Windows 10: Windows installation problem on new SSD

Discus and support Windows installation problem on new SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I decided to change hybrid drive SSHD to a new samsung 870 QVO on my asus fx503vd laptop, took out the old one, installed a new one, connected it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joel Lausi, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Windows installation problem on new SSD

I decided to change hybrid drive SSHD to a new samsung 870 QVO on my asus fx503vd laptop, took out the old one, installed a new one, connected it, inserted the installation flash drive, and went into the BIOS, it sees the disk, it sees the flash drive, but after choosing the installation flash drive through boot menu, flashes black screen for 1 seconds, and nothing happensI tried reinstalling Windows on a bootable flash drive, nothing... I've tried tweaking the bios but...Getting black screen error Realtek PCIe Fe Family Controller Series v1.25 "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable" duri

:)

Joel Lausi, Mar 21, 2023

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 21, 2023
  3. New windows 10 installtion on New SSD - wont boot unless old SSD present

It seems you installed Windows while the both SSDs were connected. This would have caused your current problem. Maybe it is sufficient to do this:

1. Launch the Disk Manager.
    2. Right-click drive C:, then mark it as "active".
    3. Shut down Windows
    4. Open the BIOS and tell it that the new SSD is the primary boot device.
    5. Disconnect the old SSD.
    6. Boot up normally.

If this does not work then you might have to do this:

1. Disconnect the old SSD.
    2. Re-install Windows on the new SSD, using the Media Creation Tool.

Frederik Long, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Josh_922 Win User

Windows installation problem on new SSD

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Windows installation problem on new SSD

1. Windows installation problem on new SSD - Similar Threads - installation problem SSD

2. Windows installation problem on new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation problem on new SSD: I decided to change hybrid drive SSHD to a new samsung 870 QVO on my asus fx503vd laptop, took out the old one, installed a new one, connected it, inserted the installation flash drive, and went into the BIOS, it sees the disk, it sees the flash drive, but after choosing the...
  3. Windows installation problem on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation problem on new SSD: I decided to change hybrid drive SSHD to a new samsung 870 QVO on my asus fx503vd laptop, took out the old one, installed a new one, connected it, inserted the installation flash drive, and went into the BIOS, it sees the disk, it sees the flash drive, but after choosing the...
  4. Installing Windows on a new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows on a new SSD: Hello, I am trying to install windows 10 pro on a new ssd, but I cannot get the installation to begin as whenever I attempt, the set up menu says that it cannot access the partition. I try installing drivers but it says no signed drivers available for this device. I cannot...
  5. Problems installing / cloning windows 10 to a new SSD

Problems installing / cloning windows 10 to a new SSD: I recently bought a new external portable USB SSD to replace an ageing and failing HDD. Stuck for cash i just bought the one that was lowest price tag. I have been struggling to either a) install a fresh copy of windows 10 on it or b) clone my current operating system from...
  6. Problems installing windows on new ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems installing windows on new ssd: I wiped my old hard drive, but left windows on it just in case, and I tried installing windows 10 on the ssd from a usb stick. I get to the install page, where I put in my preferred language and I choose my ssd as the destination. But after it's done installing, it says it...
  7. Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Several problems after installing new Windows on ssd: Hello I recently installed a new ssd on my lenovo idead pad 510 laptop The laptop became faster however several issues appeared in 2 weeks since i installed new windows in ssd First problem is my keyboard the problem started with 4 keys not workin to several keys to now...
  8. Problem with an Installation on new ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with an Installation on new ssd: The Device: Lenovo Thinkpad carbon x1 5th gen. The SSD: I upgraded a (compatible) from the 512 PCle ssd that came with it, to an M2 NVMe 1TB I used a re installation USB for Windows 10 I got on Amazon (Please don't judge me, I've had bad luck downloading installation...
  9. Problems installing W10 to a clean/new SSD.

Problems installing W10 to a clean/new SSD.: So i just bought a bigger SSD to install w10 on and the installer runs fine right up until the first restart. Computer restarts and the W10 installer is back at the start where I select the language. Im installing from an USB boot stick which I made with microsofts own tool....
  10. Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Clean install on new SSD - Problems: Hi all, Just bought a 128gb Samsung 850 SSD and performed a clean install of windows 10 on my Acer Aspire R3-471T Laptop. Everything went smoothly, I let windows update itself and rebooted a few times. Now, there are some problems such as: - shut down button (from...