Windows 10: Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them

Discus and support Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, I just bought two SSD drives and installed Win 10 on the 250gb one. I don't know what happened (what I did!) but when I opened the SSD 500gb W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by redbourn, Oct 12, 2018.

1. redbourn Win User

Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them

hi,

I just bought two SSD drives and installed Win 10 on the 250gb one.

I don't know what happened (what I did!) but when I opened the SSD 500gb W10 got installed there too.

I didn't install any programs on the 250gb - So how do I safely remove Windows from it.

Thank you.

:)

redbourn, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

i dont know what you mean, quick format is an option when installing windows xp, vista, and 7.

Mussels, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them - Similar Threads - installed drives need

2. C Drive Formatted and no OS installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C Drive Formatted and no OS installed: I have a problem. I accidentally formatted my C drive when I was going to install windows 10. So the condition now is I don't have any os installed. The worst thing is the C drive is formatted too. Please help. I want to install windows 10 using bootable disk but it says...
  3. "A Newer Version of One Drive is Installed - you need to uninstall it before installing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "A Newer Version of One Drive is Installed - you need to uninstall it before installing...: "A Newer Version of One Drive is Installed - you need to uninstall it before installing this version" OneDrive is not in my programs list so cannot uninstall. No OneDrive icon on bottom right side of screen Please help...
  4. windows store installing games to 2 drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows store installing games to 2 drives: Hi there, I have changed where to store games and apps in storage settings to an external drive, when installing apps from the windows store they are downloading to 2 drives.... the C drive and also the specified external drive. for example I have just downloaded forza...
  5. format 2 hardrives

format 2 hardrives: I have a SSD and a HDD , currently windows is installed on the HDD. I want to format both hardrives and reinstall on the SSD. Will I be given an option to format both hardrives before reinstalling on the SSD? Or will I need to manually format the HDD first?...
  6. One Drive on 2 machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive on 2 machines: I have 2 W10 (1803) machines and have put several folders and files on One Drive on my Desktop. When I boot my laptop those files do not appear in its One Drive. Same MS Account on each machine. I am new to One Drive and thought if I put stuff on OD on one machine it would...
  7. Formatted Windows drive, format others too?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Formatted Windows drive, format others too?: This has been a point of confusion every time I do a clean format; I'm not sure what to do with my extra 1tb WD black drive. Usually I just format it as well, but I'd like to know whether or not this is necessary. I have programs installed on it, such as Unreal Engine, Steam...
  8. Need formatting tool for 10 Install

Need formatting tool for 10 Install: I've got a brand new Acer R3-131T for upgrade. Got it from a customer, a Walmart item. At first glance, I thought a mistake was made since I've never seen a PC shipped with a 32GB HDD since before Windows 3.1. Anyway, I couldn't do the Upgrade because of lack of space....
  9. One Drive needs to drive somewhere else

in Windows 10 Support
    One Drive needs to drive somewhere else: I know there is a purpose and some will say it is a good utility...but, I hate when a computer does things because Microsoft thought it was a good idea to override our wishes and do stuff. I hate one drive. I hate having pictures and thing put on the cloud. I have enough hard...
  10. Windows won't install on GPT formatted drive.

Windows won't install on GPT formatted drive.: This is probably a longshot, but might anyone here know why my laptop won't boot in UEFI mode? I'm trying to install windows 10 on a new SSD, but I'm getting the error message: "windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style." The...