Windows 10: Windows Installer USB Stuck on “getting ready” for hours.

Discus and support Windows Installer USB Stuck on “getting ready” for hours. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just built a new pc partlist: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Deathhawkdown/saved/ since it does not have a disc dive I created a windows install USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeathHawkdown, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Windows Installer USB Stuck on “getting ready” for hours.

Just built a new pc partlist: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Deathhawkdown/saved/ since it does not have a disc dive I created a windows install USB following this tutorial I found on YT https://youtu.be/1HuqWGUp0ME followed it to the letter and after twelve hours of installing I then attempted to boot from the usb, for a whole day, got fed up, baught a new usb, repeated the proscess it only took one hour this time selected “UEFI: PNY USB 3.0 : Partition 2” and finaly got results instead of a blank screen saying “nothing found pug in the correct thing and press any button.” Now it had the motherboard logo and a spinning circle, then two hours later it said preparing devices or something like that for another hour or so with a progress percent. And finally it completed and says “Getting ready” for twelve hours or so now, the loading circle freezing every so often with false hope that its about to do something different.

Windows Installer USB Stuck on “getting ready” for hours. [​IMG]

:)

DeathHawkdown, Sep 12, 2020

2. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Computer stuck at getting windows ready

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, may we ask if you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps? This is to avoid repeating of the possible steps done.

If Windows 10 install gets stuck on the message "Getting Windows ready", it is possible that the internet connection might be running slow. Kindly ensure that your internet connection can suffice the download during the update. The other thing would be a conflict
    from external devices. We suggest temporarily disconnect all peripherals aside from mouse and keyboard.

If you require any further information, let us know.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Pohalan Win User

Windows Installer USB Stuck on “getting ready” for hours.

Windows 10 custom installation from USB stuck at "getting ready"

Hello,

My Lenovo Ideapad Y510P laptop is failing to boot and encountering BSOD shortly after starting laptop (bad_system_config error), so I downloaded the Windows 10 installation media directly from Microsoft onto a USB, then entered boot options and chose to boot from USB to go into Windows 10 setup. I chose custom setup because:

• My laptop already had Windows 10 Home installed before getting the BSOD's
    • I'd like to keep my personal files on the non-system drives

Everything went fine until the compute restarted, now it's stuck with the Lenovo logo and "getting ready" for the last hour which I doubt is normal.

Does anyone know what's causing this and what's the proper way of custom installation via USB? I google'd extensively but can only find info on clean installations where you wipe your entire HD, which is NOT what I want as I need to preserve my personal files, but I don't mind wiping C: drive. Also there was some info about "legacy BIOS" and "UEFI" but I have no idea what those are or which one my computer has.

Pohalan, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows Installer USB Stuck on “getting ready” for hours.

1. Windows Installer USB Stuck on “getting ready” for hours. - Similar Threads - Installer USB Stuck

2. Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK: I just built a new computer and am trying to install Windows 10 on my M.2 SSD through the Installation Tool USB provided by Microsoft. However its been stuck on"Getting files ready for Installation 86%"For a few hours now. I have attempted to restart my computer during this...
  3. Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK: I just built a new computer and am trying to install Windows 10 on my M.2 SSD through the Installation Tool USB provided by Microsoft. However its been stuck on"Getting files ready for Installation 86%"For a few hours now. I have attempted to restart my computer during this...
  4. Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Getting Windows Ready, stuck on that for about an hour currently, need help

Getting Windows Ready, stuck on that for about an hour currently, need help: It has been an hour after I restarted to finish an update, I hear literally nothing happening, no CPU heat, no fan sounds, my entire laptop is cold as ice and seems to be frozen on:Getting Windows readyDon't turn off your computerI did the restart to fix my Windows Update...
  6. Stuck at Getting files ready for installation

Stuck at Getting files ready for installation: So,I Bought a New SSD Which is There's No OS Installed But When Did I Put The CD In,Wait For an hour,The "Getting files ready for installation" is still stuck at 64%,I Wait for an another hour,and still stuck at 64%,Please Someone Help Me...
  7. Stuck at getting ready

Stuck at getting ready: I have installed windows using a usb and adter the installation and stuff its just stuck at getting ready for a long time i dont think this is normal . I want to keep my files and am using an laptop with a non removable battery...
  8. Windows installation stuck on “Getting ready”? It’s been like this for the past hour, is it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows installation stuck on “Getting ready”? It’s been like this for the past hour, is it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Speed990 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdcq0f/windows_installation_stuck_on_getting_ready_its/
  9. Stuck at "Getting files ready for installation"

Stuck at "Getting files ready for installation": My computer was bogging down, so i decided to do a freah install of windows 10. I made a proper bootable usb thats made for uefi with the media creation tool. It keeps getting stuck at about 89% even with a custom install and deleting all possible partitions. Ive tried to...
  10. Windows 10 custom installation from USB stuck at "getting ready"

Windows 10 custom installation from USB stuck at "getting ready": Hello, My Lenovo Ideapad Y510P laptop is failing to boot and encountering BSOD shortly after starting laptop (bad_system_config error), so I downloaded the Windows 10 installation media directly from Microsoft onto a USB, then entered boot options and chose to boot from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows install stuck on getting ready