Windows 10: Windows Installshield processing files on the slowest storage drive that shouldn't actually...

Discus and support Windows Installshield processing files on the slowest storage drive that shouldn't actually... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When installing a file downloaded and placed on the main SSD and also installed on this main SSD windows is booting from, Windows 10 still is accessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidAngeloBenjamin, Aug 15, 2021.

1. Windows Installshield processing files on the slowest storage drive that shouldn't actually...

When installing a file downloaded and placed on the main SSD and also installed on this main SSD windows is booting from, Windows 10 still is accessing the old HDD storage drive, utilizing it to 100%. I have turned pagefile off for this drive and windows is using only ~4GB of RAM.How do I stop it from using this old drive? I've 3 SSD and only one HDD and its using exactly the slowest of the drives to extract even when no setup file is placed or installed on this drive.It slows down my computer extraordinarily when trying to install files.How to avoid windows doing this with active slow storage

:)

DavidAngeloBenjamin, Aug 15, 2021

2. InstallShield Error 1628

Hi,

The Error - 1628: failed to complete installation error that you've encountered may occur if the
    InstallShield application is corrupted or damaged. As an initial step to resolve your concern, we suggest that you rename the
    InstallShield folder by following these steps:

• Locate the InstallShield folder under the C:\Programs File\Common Files\
    • Right-click the InstallShield folder, and then click
      Rename
    • Type InstallShield1, and then press ENTER.
    • Try to install the program.

Note: Ensure that your account has administrative rights.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Aug 15, 2021
  3. InstallShield: 1607 - Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to re-install the InstallScript engine by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Download the IsScript7.zip file. To do this, visit the following InstallShield Web site:
    http://support.installshield.com/kb/files/Q108158/IsScript7.zip

2. Extract the IsScript7.zip file.

3. Double-click the isscript.msi file.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 15, 2021
  4. 333t Win User

Windows Installshield processing files on the slowest storage drive that shouldn't actually...

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

Thema:

Windows Installshield processing files on the slowest storage drive that shouldn't actually...

1. Windows Installshield processing files on the slowest storage drive that shouldn't actually... - Similar Threads - Installshield processing files

2. Are these some windoes bugs I shouldn't worry about or is this actual malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these some windoes bugs I shouldn't worry about or is this actual malware?: All happened when I opened my PC first time in the day, wich happened to be the day my MalwareBytes free trial ended. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-these-some-windoes-bugs-i-shouldnt-worry-about/19e12e95-6ddd-45d9-b69c-87c138906554
  3. Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space: I extended my C Drive from 235 GB to ~476 GB using Disk Management; however, most things are still showing 235 GB and I am still limited by that smaller size storage space. The SSD inside should be a 512. I am using a new Lenovo ThinkBookI have run Disk Optimization, a BIOS...
  4. Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space

Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space: I extended my C Drive from 235 GB to ~476 GB using Disk Management; however, most things are still showing 235 GB and I am still limited by that smaller size storage space. The SSD inside should be a 512. I am using a new Lenovo ThinkBookI have run Disk Optimization, a BIOS...
  5. File Storage on One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Storage on One Drive: I have always stored my files on my PC hard drive with One Drive as the back up. My drive is now filling up and I would like to save some of my files but not all just on One Drive and download them when I need to. How do I do this? I'm on Win 11...
  6. File Storage on One Drive

File Storage on One Drive: I have always stored my files on my PC hard drive with One Drive as the back up. My drive is now filling up and I would like to save some of my files but not all just on One Drive and download them when I need to. How do I do this? I'm on Win 11...
  7. InstallShield Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    InstallShield Error: Hello: I am receiving this error whne trying to download/install an app. Are you able to suggest a workaround to resolve this issue: An error occurred while downloading the file http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-44ce-90e3-bf8203e74006/dotmetfx.exe....
  8. Firefox - Slowest?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Slowest?: People praise FF a lot on this forum I have had it as default for a few days and noticed a dramatic downturn in loading times. Even my email which used to open on the button, is now longer than 5 or more seconds. I open a web site from an mail link and thought the pc was...
  9. Installshield Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installshield Windows 10: I am having problems installing a fresh version of Cyberlink Media Suite 15. When trying to install I get an error message 1628 failed to complete install. Microsoft says it is Cyberlinks issue and Cyberlink says it is a Windows issue. I have run through all the basic...
  10. Is InstallShield Needed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is InstallShield Needed?: I've disabled the InstallShield update service below for a while. It's only present on one of my PCs. Is InstallShield needed on Windows 10 and if not, how do you remove it? [img] 143199