Windows 10: Windows installing without permission?

Discus and support Windows installing without permission? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I bought Forza Horizon 4 when it came out. Then I decided not to play it anymore and deinstalled it. I had to delete the 80GB folder of the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LucasPlischke, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Windows installing without permission?

Hello,

I bought Forza Horizon 4 when it came out. Then I decided not to play it anymore and deinstalled it. I had to delete the 80GB folder of the base game manually, because the store won't do that for you, if you click on deinstall. This was a few months ago. So far so good.

Today I switch my PC on and notice that my harddisc C: is almost full. Which is weird, because there was over 100 GB free space. So I check and I stumble accros a folder containing 80 GB of Sunrise Base Game FH4. That folder was created on the 15th of January.

How is this even possible? I want to get rid of that game, and I want to make sure MS never does this again. Please let me know what to do. Thank you for your help in advance.

:)

LucasPlischke, Jan 24, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 24, 2020
  3. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Windows installing without permission?

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows installing without permission?

1. Windows installing without permission? - Similar Threads - installing without permission

2. Windows 11 Installed without Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Installed without Permission: I was watching a movie and Windows decided to disregard everything I was doing with MY PROPERTY and install an operating system WHICH I DIDNT ASK FOR OR GIVE PERMISSION TO.These anti consumer practices are disgusting, and if this is the way you are going to treat clients rest...
  3. Windows 11 Installed without Permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Installed without Permission: I was watching a movie and Windows decided to disregard everything I was doing with MY PROPERTY and install an operating system WHICH I DIDNT ASK FOR OR GIVE PERMISSION TO.These anti consumer practices are disgusting, and if this is the way you are going to treat clients rest...
  4. Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission: Hello I have been having issues with windows update for the past YEAR now. Windows would always install drivers without permission even though all windows updates are paused. I turned on my laptop on in safe mode, uninstalled all graphics drivers with DDU uninstaller and did...
  5. Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update installing corrupted drivers without permission: Hello I have been having issues with windows update for the past YEAR now. Windows would always install drivers without permission even though all windows updates are paused. I turned on my laptop on in safe mode, uninstalled all graphics drivers with DDU uninstaller and did...
  6. Microsoft store installing game without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store installing game without permission: So i recently tried to install Halo from Microsoft store.But then i changed my mind and cancelled the installation.But it just doesn't seem to stop.no matter ehat i do,it still shows up.it is not downloading...it's just there and hogging my local disk c space...i have tried...
  7. Microsoft store installing game without permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store installing game without permission: So i recently tried to install Halo from Microsoft store.But then i changed my mind and cancelled the installation.But it just doesn't seem to stop.no matter ehat i do,it still shows up.it is not downloading...it's just there and hogging my local disk c space...i have tried...
  8. Skype installing on windows 10 without permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skype installing on windows 10 without permission: I rarely shut down my computer but today when i did and turned it back on i saw a skype icon. No one touches this computer but me, so is this just windows stealth installing stuff? submitted by /u/the_manin_black [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows keeps installing drivers without permission.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps installing drivers without permission.: I have a TP Link T4U that I use to connect to wifi. Recently, its 5ghz band stopped working properly and I found out that whenever I try to connect to a 5ghz connection, Windows 10 installs a generic driver that breaks the adapter and forces me to uninstall and reinstall. How...
  10. Windows 10 installed without permission!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 installed without permission!: I reserved, a log time ago, Windows 10 for my Desktop but never activated it nor set a date for activation after an aborted upgrade to 10 on a laptop shortly after the 29th July. Yesterday evening, I booted up my Dell Desktop (running 8.1), entered my password and Windows...