Windows 10: Windows installer folder has occupied 180gb

Discus and support Windows installer folder has occupied 180gb in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello,If anyone could come up with a possible solution for windows installer folder occupying almost the whole hard drive. in my case i have windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abbi_123, Jul 30, 2021.

1. abbi_123 Win User

Windows installer folder has occupied 180gb

hello,If anyone could come up with a possible solution for windows installer folder occupying almost the whole hard drive. in my case i have windows 10 with 250gb hard drive with no partition and now it has reached its limit only 700mb is left while windows installer folder has occupied 180gb. i have read on some of the previous threads that its not safe to delete files from installer folder while in my case there are several "tmp" files of more den 1gb each in the installer folder. whats the possible solution. Anyone??

:)

abbi_123, Jul 30, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows installer folder has occupied 180gb ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Windows installer folder has occupied 180gb

Windows installation folder

A couple of years ago, I read that Windows has a special folder that contains files used during the installation process. Also, I heard there's another folder that Windows uses as a back-up of every system file, just in case the user wants to do a system restore. Where can I find both folders and are they safe to delete?

GoFigureItOut, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows installer folder has occupied 180gb

1. Windows installer folder has occupied 180gb - Similar Threads - installer folder has

2. Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive: On my Desktop Win 8.1, the Properties dialog for all folder shows they occupy 133 GB space. The chkdsk command shows that 143 GB space is occupied. I can't find out who has occupied this 10 GB space. I need to recover this to make space on my hard drive.What can I do to get...
  3. Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible folders/files occupying space on C Drive: On my Desktop Win 8.1, the Properties dialog for all folder shows they occupy 133 GB space. The chkdsk command shows that 143 GB space is occupied. I can't find out who has occupied this 10 GB space. I need to recover this to make space on my hard drive.What can I do to get...
  4. App still occupied space after installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App still occupied space after installing: Just as the title said , now my disk C have like 8gb left showing , but there should be more than that, Because all these game were uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-still-occupied-space-after-installing/731d2c77-75b2-4e4f-966d-2f6f1dc56889
  5. App still occupied space after installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App still occupied space after installing: Just as the title said , now my disk C have like 8gb left showing , but there should be more than that, Because all these game were uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-still-occupied-space-after-installing/731d2c77-75b2-4e4f-966d-2f6f1dc56889
  6. App still occupied space after installing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. services occupy CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    services occupy CPU: Dear community How many services are totaly essentially needed ??At times 93.5% CPU is taken only by services and it does't allow me to open apps Explorer crashes again and againI have already run DISM and SFCPlease helpAny help would be highly appriciated...
  8. Icons Occupied Space on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Occupied Space on Windows 10: I just add new external display for my laptop. But once I change the size of apps and texts on the main display back and forth from 100% to 175% in ease of access display settings, the icons disappeared and only two show on desktop and they occupied the whole screen. Can...
  9. windows 10 size is 4 gb but it occupies more space while installing it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 size is 4 gb but it occupies more space while installing it: hi, windows 10 size is 4gb but installing it on c drive with 31.4 gb free space, renders only 2 gb free space . is it possible to reduce it to 5 or 6 gb. [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] any hint to reduce its size would be highly appreciated. thanks....
  10. Windows Server 2019 installer folder occupied 368GB !!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Server 2019 installer folder occupied 368GB !!: Hi , I hope to get answer here, thanks in advance , recently I noticed that my windows server 2019 hard disk out of space suddenly , upon checking it is because the installer folder occupied 368GB. Have tried disk cleanup but nothing help. please tell me what should...