Windows 10: Windows installs driver, then reports it's not working

Discus and support Windows installs driver, then reports it's not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Until a few days ago, I had a Logitech Camera that was working fine. I'm moving to a new computer and had to install a lot of programs. Somewhere in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cmanhoff, Sep 9, 2020.

1. cmanhoff Win User

Windows installs driver, then reports it's not working

Until a few days ago, I had a Logitech Camera that was working fine. I'm moving to a new computer and had to install a lot of programs. Somewhere in the process, the driver got corrupted. No problem right? I followed the usual process:

- Delete the driver

- Scan for new hardware

- Windows finds the camera, finds the correct driver and installs it

- Confirm that the latest driver is installed.

- Life goes on

Except in this case, it doesn't work. Here's what I get instead.

Windows installs driver, then reports it's not working 65fca7fc-e8d9-41d9-a01a-22da76f69178?upload=true.png

And here are the details per Windows:

Windows installs driver, then reports it's not working d9807197-d446-48f5-ba75-d3f02bcba6fb?upload=true.png

I have tried this multiple times and ensured I have the latest drivers for Windows 10 from Logitech. I've also reinstalled the Camera App and reinstalled the Logitech Webcam App. The problem is not the drivers or the software, it's the OS not installing or reading it properly.

Any ideas on how to fix?

:)

cmanhoff, Sep 9, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Windows installs driver, then reports it's not working

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows installs driver, then reports it's not working

1. Windows installs driver, then reports it's not working - Similar Threads - installs driver reports

2. Bluetooth driver not working, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth driver not working, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: My Mediatek Bluetooth driver is disabled and has a caution sign on it in the device manager. Opening its properties shows the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43". The effect is that my Bluetooth does not work and the Bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth driver not working, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth driver not working, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...: My Mediatek Bluetooth driver is disabled and has a caution sign on it in the device manager. Opening its properties shows the error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43". The effect is that my Bluetooth does not work and the Bluetooth...
  4. windows 11 installation wifi driver not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 installation wifi driver not working: Dell desktop with BENQ monitor. Just asked by MS to upgrade from 10 to 11 - seems fine but no wifi. Network adaptor won't start - code 10. Cannot update driver no internet. connection. Have tried uninstalling and disabling etc. Tried restarting. Cannot update Windows 11 as...
  5. Internet working but Windows reports not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet working but Windows reports not working: Hi guys, The internet is able to connect, via ethernet or via wifi, but Windows reports that the internet connection is not available. The annoyance is that Windows apps think they can't connect, so really that only affects them. All other non-Windows app programs work fine...
  6. Child reporting not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child reporting not working: Hi, I recently installed two identical computers with Windows 10. On each computer I used my account during install and then added one child to each computer using the "Family & Others" settings page. On one computer the child got the computer added to the child's page on...
  7. Driver not installed or working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver not installed or working: My Windows 10 keeps telling me that the AMD Radeon HD 7400 graphics driver is either not installed or not working and I should update the driver. I had no problem an hour ago and don't know what I'm supposed to do. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  8. Installing Driver Doesn't Work

Installing Driver Doesn't Work: I have an Epson Perfection V300 Photo Scanner. It used to be installed on a computer running Windows 7. I just hooked up the scanner. When I tried to download the driver using Windows automatic search for the drivers function, it told me that no drivers are available. I...
  9. Print driver report

Print driver report: We are a printer manufacturing company working with a large airline customer on a RFID printer solution. We have been asked to provide our "626 Report". Never heard of this, told it may have to do with a Microsoft print driver report. We have certified our drivers with...
  10. Getting a report of installed device drivers and levels

Getting a report of installed device drivers and levels: It used to be possible to do this in Device Manager IIRC, but with Windows 10 installed I can't see how to get a device driver report. Has this been taken away? If so what will produce such a report? Thanks Dave 35471