Windows 10: Windows Installer not recognizing SSD

Discus and support Windows Installer not recognizing SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just got this laptop with no OS, Asus VivoBook S 14" S433EQ with an intel ssdpeknw 512gb ssd Bios recognizes ssd, i can easily install linux and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlackLordGaming, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Windows Installer not recognizing SSD

Just got this laptop with no OS, Asus VivoBook S 14" S433EQ with an intel ssdpeknw 512gb ssd

Bios recognizes ssd, i can easily install linux and format said ssd on it, but the owner of this computer needs windows on it, only problem is that when i try to install windows on it, the installer cant find the ssd, not on the installer gui, not on cmd, nothing

anyone knows what might help me?

ive tried updating drivers with a usb drive but since it doesnt actually detect the ssd it doesnt let me install them

thanks in advance

submitted by /u/BlackLordGaming
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlackLordGaming, Feb 20, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Batou1986 Win User
    Windows not recognizing ssd

i had to use diskpart via recovery to format mine so the windows installer would recognize it

Batou1986, Feb 20, 2021
  4. DavidP Win User

Windows Installer not recognizing SSD

SSD not recognized by Windows 10 installer

Recently I've purchased a SSD (Crucial MX200) as replacement for the original HD of my laptop (Lenovo ideapad s510p).
    The problem is that my bios doesn't recognize the SSD, even though the manufacturer (Crucial) guarantee the total compatibility of the device with my system (I checked this on their website).

I'll try now to summarize the situation:
    • The SSD is detected by my current system (Windows 8.1 Home) or by a live distribution of Ubuntu, if connected through a USB 3.0 adapter.
    • The firmware is up to date, version MU03, checked with "Crucial Storage Executive".
    • The SSD is correctly recognized if installed into another laptop (I've succesfully installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on it just for trying).
    • The SSD is not detected by the BIOS, Ubuntu installer or Windows 10 installer.
    • The SSD is recognized by the BIOS if and only if at start up I press the hotkey for entering the BIOS and wait for 5-10 minutes (during this period the screen is black). If I reboot the system in order to run the Windows 10 (or ubuntu) installation, the SSD is not recognized anymore.
    • The SSD doesn't show both in GParted or by using the diskpart utility of the Windows 10 installer.

I've tried every combination of BIOS's settings, like AHCI or IDE, UEFI or Legacy, disabling secure boot and so on. I've tried to disable everything I could, I've even tried to remove the DVD drive.
    I've tried to format the SSD (while connected through the USB 3.0 adapter) both with Windows and Ubuntu, trying both MBR and GPT or leaving the space unallocated.

There is one thing that I've noticed. If I enter the BIOS (with the original HD inserted in the laptop), next to the name of the HD and the DVD drive there is an R, e.g.:
    HD 500 GB ... (R1)
    DVD .... (R2)

If instead I install the SSD and wait for the 5-10 minutes that I've mentioned before, the situation becomes like this:
    SSD 250 GB ... (S1)
    DVD .... (S2)

Basically, the R becomes S. I don't know the meaning of this, maybe it may be useful for you.

I've tried anything I could but I can't find the problem, any help/advice would be appreciated.

DavidP, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows Installer not recognizing SSD

1. Windows Installer not recognizing SSD - Similar Threads - Installer recognizing SSD

2. SSD not recognized by windows 10 / 11 installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not recognized by windows 10 / 11 installer: In a nutshell, I have a brand new Acer laptop, and I'm trying to install Windows 10 / 11 on it, but the installer can't see the SSD drive. When I get to the part with the partitioning setup, with "where do you want to install windows?", I get an empty partition table with...
  3. SSD not recognized by windows 10 / 11 installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD not recognized by windows 10 / 11 installer: In a nutshell, I have a brand new Acer laptop, and I'm trying to install Windows 10 / 11 on it, but the installer can't see the SSD drive. When I get to the part with the partitioning setup, with "where do you want to install windows?", I get an empty partition table with...
  4. SSD not recognized on windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD not recognized on windows 10 clean install: Hi all,I've read so many similar threads on this topic and have seemed to try them all without success. I am upgrading my dad's computer for Christmas but am running into this issue. I have opted to do a clean windows 10 install to the new NVME. The drive appears formatted to...
  5. SSD not recognized on windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not recognized on windows 10 clean install: Hi all,I've read so many similar threads on this topic and have seemed to try them all without success. I am upgrading my dad's computer for Christmas but am running into this issue. I have opted to do a clean windows 10 install to the new NVME. The drive appears formatted to...
  6. SSD not recognized on windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 fresh install not recognizing SSD

Windows 10 fresh install not recognizing SSD: Hey all, I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used...
  8. Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD

Windows 10 Install not recognizing new SSD: Hey all, I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used...
  9. Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Installation doesn't recognize new SSD: I got a new Samsung SM951 M.2 PCI drive. I have a X99 motherboard but it didn't have the M.2 slot so I purchased an adapter to attach the drive and installed it into an open PCI slot. When I first installed it and boot up under the current Windows 10, I could see the...
  10. SSD not recognized by Windows 10 installer

SSD not recognized by Windows 10 installer: Recently I've purchased a SSD (Crucial MX200) as replacement for the original HD of my laptop (Lenovo ideapad s510p). The problem is that my bios doesn't recognize the SSD, even though the manufacturer (Crucial) guarantee the total compatibility of the device with my system...