Windows 10: Windows Installer Package Error

Discus and support Windows Installer Package Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install a msi package and I keep getting The windows installer service could not be accessed, This can occur if you are running windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KosokoHalimah, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Windows Installer Package Error

I am trying to install a msi package and I keep getting The windows installer service could not be accessed, This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

I have uninstalled and installed windows installer again. The windows installer shows it is running in SERVICES but the start up type is set to manual.

I would really appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks

:)

KosokoHalimah, Apr 14, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 14, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Installer Package Error

95Viper, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows Installer Package Error

1. Windows Installer Package Error - Similar Threads - Installer Package Error

2. Package Installation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Package Installation Error: Package Installation ErrorCould not add all required packages to the project. The following packages failed to install from 'C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\Entity Framework Tools NuGet Packages':EntityFramework.6.2.0: Unable to find version '6.2.0' of...
  3. Package Installation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Package Installation Error: Package Installation ErrorCould not add all required packages to the project. The following packages failed to install from 'C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft Visual Studio\Shared\Entity Framework Tools NuGet Packages':EntityFramework.6.2.0: Unable to find version '6.2.0' of...
  4. Package Installation Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Java installer package error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java installer package error: So, I have been trying to install Java 17 but every time I try to, I get "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package".I...
  6. Java installer package error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Java installer package error: So, I have been trying to install Java 17 but every time I try to, I get "This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package".I...
  7. windows package installer script error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows package installer script error: i had installed intel xtreme utility previously but due to some reason i had to reinstall it so when i was trying to reinstall it an error message pops saying "a script required to install could not be run". can anyone please help me with this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Error during package install. Package installs on other Win 10 computers.

Error during package install. Package installs on other Win 10 computers.: I get "An error occurred while trying to determine user desktop 2" during an install. I have installed the same package on other Windows 10 systems with no error. How do I fix this error?...
  9. Help with Error 1720 Windows installer package

Help with Error 1720 Windows installer package: I keep getting the same error. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/help-with-error-1720-windows-installer-package/1912986f-086a-4d3e-bb14-72d42189382a
  10. Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and...: Hi, While installing Java & MySQL and some other apps in windows 10, I am frequently getting this error: Error: this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that it is a...