Windows 10: Windows Installation USB just boots to Windows desktop doesn't start installation process

Discus and support Windows Installation USB just boots to Windows desktop doesn't start installation process in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to upgrade to larger SSD for Windows. I've downloaded the media creation tool, created my media on a 16GB USB and whenever I restart and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eurekaiv, Mar 13, 2020.

1. eurekaiv Win User

Windows Installation USB just boots to Windows desktop doesn't start installation process

I'm trying to upgrade to larger SSD for Windows. I've downloaded the media creation tool, created my media on a 16GB USB and whenever I restart and select the USB as the boot disk, it fails to load an installer and instead just boots Windows 10 directly from the USB drive. I've reformatted and rebuilt the media 4 or 5 times now and same thing every time. I've tried multiple USB ports with no success. I've tried two different USB drives with no success.

Windows 10 Home on a 3 year old PC. I have Clover bootloader installed as the PC uses both OSX and WIndows on seperate SSDs currently. I was able to accomplish this task without issue when I first built the computer as it's how I got windows installed in the first place.

:)

eurekaiv, Mar 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 13, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Installing windows from usb hard drive

I know you can do that, but what about having different windows installers on each partition? I think that's what the OP needs.

erocker, Mar 13, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows Installation USB just boots to Windows desktop doesn't start installation process

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Installation USB just boots to Windows desktop doesn't start installation process - Similar Threads - Installation USB boots

2. Windows keep booting into USB installation media after installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep booting into USB installation media after installation: Hi. I downloaded a windows 10 media installation using USB. I followed the installation instructions but it boots back to the media installation page again and again after installing it. Please help. I need to work on the laptop. Your replies will be appreciated. Thanks in...
  3. USB Windows Install Booting Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Windows Install Booting Issues: Hey guys...I have spent the past two days going through different youtube videos and threads on this website for answers but haven't had any luck.I have a basic HP Pavilion laptop that is about 3 years old. Model 15-cd001ds. I installed a new 500gb SSD in it this week and...
  4. Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk

Windows 10 fresh installation doesn't boot without the windows USB installer disk: I have 4 disk, 2 nvme and 2 SSD in my system. Recently i formatted all the disks and installed the OS on a nvme disk. The problem is that while the system perfectly work when the installation USB key is connected, if i disconnect it the system doesn't boot. It's possible...
  5. Windows won't boot to Windows Installer USB

Windows won't boot to Windows Installer USB: Hello, I'm aware that this problem had already some forum posts and serval fixes are already suggested by many sources. I'm writing this question because nothing of that worked for me. My situation: I worked with a working Windows 10 a couple days ago. Now I switched...
  6. Problems with Windows 10 USB install hanging during install process

Problems with Windows 10 USB install hanging during install process: Trying to install Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Followed the steps to create a USB install drive and it creates properly per the MCT... The machine is a 8GB with 480 SSD new drive, when Booted I get the MSFT logo for a few seconds then the turning wheel of dots...
  7. Install process just ends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install process just ends: Hi guys, I am trying to install the latest PowerBI on a windows 10 machine. It had a previous version which was playing up so we uninstalled it and wanted to install a clean version. When installing, I open the exe as the admin. i am the admin. I am prompted if I want the...
  8. Minecraft Windows 10, installation doesn't start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10, installation doesn't start.: I redeemed a code for the game. I can see it in the windows store but when I click "install" nothing happens. Literally nothing. I can spam the button but nothing changes.< The only peculiar thing that I noticed is that if I try to go to the download page after I clicked...
  9. windows 10 usb error in install process

windows 10 usb error in install process: Hello Community, I am installing windows 10 on my PC build. At 9% into getting required files, i get the error Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Makes sure that all files required for installation are avaliable and restart the...
  10. Installing Windows to Boot From A USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing Windows to Boot From A USB: Hi Guys, I want to reinstall Windows to get rid of any nasty stuff that might be lurking in the registry as I've recently picked up a long list of malware. If I use the Windows download tool to create a reinstall file, will it create a pure, original Windows file, or will it...