Windows 10: Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

Discus and support Windows installer freezes on spinning dots? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently moved and tried to turn on my Windows 10 PC for the first time and got the BSOD. After trying a few of the fixes for that with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vincent.Kaye, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

Hi,

I recently moved and tried to turn on my Windows 10 PC for the first time and got the BSOD. After trying a few of the fixes for that with no success, I decided I would simply just clean install a new Windows 10 off my bootable USB. So I used my MSi motherboard settings to format my SSD and tried to boot off the USB after restarting.

However, when booting off the USB, the system freezes as soon as the small spinning dots come up. To be more specific, it displays 3 dots and then freezes on them no matter how long I wait.

Things i've tried:
    - Reformatted SSD.
    - Tried 2 different Windows ISO's on 2 different USB's (Home & Education edition).
    - Unplugged HDD inside case incase it was a faulty secondary drive causing issues.

I'm not really sure what to try now. Please note I didn't add a disk drive when I built this PC because it's 2018.

Thanks!

:)

Vincent.Kaye, Oct 20, 2018

2. spinning dots

After an automatic update I am constantly getting the spinning dots during streaming to Hulu. Pausing and freezing was bad before but this is horrible. I am not very good at computers and have read other info in the community about the dots but I don't
    understand most of what the solutions mean so if anyone has a suggestion please speak very simple computer dummy....

CindyScully, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fresh install - white spinning dots freeze

Hi Andre, thank you very much for your quick reply.

I had to leave for work early this morning and only had time to check if the SSD activity LED is lit when I'm at the frozen spinning dots screen. The LED is off, so the SSD is not activated and it truly freezes.

Before posting here I had already tried to install without internet plugged in, so the other steps you proposed would not work.

Do you have any other possible solutions?

Thanks

EDIT: I have read on another forum that removing the CMOS battery from the motherboard fixed a similar issue. From what I understand, doing so basically resets the BIOS settings, which I already attempted by loading the optimized default inside the BIOS. Would
    that be worth a shot?

2nd EDIT: I reset the CMOS batery using the jumper on my motherboard, and I also disabled devices that had a yellow exclamation point in the Device Manager. I even disabled my GPU. Same exact problem. Also I can't seem to boot from the Windows DVD now. Doing
    so lands me in the same spinning dots that rotate and then freeze. I don't know what to do at this point.

Purple Love4evah, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

spinning dots

I am no sure what modem you have , but if you can open your modem tab and check the signal strength , connecting / disconnecting go to settings and select force 3G\4G

OctavianQR, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows installer freezes on spinning dots?

1. Windows installer freezes on spinning dots? - Similar Threads - installer freezes spinning

2. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots: Hello! I have installed windows 10 on my pcwhich is old. All the installation process went good and setup asked to restart. And after that windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots.I waited for 2 houes but nothing happened.I powered off my pc and started it again but...
  3. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots: Hello! I have installed windows 10 on my pcwhich is old. All the installation process went good and setup asked to restart. And after that windows 10 logo is stuck with no spinning dots.I waited for 2 houes but nothing happened.I powered off my pc and started it again but...
  4. Windows 10 logo freeze with no spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 install freezes seconds into setup spinning dots

Windows 10 install freezes seconds into setup spinning dots: I'm trying to install 10 to an old desktop that meets the required minimum specs. I've tried the media creation disk and rufus MBR format with the same results. Desktop is currently running 7....
  6. Boot freezes at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot freezes at spinning dots: As the title says I am currently having an issue with my Win10 computer where whenever I try to boot it up it goes to the spinning dots under the company logo of the MB manufacturer and as soon as the dots appear it freezes. If I force automatic repair the exact same happens...
  7. Windows 10 freezes on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 freezes on spinning dots: Hello! I've got quite an annoying problem with my windows 10 desktop. Last week, I was playing games on my computer, as I do every night. While in game, my computer decided to just shut off without any warning. Since then I've restarted it about 50 times, for it to get...
  8. clean install freezes on windows logo and spinning dots freeze too

clean install freezes on windows logo and spinning dots freeze too: Hello, I have built a new pc and what ever I try I cannot get windows to download gets to the same point every time and freezes, I have used a disk drive with a genuine copy of windows 10 installer disk, I have also tried using a external HDD as a bootable drive. I have...
  9. Windows 10 freeze at spinning dots

Windows 10 freeze at spinning dots: Hi all, I am currently having a problem when trying to install clean windows 10 from USB boot or upgrade win 10 to 1809 from 1803. Both have same issues cant boot to windows and my laptop freezes at the loading spinning dots screen. and the update process was not...
  10. Freeze at spinning dots (loading)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze at spinning dots (loading): Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows install dots freeze