Windows 10: Windows installation wiped my USB

Discus and support Windows installation wiped my USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Are you kidding me? I installed windows installer into my USB flash drive with MediaCreationTool and it completely wiped and formatted my USB. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LukášSmida, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Windows installation wiped my USB

Are you kidding me? I installed windows installer into my USB flash drive with MediaCreationTool and it completely wiped and formatted my USB. There was no alert or warning about this in installer. I had very important stuff on that flash drive - data there cost actual money. So I pay you for your software and you wipe my hardly earned stuff? Now who refunds me? This is not even funny.

:)

LukášSmida, Dec 10, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 10, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Windows installation wiped my USB

Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

Windows installation wiped my USB [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows installation wiped my USB

1. Windows installation wiped my USB - Similar Threads - installation wiped USB

2. Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB: I messed up my drive Partitioning Dualboot etc. and now I'd like to reinstall Windows.1. The question now arises if Windows installer will delete my unessacery partitions?2. And if I need a new Product Key for reinstalling windows on the same device?...
  3. Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wipe Harddrive and Partitoning when installing Windows from Live USB: I messed up my drive Partitioning Dualboot etc. and now I'd like to reinstall Windows.1. The question now arises if Windows installer will delete my unessacery partitions?2. And if I need a new Product Key for reinstalling windows on the same device?...
  4. Windows update wiped my USB key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update wiped my USB key: Hello, I kept my USB key in my computer during a minor Windows update and that caused the entire key ~150 GB worth of data to be wiped and my key got reformatted so it is not recognizable by Windows, Mac, or my Android phone. This was all work data, I am very disappointed. If...
  5. Windows update wiped my USB key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update wiped my USB key: Hello, I kept my USB key in my computer during a minor Windows update and that caused the entire key ~150 GB worth of data to be wiped and my key got reformatted so it is not recognizable by Windows, Mac, or my Android phone. This was all work data, I am very disappointed. If...
  6. Windows update wiped my USB key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Installation on my wiped hard disk

Installation on my wiped hard disk: Hi I have a wiped hard disk and i'm getting stuck at the HP Logo or sometimes it displays a I/O error or sometimes other errors. If you read this post you will know what happened:...
  8. Wipe and re-install Windows

Wipe and re-install Windows: I have an older desktop computer that I want to wipe clean and re-install the operating system. It’s was upgraded to Windows 10 PRO from Windows 7 PRO quite a while ago. The original factory image that came the computer is Windows 7 and no longer supported. So, if I...
  9. Windows install wipe ubuntu

Windows install wipe ubuntu: Quick question to you all, I was wondering, since i need to do a fresh install of windows on my device, will that wipe all the partitions on my drive including the partition that has ubuntu installed on?...
  10. Windows 10 Media USB Install option wiped all existing usb files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Media USB Install option wiped all existing usb files: i downloaded the "Windows 10 Media Installation" https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10files onto a USB option and when I open the USB file folder it appears to have wiped out all my previously stored files as well as changed the capacity of the drive...