Windows 10: Windows Interent check showing incorrect results

Discus and support Windows Interent check showing incorrect results in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When connected to my WiFi network I get this in the icon tray on the taskbar:[ATTACH] Which then shows when on the connections list:[ATTACH] When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryEWi, Oct 6, 2020.

1. HarryEWi Win User

Windows Interent check showing incorrect results

When connected to my WiFi network I get this in the icon tray on the taskbar: Windows Interent check showing incorrect results 5230194f-b938-42ba-8457-c81ffc96d0a3?upload=true.png

Which then shows when on the connections list: Windows Interent check showing incorrect results c27679df-b37a-4439-b37b-91427832d535?upload=true.png

When I go to http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt I get "Microsoft NCSI" as expected, and when I ping dns.msftncsi.com in CMD I get the expected [131.107.255.255].

Does this mean that the check is being done but the results are being stored incorrectly or is there something I am missing?

I have tried changing the IPV4 properties to have the DNS server of 1.1.1.1 and that made no difference.

I have run the troubleshooter many times with no effect.I have installed every windows update that is listed

Is there anything else that I can do to change this as it means that I am unable to use some programs?

:)

HarryEWi, Oct 6, 2020

2. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Most Used List not showing correct results

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be happy to assist you with this issue.

Did you by any change right clicked on the program from the Most used list and selected the option
    Don't show in this list?

If you have selected the Don't show in this list
    option then the program will not appear again in the Most used list.

I would suggest you to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "System Maintenance".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Windows Interent check showing incorrect results

[Windows 10] Sign in to Microsoft Account Issue

Hi,

This issue could occur due to some incorrect settings. I would suggest you to first check if there is any proxy connection setup in your PC. If yes, disable it temporarily and check if the issue persists. To disable proxy, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key +R and type 'inetcpl.cpl'.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the option “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN”.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows Interent check showing incorrect results

1. Windows Interent check showing incorrect results - Similar Threads - Interent check showing

2. PC Health Check not opening, working or showing results

in Windows 10 News
    PC Health Check not opening, working or showing results: [IMG]Is PC Health Check not launching or working correctly on your Windows computer? As reported by some Windows users, the PC Health Check app is not opening on their computers. Some have even complained that the app is not working as intended or not showing results. These...
  3. PC Health Check and Updates are showing different results for Windows 11 compatability

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Health Check and Updates are showing different results for Windows 11 compatability: When I open my PC Health Check app it says that my PC is able to get the Windows 11 update, but when I go to the Updates and Security tab in Settings it tells me my computer is not compatible. I followed all the steps to make sure my computer is compatible and shut down and...
  4. PC Health Check and Updates are showing different results for Windows 11 compatability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check and Updates are showing different results for Windows 11 compatability: When I open my PC Health Check app it says that my PC is able to get the Windows 11 update, but when I go to the Updates and Security tab in Settings it tells me my computer is not compatible. I followed all the steps to make sure my computer is compatible and shut down and...
  5. PC Health Check and Updates are showing different results for Windows 11 compatability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. incorrect speed test results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    incorrect speed test results: i do not use wifi in my home,,my 3 laptops are hard wired through a router into a modemspectrum. on 2 of the pcs the speedtest results are correct based on my observation of how fast i can download/upload pages. the download speed is close to 100, which is what i'm paying...
  7. Check FPP, Result OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check FPP, Result OEM: Hello, Everyone.I bought the Windows 10 Pro FPP and activated, but I check the version by ‘win+R -> cmd -> slmgr/dli’ and result to show ‘OEM_DM Channel’.Why the result show that?Can I fix its? And how?On the package show ‘WIN PRO FPP 10 P2’. But activated by key show OEM...
  8. Search results show up as incorrect/unusable file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search results show up as incorrect/unusable file type: I have the weirdest issue. I have a user searching their file server Windows Server 2019/1809 using their Windows 10 21H1 PC, and the files show up as blank, even though the .PDF extension is shown. If I go into the server and search, all the results show up as computers. I...
  9. All Results is not showing all results

in Cortana
    All Results is not showing all results: Is this expected behavior? Using windows search some search terms return results for the Documents tab but not in the All tab Below you will see when I search 'Acuna', All is returning no results, but when I click to Documents I get results. I see that the search term...
  10. print screen button incorrect result

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    print screen button incorrect result: in Settings I enabled a "print screen" button that allows to take a screen shot just by clicking on the key on your keyboard, and it seems to be a great feature and works easy, but the problem is that if I need to take a screenshot of my Desktop, THIS completely erases my...