Windows 10: Windows Installer keeps trying to install something I already have

Discus and support Windows Installer keeps trying to install something I already have in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Installer keeps trying to install HP PhotoSmart Essentials. This is already on the computer. It startrs this everytime I start up & it takes a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chris Zan, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Chris Zan Win User

Windows Installer keeps trying to install something I already have

Windows Installer keeps trying to install HP PhotoSmart Essentials. This is already on the computer. It startrs this everytime I start up & it takes a day or two of cancelling it till it stops

I did recently install a new printer, but the install seemed to go fine & this started days later.

Thank You

:)

Chris Zan, Aug 31, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Windows Installer keeps trying to install something I already have

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows Installer keeps trying to install something I already have

1. Windows Installer keeps trying to install something I already have - Similar Threads - Installer keeps trying

2. im on windows 7 and when i try to install directx it says i have it already

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im on windows 7 and when i try to install directx it says i have it already: whenever i install directx the following happens it says there is a newer version already installed even though when i look at the install/uninstall programs list i do not see directx there so i do not understandhere is what i trieduninstalling it even though i do not see it...
  3. If I have windows 11 already installed but I don't have it activated. If I install windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I have windows 11 already installed but I don't have it activated. If I install windows...: Also will the windows 11 that doesn't have the licensee will it be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-windows-11-already-installed-but-i-dont/efdce70c-718d-4865-bd26-99aad611c79e
  4. If I have windows 11 already installed but I don't have it activated. If I install windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I have windows 11 already installed but I don't have it activated. If I install windows...: Also will the windows 11 that doesn't have the licensee will it be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-have-windows-11-already-installed-but-i-dont/efdce70c-718d-4865-bd26-99aad611c79e
  5. Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update trying to install update that's already installed: Windows Update is constantly trying to a install a windows update that's already installed. To be specific it's September 1st 2021-08 Cumulative Update Preview KB5005101 or September 14 2021-09 Cumulative Update KB5005565 I'm using Windows 10 21H1.This seems to be related to...
  6. I already have the app installed but it tried to install again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I already have the app installed but it tried to install again: I tried to install some apps and it said queue so I checked the downloads and updates thing for Microsoft store it show a games trying to install but can't because its already installed...
  7. Windows Update tries to install an already installed update

Windows Update tries to install an already installed update: Hello there. I noticed that windows update tries to install a display driver and it fails, because it already has installed it. This has been going on since the 2020 update release. I can't make it stop. Is there any way to make it "forget" or exclude this update? Somehow...
  8. KB4556799 keeps installing even it’s already installed

KB4556799 keeps installing even it’s already installed: KB4556799 keeps installing even it’s already installed. When computer is idle for moment computer restarts without asking anything even all programs are still running. I tried uninstall the update but then KB4549951 keeps doing the same. I tried all I could find but nothing...
  9. Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.

Windows Update tries to install an already-installed update.: Fix Windows Update or give the one from 8.1 or 7. The update in question is this: [ATTACH] Now I have already installed it manually by downloading it through Microsoft Catalogue since I know Windows Updates fail mostly. Here's the proof: [ATTACH]...
  10. PC trying to install update that is already installed...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC trying to install update that is already installed...: I'm having problems with (automatic) updates. The update status says "an update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. Retry". The update in question is 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4103727). The...