Windows 10: Windows Installation with Media Creation Tool isn't working and is corrupting my flash...

Discus and support Windows Installation with Media Creation Tool isn't working and is corrupting my flash... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, thanks for reading. I've just built a new pc, and im trying to install windows on it by using a USB stick or whatever. I've run the Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sandeben, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Windows Installation with Media Creation Tool isn't working and is corrupting my flash...

Hey, thanks for reading.

I've just built a new pc, and im trying to install windows on it by using a USB stick or whatever. I've run the Media Creation Tool, downloaded from the Microsoft website:

https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/software-download/windows10

I pick the drive I want to use, I've made sure it's backed up, but then it gets stuck at 50% on the "Creating Windows 10 Media" page (I think that was the one). After a while I try cancelling it, and it says "Setup is cleaning up before it closes". It doesn't budge from this screen, and searching online shows that other people have had this problem as well. Other than leaving it overnight or something daft like that, I don't know what I can do, so I first tried just force closing it. This has broken my USB drive, and I can't use it any more - it says "Please insert a disc into USB drive G:" (for example). I then tried with an SD card, and the same thing happened.

I now have a good USB stick and SD card which have been left broken and unusable, and I have no idea what I can do next to install Windows on my PC. I guess my next option is to buy another drive, and try using the tool on someone else's PC, as I guess the problem is the work laptop I'm using at the moment. I don't really want to keep feeding it drives to break though.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for this, for either getting it to work or for restoring my drives?

submitted by /u/sandeben
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sandeben, Oct 30, 2020
  2. jacka27 Win User

Resetting PC problem via windows and media creation tool

Windows Installation with Media Creation Tool isn't working and is corrupting my flash... [​IMG]

Windows Installation with Media Creation Tool isn't working and is corrupting my flash... [​IMG]

This Is the message I had (btw apologies if my English isn’t the best, the predictive text on my iPad isn’t great)

jacka27, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    media creation tool does not see flash drive

Hi Keitaro,

In order for us to assist you regarding the Media Creation Tool, that doesn’t recognize your flash drives. Kindly refer to the response of
    Keitaro on this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps on how to update your computers system using the Media Creation Tool.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Windows Installation with Media Creation Tool isn't working and is corrupting my flash...

Media Creation Tool and corrupt Update files

My update files are corrupt on Windows 8.1 and cannot download Windows 10. I have tried the system file checker and refresh tools to no avail. Appart from a complete new install of Windows 8 will downloading onto a USB flash drive the Windows 10 'Media
    Creation Tool' install Windows 10 and repair or replace the updating files?

paulhowcroft, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Installation with Media Creation Tool isn't working and is corrupting my flash...

1. Windows Installation with Media Creation Tool isn't working and is corrupting my flash... - Similar Threads - Installation Media Creation

2. Media Creation tool not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation tool not working: Media creation tool show error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-not-working/493d6960-bd09-4926-a314-7e7e562f1cba
  3. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool not working: For the past 4 hours I've been desperately trying to update my old PC with Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Unfortunately, every time I open the program, I get error 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I've tried every single solution I could find online, but none of...
  4. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool not working: For the past 4 hours I've been desperately trying to update my old PC with Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Unfortunately, every time I open the program, I get error 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I've tried every single solution I could find online, but none of...
  5. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  7. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  8. Media creation tool not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media creation tool not working: I want to upgrade to 64 bit os but when I use the media creation tool to upgrade, I did everything correctly and when it goes to the setup clean before restart or something like meaning it's gonna finish but it closes but it was supposed to restart please help I do know my pc...
  9. Media Creation Tool not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation Tool not working?: I had a Windows 10 32 bit PC, and used the tool to upgrade to 64 bits. The whole PC got formatted and the process went smoothly, but when I launched my PC it was still 32 bits! What's the fix to this? And yes I'm sure I download the 64 bit file on my USB submitted by...
  10. Media Creation Tool USB install - corrupt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation Tool USB install - corrupt: Hi, I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc build. I'm not a regular Windows user but I have already done quite a few installations with CDs and DVDs on physical and virtual computers. The issue I'm currently facing is that both burning and reading DVDs is not an option...