Windows 10: Windows internet speeds are slow in normal boot, fast in safe mode

Discus and support Windows internet speeds are slow in normal boot, fast in safe mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My question directly relates to this post but it's locked...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Murdoc., Mar 1, 2020.

1. Murdoc. Win User

Windows internet speeds are slow in normal boot, fast in safe mode

My question directly relates to this post but it's locked...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-download-speed-on-windows-10-computer/138d42b7-65cd-42a7-aff4-f71896ba0f2b?page=2

I have a similar setup to the OP. I have 1 Gbit fiber from my ISP. I have 2 PC's side by side having reduced bandwidth down 350-400Mb. And I am running a 3rd PC as a home theater PC as a Plex Media server that has no issues with bandwidth down hitting the normal 940-970Mb.

The 2 PC's have Asus motherboards and the Plex system has an ASRock but all systems have Intel network chipsets with the July 2019 driver. They all have the same windows build, same Intel IRST, same Symantec Endpoint and hard wired to in-wall Cat6 running into the same Cat6 patch panel and connected to the same 1 Gb switch.

The only difference from the OP is that when I boot into "Safe Mode with Networking" on the 2 Asus PC's, the bandwidth test hits my normal speed using standalone Ookla Speedtest. And up to a 6 months ago, the 2 PC's were getting the normal bandwidth in the 940ish range.

I have been messing with computers and windows since the 90's. I have tried everything I can think of....multiple scans for malware/spyware, rolling back drivers, clean booting, swapping out switches/routers, etc. The only fix so far is running an old Intel Pro/1000 PT server NIC using the base Windows driver dated from 2011 which results in normal bandwidth. Everything points to a driver problem but could it be something specific to Asus, Intel and Windows?

Any feedback would be appreciated. It would be interesting if other people have experienced the same issue.

:)

Murdoc., Mar 1, 2020

2. Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode

Thanks Tomcat, i refreshed the page then took this the only thing i have not seen before is the LenovoPC.lan could it be the problem?

Windows internet speeds are slow in normal boot, fast in safe mode [​IMG]

Max Headroom, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode

I refreshed a lot of tabs in his one i hope it helps.

Sorry for blanking parts of the addresses out i haven't a clue if the numbers mean anything.

Max Headroom, Mar 1, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode

Nothing obvious there to indicate Chrome using your Lenovo LAN is hogging anything. It's barely moving. Sort the Total Bytes column descending to put the most active on top.

f14tomcat, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows internet speeds are slow in normal boot, fast in safe mode - Similar Threads - internet speeds are

2. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  3. Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast Internet Speed, slow download speed: Hey guys, so my internet speed is around 60 mbps but I only get 1-5 mb/s when I download games on Steam or Battlenet. My OS is Windows 11 up to date, drivers are updated, and I’m currently running a Malware scan. PC is wired and I can’t seem to go past 5 mbs where as my Xbox...
  4. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet speeds outside safe mode: So, we just moved my partners computer over to my place and setting up internet. His speeds are just garbage.I get 80/80 speed, he gets tops 20/0.5 No matter if we switch network cables. The speed is consistent. So it seems located to his computerIn safe mode, he gets good...
  5. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet speeds outside safe mode: So, we just moved my partners computer over to my place and setting up internet. His speeds are just garbage.I get 80/80 speed, he gets tops 20/0.5 No matter if we switch network cables. The speed is consistent. So it seems located to his computerIn safe mode, he gets good...
  6. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Slow internet in normal mode but fast in safe mode

Slow internet in normal mode but fast in safe mode: Hi guys, In the past week my internet suddenly slowed down for some reason. At first i thought it was ISP problem but after calling them and let a techinician come to check, he couldn't find any problem. Even more, he tried the internet with his own computer and it was...
  8. Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode: Hi, I tested my speed (PC connected by Ethernet cable) and a couple of days ago i noticed it had dropped to 20 Mbps (i usually get 60+) so having searched online i found it could be a conflict, a few threads pointed to AMD quick stream so i uninstalled it and it made no...
  9. Download Speed fast in Safe Mode but slow otherwise--HELP!

Download Speed fast in Safe Mode but slow otherwise--HELP!: All, I have a Dell (2017) Desktop with the normal Commercial Off the Shelf hardware. My download speeds from my ISP are 200 Mbps and that is what I get (thereabouts) on my phones, Xbox and other devices. My desktop however, pulls in ~ 5-10 Mbps. Spectrum has verified the...
  10. Computer Speed Slow in Windows Standard Mode But Normal in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Speed Slow in Windows Standard Mode But Normal in Safe Mode: I have a Dell XPS 13 9350 Laptop. Running Windows it operates slowly. Checking the speed in Task Manager it shows processor usage of never more than 16% and processor speed of .38 Gigahertz and sure enough everything runs like molasses. When I boot into Safe Mode and check...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet slow in normal mode windows 10