Windows 10: Windows\Installer folder

Discus and support Windows\Installer folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Could someone shine a light on why this folder for certain machines can reach 70-100Gb in size, we have basic Dell 7060 machines which have standard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sam Regan, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Sam Regan Win User

Windows\Installer folder

Could someone shine a light on why this folder for certain machines can reach 70-100Gb in size, we have basic Dell 7060 machines which have standard applications such as Office, Adobe Reader etc the anti-virus we use is Kaspersky. I cannot understand why this folder is this large with the small amount of applications we have. If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful for your input.

:)

Sam Regan, Oct 1, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows\Installer folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows\Installer folder

Windows installation folder

A couple of years ago, I read that Windows has a special folder that contains files used during the installation process. Also, I heard there's another folder that Windows uses as a back-up of every system file, just in case the user wants to do a system restore. Where can I find both folders and are they safe to delete?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows\Installer folder

1. Windows\Installer folder - Similar Threads - WindowsInstaller folder

2. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  3. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.: Hello everyone,as I was compressing my code project parent folder named Project that contains:- Folder: .vscode- Folder: bin- Folder: lib- Folder: source- File: README.mdI soon noticed that the folder named .vscode was ignored. As this one contains the launch.json and...
  4. Compressing parent container of a .vscode folder will ignore it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync: There has been issues with my onedrive not uploading up folders but can download from the Shared Company OnceDrive. When OneDrive syncs, it only downloads, but does not upload new information/data from my workstation...
  6. OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync

OneDrive wouldn't upload folders during sync: There has been issues with my onedrive not uploading up folders but can download from the Shared Company OnceDrive. When OneDrive syncs, it only downloads, but does not upload new information/data from my workstation...
  7. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  8. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  9. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...
  10. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...