Windows 10: windows installer is hanging after latest updates to ver. 10

Discus and support windows installer is hanging after latest updates to ver. 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I did an up date to windows 10 and my old daw wouldn't load fully, windows installer hung up on half way thru. I deleted my daw program to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skrawczyn, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Skrawczyn Win User

windows installer is hanging after latest updates to ver. 10

I did an up date to windows 10 and my old daw wouldn't load fully, windows installer hung up on half way thru. I deleted my daw program to reinstall and windows would not run the install disk, it disappeared. So I downloaded the latest version of the daw, Sonar pro. and it still hung on me as well. Does anyone have a fix for this?

:)

Skrawczyn, Jan 24, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 24, 2020
  4. windows installer is hanging after latest updates to ver. 10

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

windows installer is hanging after latest updates to ver. 10

1. windows installer is hanging after latest updates to ver. 10 - Similar Threads - installer hanging latest

2. latest ver win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    latest ver win 10: if i download window 10 today , will all the updates be included in that version ? or i ll ve to download again by running updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-ver-win-10/54c515cf-4f27-4b95-b840-56c411df63e1
  3. latest ver win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    latest ver win 10: if i download window 10 today , will all the updates be included in that version ? or i ll ve to download again by running updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-ver-win-10/54c515cf-4f27-4b95-b840-56c411df63e1
  4. latest ver win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Websites are crashing and hanging after the latest Windows 10 security update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Websites are crashing and hanging after the latest Windows 10 security update.: Hello there guys, I am facing the same issue once again which I faced in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-winapps/browsers-are-crashing-after-4-5-hours-of-work-in/8d5792b2-7215-4cfd-ac8f-ababa42613b1?tm=1595575593674&auth=1 over a...
  6. Websites are crashing and hanging after the latest Windows 10 security update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Websites are crashing and hanging after the latest Windows 10 security update.: Hello there guys, I am facing the same issue once again which I faced in this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-winapps/browsers-are-crashing-after-4-5-hours-of-work-in/8d5792b2-7215-4cfd-ac8f-ababa42613b1?tm=1595575593674&auth=1 over a...
  7. Websites are crashing and hanging after the latest Windows 10 security update.

8. Problems after installing latest Windows 10 update

Problems after installing latest Windows 10 update: The latest Windows update has caused many problems with my computer including: 1. Many manual shutdowns and startups needed to even get the computer to stay on. First it would start with a completely blank screen. Using Ctl-Alt-Del many times I was able to get it to open...
  9. software not working after latest update to ver. 2004

software not working after latest update to ver. 2004: As with a lot of other users, I have been having problems with software that was running perfectly before. The first thing was that I can now not keep log ins for different websites such as Amazon. The second thing: my Samsung printer M82275DW will not scan unless I run...
  10. Latest Update to v1903 Hangs a 7% Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Update to v1903 Hangs a 7% Install: Using a Dell Inspiron15 3000-3552, Windows 10, 64-but, v1809 build 17763.557. I attempted to update from 1809 to 1903 via normal update and the download took forever, then it just it just stuck on 7% during install. I reset the update and thank Heavens it actually reset, so...