Windows 10: windows/installer folder

Discus and support windows/installer folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just checked for more space using folders with windirstat. It showed a folder Installer in windows folder as below [img] But I am not seeing any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lvgandhi, Oct 4, 2018.

1. lvgandhi Win User

windows/installer folder

I just checked for more space using folders with windirstat.
    It showed a folder Installer in windows folder as below

windows/installer folder [​IMG]

But I am not seeing any Installer folder in Windows.
    It has files of winpe of 1607 and macrium reflect free file.
    Are they still necessary after macrium boot drive is made and macrium installed.

:)

lvgandhi, Oct 4, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink windows/installer folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 4, 2018
  4. windows/installer folder

Windows installation folder

A couple of years ago, I read that Windows has a special folder that contains files used during the installation process. Also, I heard there's another folder that Windows uses as a back-up of every system file, just in case the user wants to do a system restore. Where can I find both folders and are they safe to delete?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

windows/installer folder

1. windows/installer folder - Similar Threads - installer folder

2. Install problem after moving default library folders to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Install problem after moving default library folders to D: Trying to install TaxCut and keep getting an error saying it needs access to E:\Public. But E is my CD drive. The error number is 1303, but that's a permission-related error which is not the problem as I'm running as administrator and D has full control permissions. Could...
  3. Missing Shortcut and Start Menu folder after install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Shortcut and Start Menu folder after install: An end - user came to me with an error when clicking a shortcut on his desktop "File or Path Not Found." I looked at the folder at where the location was in the start menu and it was installed to this path C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming but there was no .exe in that folder. I...
  4. I messed up while changing the defualt installation folder in the registration.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up while changing the defualt installation folder in the registration.: C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe The file name directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect. this error message pops up with every approach ive taken so far. 1. regedit in run 2. resetting / reinstalling windows 3. trying to install any program 4. Formatting via disc...
  5. Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer

Auditing/Effective Access with a folder that is owned by Trusted Installer: In windows 10 under properties -> security -> Advanced, can you audit or give effective access that is owned by TrustedInstaller or would you have to take ownership of that folder first before you can audit or give effective access to that folder? Please Note: I am not...
  6. Install Windows store games in specific folder.

Install Windows store games in specific folder.: Can anyone here tell me how to install big games like "Sea Of Thieves" in a specific folder on a specific drive. When i click install it lets me choose what drive i want to use but not in which folder i want it to be in. I want my folders and games and what not to be...
  7. OneDrive - QQU.ME folder cannot access when re-instal window

OneDrive - QQU.ME folder cannot access when re-instal window: D:\OneDrive - QQU.ME This folder I out all my data but it not finish upload to onedrive. And I install windows 7. But this folder cannot access. When i click on folder show: "The file cannot be accessed by the system" so please help me how to open this folder. Because all...
  8. Windows Installer folder and CSC folder taking an insane amount of space on drive

Windows Installer folder and CSC folder taking an insane amount of space on drive: Ahoy! And good day to you. My overall Windows folder takes 80.8 Go of space on my hard drive, a ludicrous amount (I have a 256 Go SSD as primary drive C:) According to TreeSize(Free): - Windows Installer folder takes 37.5 Go of space - CSC folder takes 23 Go of space,...
  9. trying to rename my old user folder from another install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    trying to rename my old user folder from another install: i just reinstalled windows and on my old install i had all my user profiles go to the e drive and not the c on this new install i want to do the same thing however i cannot rename the old user directory to users-old as it will cause explorer.exe to stop responding and i...
  10. File installations and temp folder issue.

File installations and temp folder issue.: I am having this issue with a Windows machine I recently installed. I created another account on it and began installing various programs. The issue is some programs will install in the temp folder which causes them to disappear after I logout or reboot the computer....