Windows 10: Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2

Discus and support Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an Acer laptop, which it came with W10 pre-installed. I changed to Linux Mint, but recently I had to change it back to W10. The problem is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nnjuliatto, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2

I have an Acer laptop, which it came with W10 pre-installed. I changed to Linux Mint, but recently I had to change it back to W10. The problem is, Windows Setup Tool does not list my SSD as a drive, I have a blank list instead written "No drives recognised"The SSD appears in BIOS, and I can boot Linux from it normally. I understand that Linux partitions in a different format, but Windows should still be able to list the SSD as a unreadable drive.Can anyone help me on this? Much appreciated.

:)

nnjuliatto, Jan 21, 2022

2. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I
    installed a Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB drive in a Z270X Gaming 7 MB and Win 10 has a problem and it sees it and formatted it as a Sata with only a little less than 500g of space???

JohnBarsotti, Jan 21, 2022
  3. ErikCV Win User
    Problems recognizing m.2 after installation of windows

It's being recognized under "NVMe configuration" in the bios and not under HDD/SSD, does that sound about right?

Something which is strange is that I can't seem to find the "M.2_1 configuration" setting under "onboard devices configuration" where it should be, could be because it automatically recognized it as an M.2 device already?

Thanks for your fast reply!

ErikCV, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2

cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers

Crocodile_aligator, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2

1. Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2 - Similar Threads - installation tool recognizing

2. Pendrive Windows installer loop on m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pendrive Windows installer loop on m.2 nvme: Hey! I just bought a m.2 nvme ssd and wanted to format my old ssd and make a whole new installation on my m.2 when I plug in the usb pendrive its fine as always but when I get to the point that the pc restarts itself thats where things go bad.After restarting it boots up the...
  3. Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2: I have an Acer laptop, which it came with W10 pre-installed. I changed to Linux Mint, but recently I had to change it back to W10. The problem is, Windows Setup Tool does not list my SSD as a drive, I have a blank list instead written "No drives recognised"The SSD appears in...
  4. Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installation tool not recognizing NVMe M.2: I have an Acer laptop, which it came with W10 pre-installed. I changed to Linux Mint, but recently I had to change it back to W10. The problem is, Windows Setup Tool does not list my SSD as a drive, I have a blank list instead written "No drives recognised"The SSD appears in...
  5. Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install don't recognize NvMe M.2 SSD: Hello team, I have a brand new Dell 5406 with Windows 10 Home installed. I am able to work on Windows 10 but it has some issues and I want to re-install it. I have created a bootable Pen drive with help of MediaCreationTool20H2. How do I fix it. [ATTACH]...
  6. NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  7. Windows 10 clean install on m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install on m.2 nvme: I would like to do a clean reinstall of windows 10. I have two m.2 nvme drives, one is for os and programs, secondary for games. Is it necessary to remove the secondary drive to do a clean install? Hardware related, if it is necessary to remove the secondary drive do I...
  8. Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd: Hi I am trying to install microsoft windows as a second OS on my brand new PC with M/B: Gigabyte z390 UD and M.2 nvme SSD. This is the only drive installed and it seems that windows cannot detect any drives on my computer, however fedora linux as well as any other works...
  9. Help with nvme m.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with nvme m.2: Need help m.2 nvme card I bought a digifast nvme m.2 and it won’t show up in Windows. I try doing the Disk Management, Initialize Disk but it’s doesn’t show up. When I go into the bios is there I see the m.2 and my ssd card. Help please. X570 gigabyte mobo. Thank you....
  10. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...