Windows 10: "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.".......

Discus and support "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed."....... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I ran into that problem again. And I'm getting kinda sick of it. Last time I had it I figured that was because I toyed with JoyCon drivers and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DevilBlackDeath, Feb 11, 2021.

1. "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.".......

So I ran into that problem again. And I'm getting kinda sick of it. Last time I had it I figured that was because I toyed with JoyCon drivers and the likes but this time I did nothing of the sort. Last time the only fix I found was to reinstall Windows but that just won't cut it. I take enough care in defragmenting and clearing up space that I don't need to reinstall a fresh Windows every 6 months or even less (cause that will pop up randomly afaik). I've tried EVERY solution from the internet, for old versions of Windows or actually meant for Win10.

So yeah I don't want to reinstall it. I've tried everything in terms of DISM, SFC, unregistering, registering again, registering all dlls, removing the msisip.dll (which required changing the owner of the file in Win10...) and then restoring it thanks to SFC, using the Install/Uninstall troubleshooter (which found some broken registry stuff but that didn't help, and I guess said broken stuff came from one of the official solution that made you create a .reg file). The weirdest part is that it works perfectly through the command line version in silent mode. So I know the message is bogus, the the service was actually inaccessible the silent version would fail too since it needs the service afaik. What can I do to troubleshoot that issue, is there any log I could look at to determine what is blocking it, to find the root or whatever ? If Microsoft at least made it an option to "Repair Install" but now the equivalent doesn't keep user-acquired applications, so I don't really want to spend a full day reinstalling all my casual and professional software (which is a LOT, as an aspiring solo gamedev there's audio stuff, music, graphics 2D and 3D of different types, Unity and so on) every time the problem decides to pop up.

For reference I run the following config :

Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64-bit - OS Build 19041.746 (though first time it happened on my previous install was a year ago I believe)

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600
    RAM : 16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (16-16-16-39)
    Motherboard : ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (AM4) 35 °C
    Graphics : Acer VG240Y (1920x1080@75Hz) ; Acer VG240Y (1920x1080@75Hz)8176MB
    GPU : ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 (Unknown)
    Storage : 2794GB Seagate ST3000DM007-1WY10G (SATA )232GB Crucial CT250MX500SSD1 (SATA (SSD))

submitted by /u/DevilBlackDeath
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DevilBlackDeath, Feb 11, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Windows Installer service cannot be accessed

Hello,

The error message that you received might have occurred if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed or it is not running. For us to effectively assist you, could you tell us if there were any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, we suggest that you try to manually start the Windows Installer Service. To do so, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • On the Services window, scroll down to find Windows Installer.
    • Double-click on the Windows Installer.
    • Check the Service Status in order to see if the Windows Installer service is running.
    • If the service isn’t running, click the Start button to start it.
    • Try to install a program again.

Keep us posted so that we can further assist you.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 11, 2021
  4. "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.".......

Windows Installer Service issue - Vista 64bit

Looking like I have an issue with my Windows Installer Service (Vista 64bit Home Premium). Certain programs are unable to install properly, one of these being the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor.

Anyone know the steps on how to repair it, if it is at all possible?
    I am looking at this thread:

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-insta...ows-installer-service-vista-all-versions.html

but would like to get some more opinions before I try that. I would also need the following from the registry of a Vista 64bit :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msiserver

I will save a copy of my current registry with Crap Cleaner before doing any of this. Incase it causes more issues, all I have to do is double click on my backed up registry and it should import itself, correct?

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Flogger23m, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

"Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.".......

1. "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed."....... - Similar Threads - Installer Service accessed

2. Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed: I installed a new antivirus program and I'm trying to uninstall the old one and I got this message, which I've never seen before:"The Windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support...
  3. Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed: I installed a new antivirus program and I'm trying to uninstall the old one and I got this message, which I've never seen before:"The Windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support...
  4. Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Installer Service cannot be accessed: Hello MS CommunityI am running the latest version of Windows 11 and for some odd reason whenever I try and install any .msi installer it always comes up with this error message Despite doing all of the suggested resolutions like manually starting Windows Installer in Services...
  5. Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed etc: Using Windows 10 Pro - up to date. Now unable to update a variety of programs - running [ ? ] V 5.0.19041.1 of Windows Installer Any help, with this frustrating issue, would be very much appreciated. Thanks John...
  6. Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to verify...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to verify...: Hi, This has been driving me quite insane. I'm installing a product, and it has been unsuccessful the whole time. I've seen variations of this error online, but the one that I got was: "Windows Installer service could not be accessed. Contact your support personnel to...
  7. Could not start "Windows Installer" Service in Win10

Could not start "Windows Installer" Service in Win10: Hi, I'm not able to start the "Windows Installer" service in windows 10. It gives the much popular error in the below screen shot. I have tried various steps mentioned on blogs like re-registering the service but nothing is working. Because of this I'm not able to install...
  8. Windows Installer service could not be accessed - Windows 10

Windows Installer service could not be accessed - Windows 10: Windows Installer service could not be accessed - Windows 10 Hi there I tried yesterday to update Adobe DC Reader and I received this error. I have searched the previous answers and I checked system health, stop /start the program, deregister /register. I removed the DC...
  9. Windows Installer service could not be accessed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Installer service could not be accessed - Windows 10: Hi there I tried yesterday to update Adobe DC Reader and I received this error. I have searched the previous answers and I checked system health, stop /start the program, deregister /register. I removed the DC Reader files trying a new install but failed with the same...
  10. Windows Installer Service not accessed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Installer Service not accessed: I've had persistent failures when trying to update iTunes, so I thought I would uninstall it and then re-install. The uninstall process seems to start, but then the pop-up window vanishes and nothing has been uninstalled. I re-started my PC in Safe Mode and tried again to...