Windows 10: windows/installer folder

Discus and support windows/installer folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just checked for more space using folders with windirstat. It showed a folder Installer in windows folder as below [img] But I am not seeing any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lvgandhi, Oct 4, 2018.

1. lvgandhi Win User

windows/installer folder

I just checked for more space using folders with windirstat.
    It showed a folder Installer in windows folder as below

windows/installer folder [​IMG]

But I am not seeing any Installer folder in Windows.
    It has files of winpe of 1607 and macrium reflect free file.
    Are they still necessary after macrium boot drive is made and macrium installed.

:)

lvgandhi, Oct 4, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink windows/installer folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 4, 2018
  4. windows/installer folder

Windows installation folder

A couple of years ago, I read that Windows has a special folder that contains files used during the installation process. Also, I heard there's another folder that Windows uses as a back-up of every system file, just in case the user wants to do a system restore. Where can I find both folders and are they safe to delete?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

windows/installer folder

1. windows/installer folder - Similar Threads - installer folder

2. trying to rename my old user folder from another install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    trying to rename my old user folder from another install: i just reinstalled windows and on my old install i had all my user profiles go to the e drive and not the c on this new install i want to do the same thing however i cannot rename the old user directory to users-old as it will cause explorer.exe to stop responding and i...
  3. File installations and temp folder issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File installations and temp folder issue.: I am having this issue with a Windows machine I recently installed. I created another account on it and began installing various programs. The issue is some programs will install in the temp folder which causes them to disappear after I logout or reboot the computer....
  4. I can't drag email to a folder after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't drag email to a folder after installing Windows 10: I can't drag email to a folder after installing Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-drag-email-to-a-folder-after-installing/5fc85bb6-509b-4b1b-8d42-f55b41c8448d
  5. WINDOWS10 NEW INSTALLATION - Encrypt FOLDER ATTRIBUTE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS10 NEW INSTALLATION - Encrypt FOLDER ATTRIBUTE: Hi, Can some one please give input if below issue is noticed and how it can be resolved.I have a pc of less than a year old and very recently I came to find that for a folder on right click in advanced option "Encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox is greyed out.Below...
  6. Controlled Folder Access: Prevents many benign apps/programs from properly installing and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access: Prevents many benign apps/programs from properly installing and...: Hi: I'm new to Windows Defender Security and to Windows 10. I found the "Controlled Folder Access" function, listed under Ransomware Protection the most troublesome aspect of it. Often a benign program won't install properly, and I get no notification in the...
  7. Installed Windows 10 October Update Yesterday. Lost my music folder.

Installed Windows 10 October Update Yesterday. Lost my music folder.: Hey, I installed the windows 10 October update through the windows update section. Everything is working just fine and great but I seem to lost all if my music which was around 10GB. This really has never happened before, though I been reading forms about the lost of files...
  8. installing programs fron your download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing programs fron your download folder: what do you have to do to install programs you have downloaded and are in your download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/installing-programs-fron-your-download-folder/3e4c63c6-8ebe-4ea4-8e91-97edd37c4e8c
  9. unable to install iTunes temp folder

unable to install iTunes temp folder: Unable to create a temp folder when trying to download iTunes app on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/unable-to-install-itunes-temp-folder/66b620fa-ca6f-41d6-9f84-0136b6d50726
  10. New install now no permission to access any file or folders old drives

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New install now no permission to access any file or folders old drives: I had an older PC running windows 10 which was installed on an old HDD. I finally picked up a SSD for it. I opted for a clean install of Windows 10 on the SSD. Everything seemed to go okay until I tried to access anything but what Windows installed. Every folder, file,...