Windows 10: Windows Installation won't post after restart.

Discus and support Windows Installation won't post after restart. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Decided to upgrade computer and got new memory, PSU, videocard, motherboard and CPU. Went and installed windows 10 on old ssd after wiping it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NoritakaSakai, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Windows Installation won't post after restart.

Decided to upgrade computer and got new memory, PSU, videocard, motherboard and CPU. Went and installed windows 10 on old ssd after wiping it and install went all the way to the restarting PC in 10 seconds. It would restart but nothing on the screen. Things I have tried:

1. Tried 1 stick each in different DIMM slots and always installs windows fine but won't see anything on restart.

2. Installed without videocard first as it's got onboard video.

3. Removed everything on the motherboard except the pins to power, led, restart and hdd led.

Specs:

Asrock Z170A-X1 motherbaord

Celeron G3950

GSkill 2666 2x8gb kit

Seasonic 620W PSU

Sapphire Radeon 580

SSD was a Zotac 256gb I had in there originally. Any ideas? I'm going away for vacation so I guess I will try all the suggestions next week when I"m back but I think it could be memory but why would it allow installation just won't restart when it asks it to? Or maybe motherboard?

TIA

:)

NoritakaSakai, Apr 11, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 11, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows Installation won't post after restart.

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Windows Installation won't post after restart.

1. Windows Installation won't post after restart. - Similar Threads - Installation won't post

2. Installer hangs right after POST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installer hangs right after POST: I have been trying to install windows 10 on a computer. Here's what I do1. Make a usb stick32 gb with the official tool2. Plug in the stick to the computerAMD A10, 8gb of ram, 128gb Kingston ssd3. Power up the computer 3.5 Computer POST's successfully 4. Open boot options5....
  3. Installer hangs right after POST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installer hangs right after POST: I have been trying to install windows 10 on a computer. Here's what I do1. Make a usb stick32 gb with the official tool2. Plug in the stick to the computerAMD A10, 8gb of ram, 128gb Kingston ssd3. Power up the computer 3.5 Computer POST's successfully 4. Open boot options5....
  4. Installer hangs right after POST

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD and then no POST after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and then no POST after restart: Hi, hoping I can pick your guys brains on a troubling problem I had occur last nightSo I was gaming and suddenly without any stuttering or any other signs of issues my computer showed a BSOD. Usually id write down the code for the error but something weird had occurred here....
  6. BSOD and then no POST after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and then no POST after restart: Hi, hoping I can pick your guys brains on a troubling problem I had occur last nightSo I was gaming and suddenly without any stuttering or any other signs of issues my computer showed a BSOD. Usually id write down the code for the error but something weird had occurred here....
  7. BSOD and then no POST after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 11 won't install - stuck on boot screen after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't install - stuck on boot screen after restart: Hi All,Struggling to upgrade my laptop to windows 11. It's elgible for the update and shows up in the windows update section. Everytime I update I get as far as needing to restart the PC then my laptop just gets stuck on the boot screen. From there I have to power off...
  9. Windows 10 won't install updates after restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 won't install updates after restart: Just now my PC finished downloading build 15002 and asked me to reboot to install the build. I did not do it immediately because I was busy. But now that I've been trying to reboot to install, the PC just restarted, did not install anything. I tried "update and restart"...
  10. Won't book, won't post

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't book, won't post: Hi. I have problems I came to my pc today, and it wouldn't boot. After numerous attempts, and failure to enter the BIOS, I was shown the refresh/repair /reset page. I tried refresh, that did not resolve the issue. After a few more attempts to boot, I got that choice...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restarting computer after motherboard upgrade