Windows 10: Windows installs wrong driver for a generic Bluetooth Gamepad

Discus and support Windows installs wrong driver for a generic Bluetooth Gamepad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have decided to pair my generic 12 buttons android gampad with windows for a player 2 usage on some games , and like always windows show some love by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows installs wrong driver for a generic Bluetooth Gamepad

I have decided to pair my generic 12 buttons android gampad with windows for a player 2 usage on some games , and like always windows show some love by installing a 15 buttons gamepad generic driver for it , now this would have been nice if only the last 3 buttons were useless but however it decided to pick 2 of the main buttons to make useless (Y,B they got assigned to be buttons 7 and 9 or so) and make the right rocker axis shifted 90 degrees .

So why i use the term generic is simply because despite the cool packaging and looks the gamepad is one of those chinese white box pads (they print ATick on this baby for a brand) with no official support online . so my best shot is yet to install the generic windows 12 buttons driver for it so , any idea how to do that ?

P.S the gamepad works perfectly on android phones with 3 modes : gamepad , mouse , I (Whatever that I does)

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Sep 15, 2018

2. Generic PC Gamepad on windows 10 wrong mapping

Hi,

Button mapping on Windows 10 can be done depending on the app that you use to configure it and on the features of the controller or gamepad. In your case, it is possible that the device is not calibrated properly or you have to install the most updated drivers
    for your gamepad.

We strongly recommend that you contact the gamepad's manufacturer to provide you an in-depth support and troubleshooting steps so you can use your gamepad properly again.

If you have any other queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Viland Win User
    Generic PC Gamepad on windows 10 wrong mapping

Dear all

I am having trouble with a generic PC gamepad on windows 10. When I connect the gamepad, the windows recognizes as "PS(R) Gamepad" but with a wrong mapping, i.e. button 3 is recognized as button 5, button 5 is 7, 6 is 8, and so on.

I can't play many games eventhough I make in-game adjustment since some buttons are missing.

I bought a new game gamepad of different manufacturer but I have the exactly wrong mapping problem.

is there an option to do a remap?

I went to the menu Devices and Printers -> right click on gamepad -> properties -> configuration but I don't have the remap option, only to calibrate both joysticks.

Before it was working perfectly but I had to reinstall windows 10 and now I have this problem. Maybe it is because a new driver.

Best regards

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.*** 

Viland, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Pinkgm Win User

Windows installs wrong driver for a generic Bluetooth Gamepad

Logitech gamepad f710 driver unavailable

Since the installation of the October 17 2017 upgrade I have an issue with my Logitech f710 driver. When I go to settings devices I see Logitech f710 gamepad listed however it says driver is unavailable. If I go to device manager under other devices I
    see Wireless gamepad f710 with a yellow triangle. I right click on Wireless gamepad f710 and ran scan for hardware issues, however nothing happens. I tried right clicking on Wireless gamepad f710 and ran update driver I received the message Windows could
    not find drivers for your device. I tried going to settings Windows update and receive the message your device is up to date. I tried uninstalling Logitech software then reinstalling the drivers and software directly from Logitech website. I tried rebooting
    my Asus ROG G750 laptop. Please help me with my next step as to how to get my gamepad working. please note before this upgrade I had absolutely no issues.

thanks in advance,

Glenn

Pinkgm, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows installs wrong driver for a generic Bluetooth Gamepad

1. Windows installs wrong driver for a generic Bluetooth Gamepad - Similar Threads - installs wrong driver

2. Bluetooth Gamepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Gamepad: What is a bluetooth dongle ? I have a motherboard with built in bluetooth support. How to enable my bluetooth gamepad to work with my notherboard. Can it work by enable bluetooth on my motherboard and install bluetooth driver for my gamepad ? 172442
  3. Generic bluetooth driver wont uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic bluetooth driver wont uninstall: i want to install my csr 4.0 drivers to the pc, but everytime i connect my csr 4.0 bluetooth adapter the generic bluetooth driver get auto installed even when the csr drivers are installed, is there a way for me to delete generic bluetooth adapter drivers completely from a...
  4. generic bluetooth driver for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    generic bluetooth driver for Windows 10: can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-bluetooth-driver-for-windows-10/7564a125-28c7-4bd4-8d7e-3db217679266
  5. Generic Bluetooth Radio no drivers issue

Generic Bluetooth Radio no drivers issue: I bought a cheap Bluetooth 2.0 adapter to use on an old Windows 7 computer with a Windows Mobile 5 PDA in order to write apps for it, but I can't manage to get the adapter to work. I tried on Windows 7 and no drivers were found, on Windows 10 and the driver was installed, but...
  6. Missing generic bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing generic bluetooth driver: Trying to use my USB Bluetooth adapter I’ve had for a while on my recently built pc. It’s a generic Bluetooth adapter from eBay, plug it in and it says ‘Unknown usb device (device descriptior request failed)’ in device manager I try to disable and update the driver and i...
  7. No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound, Generic Bluetooth Stereo Generic Audio Driver Issue: The Device: Advertised as Universal. Capello Ci302 www.hellocapello.com -home stereo with fm, bluetooth, cd player, and aux, and remote control. pairs perfectly with Iphone and Samsung Android phone. requires Bluetooth 2.1 EDR Windows 10 home 1909 on Samsung...
  8. Windows 10 keeps installing generic Bluetooth module driver

Windows 10 keeps installing generic Bluetooth module driver: HI recently noticed that my PC no longer acepts bluetooth connections. I downloaded the latest driver from the manufacturer but Windows refuses to run anything but "Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)". I believe the bluetooth module on the motherboard is a broadcom....
  9. generic bluetooth driver

generic bluetooth driver: i need to install the genric bluetooth driver to my computer because update wont use my current csr driver just trying to find a safe download to put driver on my computer with windows 10...
  10. Install and configure generic gamepad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install and configure generic gamepad?: How to install a generic Game pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-and-configure-generic-gamepad/70bbfb48-e266-49cf-87db-694f51adcd0b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wrong driver generic gamepad