Windows 10: Windows installed without disconnecting other storage devices - what should I do?

Discus and support Windows installed without disconnecting other storage devices - what should I do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 without disconnecting other storage devices. I didn't know that this is an issue until I realized that the EFI folder is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mikay_, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Mikay_ Win User

Windows installed without disconnecting other storage devices - what should I do?

I installed Windows 10 without disconnecting other storage devices. I didn't know that this is an issue until I realized that the EFI folder is not where I expect it to be. I now have an empty 349MB large partition and the EFI folder is on D.

What are the implications of this? Could I simply copy the EFI folder to the free partition?

Or do I have to reinstall Windows?

Thanks!

:)

Mikay_, Jul 12, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

Windows installed without disconnecting other storage devices - what should I do? [​IMG]

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, Jul 12, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Windows installed without disconnecting other storage devices - what should I do?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows installed without disconnecting other storage devices - what should I do?

1. Windows installed without disconnecting other storage devices - what should I do? - Similar Threads - installed without disconnecting

2. "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?: " no bootable device" on screen. What should I do? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-on-screen-what-should-i-do/fdf528cc-f84d-4093-9be9-0fd013216b67
  3. "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "no bootable device" on screen. What should I do?: " no bootable device" on screen. What should I do? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-bootable-device-on-screen-what-should-i-do/fdf528cc-f84d-4093-9be9-0fd013216b67
  4. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do?: I am starting a course in cybersecurity and I was downloading kali linux operating system to my laptop and the screen of the virtual machine turned black. I am using windows 10, version 21H2OS Build 19044.2251...
  5. what should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should i do?: Starting WSUS Offline Update v. 12.0 at 17:36:44.12... Checking user's privileges... Determining system's properties... Determining Windows licensing info... Found Microsoft Windows version: 6.3.9600.17085 w63 x64 enu Found Microsoft Windows Software Licensing Management Tool...
  6. How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disconnect a bluetooth device without disconnecting it?: I have a bluetooth speaker I wanna pair it with my phone, but I have to disconnect it from my computer to show up, but I wanna keep it on my computer for later use, so instead of removing the device from my computer’s bluetooth, how do I disconnect it or unpair it? (My...
  7. What I should do?

What I should do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/afdas117 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lyx7w7/what_i_should_do/
  8. What should I do if I change my device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should I do if I change my device?: Hi all, just a doubt. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 OS, and I want to switch to another Dell laptop not right nowwith Windows OS, then what are the steps to be taken? 1Should a fresh copy of windows be loaded? 2How can I get all my apps in my old device to my new...
  9. What should I do?

What should I do?: My icons on taskbar magically disappeared, and not microphone, sound and that icons, but Google, file explorer etc.. Then I wanted to see if rebooting it will resolve the problem. Pressed shutdown, then restart. And now it says "Getting Windows ready, dont turn of you...
  10. what should i do?

in Windows 10 Support
    what should i do?: Hello..... New here and this one is my ist thred... Since i upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10 i am using it...but now my pc need re-install windows. what should i do? my windows upgrade from 8.1 to windows 10 free upgrade. and i have also setup of win 8.1 66652