Windows 10: Windows installation on an HP stream 11 not working

Discus and support Windows installation on an HP stream 11 not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had windows 10 (free upgrade) on my HP stream 11, I decided to install Ubuntu because Windows 10 was having some serious issues. the computer works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AsherHaun, Nov 6, 2018.

1. AsherHaun Win User

Windows installation on an HP stream 11 not working

I had windows 10 (free upgrade) on my HP stream 11, I decided to install Ubuntu because Windows 10 was having some serious issues.

the computer works fine under Ubuntu, but I feel like it was quite a downgrade from windows.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-deleted/26fdb633-04df-4b4a-9f1d-94480d165e63

Resting easy knowing that I could get back to windows 10 at any time with a USB recovery drive (at least according to that post on the site). It says my activation key will be stored in the Microsoft activation servers. It apparently wasn't because now I can't get the recovery media to work. Some people said you can press "skip" or "I don't have a key", but it doesn't give me the option for the Windows 8 installer, while the windows 10 and 7 installers just say the hardware isn't compatible. I know it is compatible because It used run windows 10.

So, to summarize, I have tried installing windows 7, 8, and 10 using a USB recovery drive, but none worked.

All help is greatly appreciated, Asher

:)

AsherHaun, Nov 6, 2018

2. hp stream 11's touchpad not working

Hi Bradt,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

This might have occurred due to incompatible\ corrupted driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Let us try to download and install the latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

A chipset driver is a type of driver that refers to what is needed for a computer operating system to work with and recognize the devices connected to the computer.

You may also, try the steps suggested by Edward Shockley (replied on January 1, 2016)
    in the following thread:

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 6, 2018
  3. rk3066 Win User
    HP Stream 11 Issues

I bought the HP Stream 11 via eBay for $60 and it'll only able to install Linux OS's and Not Windows 10! The keyboard/Touch-pad don't work but in Linux it does? (Odd...) any thoughts

rk3066, Nov 6, 2018
  4. bradt1 Win User

hp stream 11's touchpad not working

Original Title: hp stream 11 touchpad

the touch pad on my hp stream 11 stopped working with a windows 10 update. so to save time let me say that i have tried every driver download and fix on the internet. when i install the synaptics driver it tells me that everything is updated and ready for
    use, but that is not the case. my touchpad is not even listed in the device manager. there is a synaptics pointing device driver listed in programs and features but when i try and delete it i get a run dll message that says the module could not be found so
    there is some weird stuff going on.

bradt1, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows installation on an HP stream 11 not working - Similar Threads - installation stream working

2. Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14: I have a bootable usb of window 10. I am trying to install window in HP stream 14 which has something called eMMc 32GB drive. I am successful in booting usb, all things go smooth till window's installation process reaches partioningIn partitioning, I am seeing "Drive 1...
  3. Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14: I have a bootable usb of window 10. I am trying to install window in HP stream 14 which has something called eMMc 32GB drive. I am successful in booting usb, all things go smooth till window's installation process reaches partioningIn partitioning, I am seeing "Drive 1...
  4. Window 10 not installing on HP Stream 14

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New Hp Stream 11

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Hp Stream 11: I bought a laptop earlier today. It's a HP Stream 11 inch. I put it in the charger and turned it on to set up the new computer. My problem is that it is taking a really long time to load. It's new and fresh out of the box so this shouldn't be a problem. Can someone tell me...
  6. HP Stream Notebook 11 - Scrolling on touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Stream Notebook 11 - Scrolling on touchpad not working: I recently reinstalled windows on my HP stream Notebook 11. Originally, there was a multitude of problems. I've installed drivers that have fixed all but one. I am unable to scroll using my touchpad. I've already downloaded Intel Serial I0 Driver without Connected Standby...
  7. Hp Stream 11 touchpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hp Stream 11 touchpad doesn't work: I recently fix this computer out of a boot loop using the Media Creation Tool. I managed to update the laptop to Windows 10. Ever since then, the touchpad doesn't work. I believe it never worked. There is no device in the Device Manager for the touchpad nor a Mice and Other...
  8. Installing Windows Wiped HP Stream

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows Wiped HP Stream: I got an HP Stream from my friend to fix. It had wiped all the drives except bios(obviously) But I tried to get windows 10 home to install using media creation tool. It won't install. I get error 0x80300002. I think the problem is that it isn't a windows 10 OS in S mode. Like...
  9. hp 11 stream notebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp 11 stream notebook: I have just bought a hp11 stream notebook for $50.00 it is not letting me reset the laptop to the factory settings programs are missing like the hp utility, the intel programs etc how can I fix this...
  10. hp stream

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    hp stream: I bought a hp stream and reset it because I thought it would give me hard drive space ,well its asking me for a product key. its telling me that my license will expire jan 4 2019 go to settings . I went to settings it says my pc is activated usin organization activation...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows instlation not working on hp stream

2. upgrading to a precision touchpad on hp stream 11

3. troubleshooting hp stream 11 window 10 not found