no-longer-works-after-last-update/61ad912a-7cfa-4956-bda6-8c0d7265f80b
  6. Printer no longer working from computer after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer no longer working from computer after last update: My HP Envy 7645 quit printing from the computer after the last update. It does print from our iphones though. Is there a phone number I can call and actually speak with a human being to get this fixed? I have tried everything I can think of and have already spent hours on...
  7. Printer no longer working from computer after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer no longer working from computer after last update: My HP Envy 7645 quit printing from the computer after the last update. It does print from our iphones though. Is there a phone number I can call and actually speak with a human being to get this fixed? I have tried everything I can think of and have already spent hours on...
  8. After the last update 2004 for windows 10, it is no longer possible to remove the update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After the last update 2004 for windows 10, it is no longer possible to remove the update...: After the last update 2004 for windows 10, it is no longer possible to remove the update history through thescript Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components. What is the solution?...
  9. Windows 10 No Longer Detects Headphones after a Sound Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 No Longer Detects Headphones after a Sound Update?: Hello, guys! I finally decided to contribute to this sub-reddit with the above mentioned question since I basically tested much of what's published elsewhere and really nothing worked. Windows does not detect my headphones no matter what I do. A short list as follows: -...
  10. Network Storage Shares no longer viewable after Windows last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Storage Shares no longer viewable after Windows last update: I have 4 NAS arrays. When I open Windows Explorer and look under Network there is as there always has been a section for "Computers" and another section for "Storage". Prior to the update, The NAS boxes would also appear in the "Computers" section. This allowed you to click...