Windows 10: windows/installer folder

Discus and support windows/installer folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just checked for more space using folders with windirstat. It showed a folder Installer in windows folder as below [img] But I am not seeing any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lvgandhi, Oct 4, 2018.

1. lvgandhi Win User

windows/installer folder

I just checked for more space using folders with windirstat.
    It showed a folder Installer in windows folder as below

windows/installer folder [​IMG]

But I am not seeing any Installer folder in Windows.
    It has files of winpe of 1607 and macrium reflect free file.
    Are they still necessary after macrium boot drive is made and macrium installed.

:)

lvgandhi, Oct 4, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink windows/installer folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 4, 2018
  4. windows/installer folder

Windows installation folder

A couple of years ago, I read that Windows has a special folder that contains files used during the installation process. Also, I heard there's another folder that Windows uses as a back-up of every system file, just in case the user wants to do a system restore. Where can I find both folders and are they safe to delete?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

windows/installer folder

1. windows/installer folder - Similar Threads - installer folder

2. I cant install minecraft "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant install minecraft "We'll install this game to a new folder in the selected...: As i said in the title, when the menu pops up it doesn't load the options where to select location thus i cant install it. I have waited for 5 hours now and it still hasn't loaded. I tried downloading the mc launcher from the official website but when it tries to download it...
  3. Uanable to change the installation drive or installation folder in windows store on windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Uanable to change the installation drive or installation folder in windows store on windows 10: I'm trying to change both the installation drive and installation folder back to C:\ in windows store. Both of these options are pointing to F:\ and F:\Installation folder respectively, both options are greyed out...
  4. Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows: I installed iCloud for Windows in the hope to easily transfer photos from iCloud to my PC. However, even before I fully set up iCloud for Windows, my Pictures folder became empty!I checked properties and there is indeed no file and viewing hidden files also showed nothing.I...
  5. Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Pictures folder became Empty after installing iCloud for Windows: I installed iCloud for Windows in the hope to easily transfer photos from iCloud to my PC. However, even before I fully set up iCloud for Windows, my Pictures folder became empty!I checked properties and there is indeed no file and viewing hidden files also showed nothing.I...
  6. New motherboard installed, no network connections. Network and Internet folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New motherboard installed, no network connections. Network and Internet folder is empty.: Hello, I've been attempting to troubleshoot my issue for the past few hours using a variety of different methods but I am quite lost at this point. I've just recently built a brand new computer and after installing Windows 10, I was unable to connect to the internet. My...
  7. New motherboard installed, no network connections. Network and Internet folder is empty.

New motherboard installed, no network connections. Network and Internet folder is empty.: Hello, I've been attempting to troubleshoot my issue for the past few hours using a variety of different methods but I am quite lost at this point. I've just recently built a brand new computer and after installing Windows 10, I was unable to connect to the internet. My...
  8. New motherboard installed, no network connections. Network and Internet folder is empty.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?: I keep getting an error that a driver cannot load because my memory integrity is turned on and to disable it in order to load the driver.... the thing is I have NO IDEA why this driver is there in the first place. Reading up it claims to be Advanced Malware Protection from...
  10. Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?

Why does my computer keep installing amsdk.sys in my drivers folder?: I keep getting an error that a driver cannot load because my memory integrity is turned on and to disable it in order to load the driver.... the thing is I have NO IDEA why this driver is there in the first place. Reading up it claims to be Advanced Malware Protection from...