Windows 10: Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them

Discus and support Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, I just bought two SSD drives and installed Win 10 on the 250gb one. I don't know what happened (what I did!) but when I opened the SSD 500gb W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by redbourn, Oct 12, 2018.

1. redbourn Win User

Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them

hi,

I just bought two SSD drives and installed Win 10 on the 250gb one.

I don't know what happened (what I did!) but when I opened the SSD 500gb W10 got installed there too.

I didn't install any programs on the 250gb - So how do I safely remove Windows from it.

Thank you.

:)

redbourn, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

i dont know what you mean, quick format is an option when installing windows xp, vista, and 7.

Mussels, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows installed on 2 drives and need to format one of them - Similar Threads - installed drives need

2. format drive and install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    format drive and install windows: Back when the user actually had ownership of their computer, we used to be able to format the hard dive completely and install windows. That's not possible with win 10. There's so much bloat wear and malware on here that this machine hardly functions. My only solution is to...
  3. format drive and install windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    format drive and install windows: Back when the user actually had ownership of their computer, we used to be able to format the hard dive completely and install windows. That's not possible with win 10. There's so much bloat wear and malware on here that this machine hardly functions. My only solution is to...
  4. 2 Windows 10 installs, One drive, 2 Bitlocker passwords?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Windows 10 installs, One drive, 2 Bitlocker passwords?: I have a dual boot system and I want to have each install encrypted separately, and require different passwords. Can Bitlocker do this? I tried with Veracrypt, but could only do one submitted by /u/Ditchmag [link] [comments]...
  5. I installed 2 hard drives with win 10 on them and...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I installed 2 hard drives with win 10 on them and...: I needed to reformat on but they did some funky stuff like mesh files. I did get the 2nd drive formatted and windows is working but it will not keep me logged in and there are still some "greyed out folders that I can't delete that say they need an administrator to remove....
  6. Does my drive need to be formatted for windows?

Does my drive need to be formatted for windows?: I am going to build a new computer when I came over an issue. I want to move my files over from my old pc but I came across an issue. If I put all of the files in a folder and put it on the drive then will I need to format the drive and lose that stuff? Thanks. submitted by...
  7. Installing Windows on Formatted drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows on Formatted drive: Hi there, I have a NVMe SSD formatted to NTFS but when I try to install windows10 on it I'm told that it has a MBR partition table. When I go to disk management to try to convert it to a GPT disk it won't allow me to convert it. How do I fix this problem so the windows10 o/s...
  8. Two NVMe drives and trying to install windows on one of them

Two NVMe drives and trying to install windows on one of them: I have two nvme drives installed and I'm trying to install windows on one of them but it keeps giving me the "could not create partition or locate existing one" error no matter what I do. Are there soecial steps I'm supposed to take to install windows 10 on an nvme? I...
  9. Do i need to format a drive partiton to install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i need to format a drive partiton to install windows: The partition i have has files and want to perform an dual boot discussion at:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-32-bit-and-64-bit-dual-booting/6e7c8e64-e511-4b56-b256-bc89d3e536e7. Can i install windows 10 without formatting the partition?...
  10. Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual m.2 SSD, Need to format Drive with System Partition: I'm trying to use my 500 GB drive for storage. Windows is asking to format the SSD buuuut it has the "System Reserved" with only 594 MB. So will formatting the SDD get rid of the "System Reserved" and crash the computer and stop the computer from booting...