Windows 10: Windows Installed An Odd Audio Driver

Discus and support Windows Installed An Odd Audio Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Despite me telling Microsoft to postpone a Windows update, it disregarded my instructions, installed one anyway and has another scheduled to install. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ryevick, Aug 23, 2020.

1. ryevick Win User

Windows Installed An Odd Audio Driver

Despite me telling Microsoft to postpone a Windows update, it disregarded my instructions, installed one anyway and has another scheduled to install. I suppose because they think we're just taking up space on their planet. But I digress.

I now have an audio driver that has installed itself via Microsoft for the audio speaker in my display monitor. It is listed in my playback devices as 2962 (2 - NVIDIA High Definition Audio). I could just disable it but unless there's something else going on that may cause problems I'm unaware of, I wouldn't mind in so much if I could just rename it. Several photos attached.

Suggestions?

Windows 10 64
    Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1016

Windows Installed An Odd Audio Driver [​IMG]

:)

ryevick, Aug 23, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Installed An Odd Audio Driver - Similar Threads - Installed Odd Audio

2. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  3. No audio device is installed Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio device is installed Audio Driver: Hello,Pls am having serious issue with my elite book 8470p audio driver, the sound icon on the home screen has a red X on it. Currently my system produces no sound.On the sound enhancement tabs, it says no audio driver is installed.What's the best solution to this?...
  4. There are no audio drivers installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are no audio drivers installed: I recently reset my whole laptop and now I have no audio. I tried going into device manager but this is all i would find under sound video and game controllers. I tried almost every tutorial, but the problem does not fix. I have ran the troubleshooter, but it just tells me to...
  5. There are no audio drivers installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There are no audio drivers installed: I recently reset my whole laptop and now I have no audio. I tried going into device manager but this is all i would find under sound video and game controllers. I tried almost every tutorial, but the problem does not fix. I have ran the troubleshooter, but it just tells me to...
  6. Audio driver not installed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver not installed.: Hi everyone. My microphone isn't working for some reason and I've just only recently got my acer aspire i5 laptop. For some reason when I test it the results are just a bubbly robotic sound like it's in the sea. So I've gone onto device manager and followed potential...
  7. Audio driver installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio driver installation: Upon updating my pc, it messed up my ability to use audio. I have to install another audio device and I don’t know what I need to install. Not exactly an expert with computers. submitted by /u/Hulksmash0011 [link] [comments]...
  8. audio driver not installed.

audio driver not installed.: Every time I update window 10 audio device is not found. I have tried everything. Keep getting error message. Last time I updated I had to get tech support on the phone. Is this going to happen every time I update??...
  9. audio driver is not installed

audio driver is not installed: i can't install a audio driver for my windows. what can i do for solving this??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-driver-is-not-installed/132a9cb0-b77e-48dd-9b4f-f6f4e83bb480
  10. Usb driver odd behaviour?

Usb driver odd behaviour?: Hi! This is long term issue for me, i was not able to find a clear answer for why this happens, since to me it's not working as intended. So what happens when i use FTDI 230x as Comport and attach or detach USB device to my system, for reason or another RTS signal...