Windows 10: Windows Installer msiserver

Discus and support Windows Installer msiserver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Bonjour! I need some help with this Windows Installer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Spexy, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Spexy Win User

Windows Installer msiserver

Bonjour! I need some help with this Windows Installer can't install some apps because it says from the status it 'Stopped' i've been doing some research to make it 'Running' again but some of them won't work like the Command Prompt then the Regedit and the error is 1053

even my other Anti-Virus software scan it theres nothing failure or missing files

I really need this MSI running again.

hoping for someone to replay back.

Merci!

:)

Spexy, Mar 3, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Windows Installer (msiserver) greyed out

Hi Rakesh,

I have the exact same issue that RichardHess had, except that this solution is not working for me. After running, Windows Update Troubleshooter states "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".

My Antivirus has not been able to update for about a month now because "Update has detected a running installation" (msiserver), but msiserver will not let me end its task. All options for msiserver in Services are grey, unavailable to select.

Please help with further troubleshooting. Thanks!

AJ

AJMeyer221, Mar 3, 2020
  4. WhyMe Win User

MSIServer won't stop

Hy pfjaco and welcome to the forum Windows Installer msiserver :)

msiserver is your Windows Installer. Service description: Adds, modifies and removes applications provided as a Windows Installer or APPX package (*.msi, *.msp, *.appx). If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to actually disable the service. If you are having issues with programs installing and updating, you should really be trying to determine the exact cause.

Anyhow, you can change the settings for the service by either typing 'services.msc' in your run dialog box, or typing 'services' in your search box (select the services desktop app). The service is listed as Windows Installer.

WhyMe, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Installer msiserver - Similar Threads - Installer msiserver

2. Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently: System Information :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bv8G-RzTnwh3jRmThBDcRdlzIhPf9Z2p?usp=drive_linkSourceSiemens Installer AssistantSummaryAPPCRASHDate‎20/‎4/‎2024 12:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionStopped workingFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  3. Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently: System Information :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bv8G-RzTnwh3jRmThBDcRdlzIhPf9Z2p?usp=drive_linkSourceSiemens Installer AssistantSummaryAPPCRASHDate‎20/‎4/‎2024 12:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionStopped workingFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  4. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....
  5. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....
  6. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  7. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643...
  8. There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Temporary profile after update install.

Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  10. Stop button of msiserver Windows Installer on Windows 10 is gray out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stop button of msiserver Windows Installer on Windows 10 is gray out: I keep receiving the message "Another installation is in progress.You must complete that installation before continuing this one" when trying to install a program. The service status of the Windows installer msiserver is "running" and the option to stop it is gray out....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installa server not risponding

2. is msiserver used in windows 10