Windows 10: Windows installation unsuccessful

Discus and support Windows installation unsuccessful in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear ****munity, I am having trouble and a real bad day because of it with my laptop. I had windows 10 installed on it, but after a recent windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BitBork, Feb 19, 2021.

1. BitBork Win User

Windows installation unsuccessful

Dear ****munity,

I am having trouble and a real bad day because of it with my laptop. I had windows 10 installed on it, but after a recent windows update it appeared to freeze on occasion, to which the only answer was to hold down the power button to turn it off. Today I had to resort to it once more, causing the laptop to not boot anymore. It was stuck endlessly on the spinning loading circle.

My solution to this was to reinstall windows on the 1st drive SSD as I could not even get into the recovery media; I just got a black screen with a cursor where ctrl+alt+delete and shift+f10 didn't work when windows tried to get to it.

Using a borrowed usb drive with the windows 10 installation media on it I tried to wipe and reinstall windows on my SSD, but that didn't work. When trying to boot from the external drive all I got was the windows logo for a second and a blue/purple screen afterwards. Shift+10 does pull up the cmd but diskpart doesn't seem to work. I tried changing a range of settings in my BIOS, and several other things that would help according to other threads, but none did.

I do not mind losing the data on the SSD as all my important data is on a second HDD drive, but it is fairly urgent as I need the laptop for uni.

The laptop in question is an MSI GL62M REX.

I do have to note that this laptop was bought second hand and I have had issues with it before.

Could anyone please help me resolve this?

:)

BitBork, Feb 19, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Windows installation unsuccessful

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows installation unsuccessful

1. Windows installation unsuccessful - Similar Threads - installation unsuccessful

2. how do i delete unsuccessfully installed updates on windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete unsuccessfully installed updates on windows 7 ?: Im trying to uninstall updates that i installed because after i installed them one of the games i play stopped working and so far ive deleted all the updates i can delete but i cant delete some of the updates because they were unsuccessfully installed.....
  3. how do i delete unsuccessfully installed updates on windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i delete unsuccessfully installed updates on windows 7 ?: Im trying to uninstall updates that i installed because after i installed them one of the games i play stopped working and so far ive deleted all the updates i can delete but i cant delete some of the updates because they were unsuccessfully installed.....
  4. Unsuccessful installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsuccessful installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributal: Please anyone suggest a solution to this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsuccessful-installation-of-microsoft-visual-c/56ef7c0a-fb68-48a5-bd27-06988f086cc9
  5. Unsuccessful installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsuccessful installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributal: Please anyone suggest a solution to this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsuccessful-installation-of-microsoft-visual-c/56ef7c0a-fb68-48a5-bd27-06988f086cc9
  6. older game installation attempt unsuccessful

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    older game installation attempt unsuccessful: I have Windows 10 on my HP and am trying to install a 20 yr old game from The Learning Company which I was told would install without a hitch... When I placed the disc in my DVD RW drive it asked me if I wanted to install and I clicked 'yes'. After about 30 seconds it stated...
  7. stuck at "getting windows ready" screen while unsuccessfully stoping installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    stuck at "getting windows ready" screen while unsuccessfully stoping installation: hi so I was trying to install ni multisim but realised I accidentally unchecked something, so I wanted to stop the installation(it was at 0% for maybe 30 seconds). it didn't want to stop the installation, all the time being at 0%, I didnt know what to do so I restarted my...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrdae Media Creator ''Installing unsuccessful'' no error code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrdae Media Creator ''Installing unsuccessful'' no error code: After waiting for all the Instalations of the ''Media Creator'' Upgrade intall it just end up with this [ATTACH] ''Intalation program of Windows 10'' ''Installing of Windows 10 was unsuccessful'' only option is ''OK'' Nothing else it just ends like this I ran it of 3...
  9. Unable to use my installation code after an unsuccessful install of MFS2020 Premium Deluxe...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to use my installation code after an unsuccessful install of MFS2020 Premium Deluxe...: I purchased a digital license for the Premium Deluxe Edition of FS2020 from a physical store. I redeemed the code to the MS Store and then downloaded the application to my laptop. While the app was being installed I saw a warning on my screen saying that my pc did not meet...
  10. Clean install randomly unsuccessful; any solution?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install randomly unsuccessful; any solution?: I just swapped a working SSD into my newly acquired (used) 7th generation i3 laptop, then did a clean install of Win10 Pro 2004 from USB and ran Windows Update until it found no more updates. I ended up with a system that was brutally slow, much slower than with a traditional...