Windows 10: Windows Installer Security Warning

Discus and support Windows Installer Security Warning in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to install a very useful freeware program, Cinnamon Software's Talking Alarm Clock, onto my new HP W10 PC. This program has been on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vev46, Mar 24, 2020.

1. vev46 Win User

Windows Installer Security Warning

I have been trying to install a very useful freeware program, Cinnamon Software's Talking Alarm Clock, onto my new HP W10 PC. This program has been on my W7 PC, a ZT desktop, for around 10 years. I re-downloaded this program from Cnet, since Cinnamon's server seems to be offline now for at least several weeks. In the installation process, about 30 sec in, I get a Windows installer - Security Warning, with the explanation that "This file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher."

Windows Installer Security Warning [​IMG]

I searched about how I can force W10 to ignore the lack of a valid dig. signature, but the process involved is not something I am comfortable with, since there's mention of some registry manipulation, and I know enough NOT to fool with that. Just to see what happens, I also tried to re-install it on my W7 PC just to see what happens, (I wasn't going to go through with it), and the security warning was also given. I'm thinking that perhaps the fact that the publisher's server/website is down could be the reason. In any case, I really would like to have the use of this pgm, and I'd like to know if a working program such as this could somehow be migrated from one PC to another, which would then not require the installation process.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

:)

vev46, Mar 24, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

security warning on edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which is the default home page in Microsoft Edge?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to Clear caches and cookies and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

If the issue persist I suggest you to send us the screen shot of the Security Warning message.

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Installer Security Warning - Similar Threads - Installer Security Warning

2. Windows defender security warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender security warning: Clicked on a link and this message popped up. Mouse not working, can't x out There is a phone number, but not sure it's legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-warning/89278f31-9b3a-46df-b305-03b229f1ceb4
  3. Windows defender security warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender security warning: Clicked on a link and this message popped up. Mouse not working, can't x out There is a phone number, but not sure it's legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-warning/89278f31-9b3a-46df-b305-03b229f1ceb4
  4. windows-defender - security warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows-defender - security warning: i was going though my laptop when all of a sudden, my whole screen was covered with a page that says “Windows-Defender - Security Warning”… i dont see any “ex-out” button and it says to contact Windows Support immediately with the number 272-207-1710is this fake, or do i...
  5. windows-defender - security warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows-defender - security warning: i was going though my laptop when all of a sudden, my whole screen was covered with a page that says “Windows-Defender - Security Warning”… i dont see any “ex-out” button and it says to contact Windows Support immediately with the number 272-207-1710is this fake, or do i...
  6. Security Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Warning: This is our website page: https://www.lordkrishnabuilders.com/project/villas-in-thrissur/Our website page is secure, but When I open with mozilla is it showing security warning. What is the reason?...
  7. 10016 Warnings for PerAppRuntimeBroker but Windows Security warnings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10016 Warnings for PerAppRuntimeBroker but Windows Security warnings: Win 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1903. I have run sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth MANY MANY times, including an hour ago. I KEEP getting a GAZILLION sets of four or more Event Viewer 10016 Warnings together about The application-specific permission...
  8. Security warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    Security warnings: Since the 1809 update, every time I want to open a photo, which have been on my PC for ages, I get the Open file - security warning, and I have to keep clicking the OK box before I can see photo. How do I stop this box coming up? Thank you 123830
  9. Security warning when installing Office Diagnostics

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security warning when installing Office Diagnostics: Win 10 Pro v10.0.17134 Build 17134 Attempted to install the MS Sara Diagnostics Utility, but get the enclosed Security blocked warning Tried also via Admin a/c Not blocked by my security utility Windows Defender Security Centre shows green ticks for everything No win10...
  10. Security warning

in Browsers and Email
    Security warning: Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot). This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled and how? Regards. [img] 74513