Windows 10: Windows installer not starting

Discus and support Windows installer not starting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot install windows 10 updates or any program using the windows installer. I get 0x80070641 on windows update. Winver Home1803 64 bit. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GS7999, Jul 11, 2019.

1. GS7999 Win User

Windows installer not starting

I cannot install windows 10 updates or any program using the windows installer. I get 0x80070641 on windows update. Winver Home1803 64 bit.

I have tried a number of solutions available on the web with no luck. One youtube video indicated the file msiexec.exe may be corrupt.

Here is what I have tried:

%windir%\system32\MSIEXEC.exe /unregister

%windir%\system32\MSIEXEC.exe /REGSERVER

%windir%\syswow64\MSIEXEC /unregister

%windir%\syswow64\MSIEXEC /REGSERVER

changed the ServicesPipeTimeout to x'180000'

ran virus scans with avg,malwarebytes & mcafee nothing detected

6/23 ran DISM tool to check for error to msiexec.exe completed sucessfully

6/23 SFC no issues

6/26 ran the troubleshooter for windows update

One odd thing happened before this problem was noticed. I upgraded from win 7 to 10 during the free upgrade period. Windows was activated and remained so for months. One day, I noticed the activate windows watermark. I was able to activate the digital license using the activation troubleshooter. However, after the next reboot, the watermark again appeared. A number of solutions were offered and tried without success.

I finally gave up. I could activate windows until the next restart. About the same time as the windows installer issue occurred, I noticed the watermark was gone. It remains gone after weeks of restarts and I don't know why!

:)

GS7999, Jul 11, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Windows installer not starting

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows installer not starting

1. Windows installer not starting - Similar Threads - installer starting

2. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  3. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  4. when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...: when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts perfectly after i shut down my pc using power button if i dont use it it stucks at 100%...
  5. when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...: when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts perfectly after i shut down my pc using power button if i dont use it it stucks at 100%...
  6. when ever i restart pc to install update it does not finsh and shows blue screen it starts...

7. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  8. Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self

Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self: Just installed GTA 5 on PC once loading it will start to freeze and the PC will restart it self https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-installed-gta-5-on-pc-once-loading-it-will/5008bbf1-35d4-4282-8ae3-051eb6f83cf6
  9. After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.: Hitman 3 Wasnt launching and it seemed like the solution was to download thia driver. Well after restarting my pc just goes to a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-new-intel-graphics-drivers/ce30e79d-2e77-41ac-83e4-691deda2632c
  10. After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.

After Installing new Intel graphics drivers windows starts with a black screen locked.: Hitman 3 Wasnt launching and it seemed like the solution was to download thia driver. Well after restarting my pc just goes to a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-new-intel-graphics-drivers/ce30e79d-2e77-41ac-83e4-691deda2632c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows installer is not starting