Windows 10: Windows IPsec Ikev2 client Rekeying default timeout

Discus and support Windows IPsec Ikev2 client Rekeying default timeout in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! Help me please! Please tell me, is there a certain timeout for the connection of the IPsec client in Windows? I have already set all the possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by msworkg, May 6, 2020.

1. msworkg Win User

Windows IPsec Ikev2 client Rekeying default timeout

Hi!
    Help me please!

Please tell me, is there a certain timeout for the connection of the IPsec client in Windows?
    I have already set all the possible parameters on the server and everything has been tried, everything is turned off, the key exchange is turned off, the IPsec tunnel lifetime has been increased - but it's all useless - according to the server’s logs, it seems that Windows itself initiates the tunnel break after 7:45 + - hours

here, by reference, someone wrote that there is some kind of default timeout IKE_SA
    http://rockhoppervpn.sourceforge.net/ref_tips_win7.html

a question for connoisseurs, is this really so? I can’t find this information anywhere
    The versions of Windows 10 are different, from 1607 LTSB, 1903, - on all versions of IPsec ikev2 breaks the same way after about 7:45 hours ..

user authentication is carried out through the AD RADIUS server on Windows server 2008 not R2.
    IPsec server - strongswan 5.8.2 at pfsense

:)

msworkg, May 6, 2020

2. Prefix username in IPSEC Ikev2 connections

Hello,

I have windows phone 8.1. When I try to establish IPSEC Ikev2 connection with username and password, it prefixes username with the phone name.

For example:

If I enter "user" as username, Windows Phone change it to "Windows phone\user"

Any idea/setting how can I stop this behaviour ?

PeterZyumbilev, May 6, 2020
  3. SteveP555 Win User
    XBL client/server ipSec issuing CA (suspicious?)

When running antimalware/antilogger software it is now detecting 2 suspicious root CAs

XBL client IPsec issuing CA

XBL server IPsec issuing CA

why are they now showing up, should these be deleted or put in exclude safe list?

SteveP555, May 6, 2020
  4. Windows IPsec Ikev2 client Rekeying default timeout

IKEv2 no longer working even after multiple fresh installs.

issue solved.

seems the issue is that Microsoft enabled automatic split tunneling for its corporate base. The only way to use IKEv2 is to set connection method to 'automatic'. Windows 10 then defaults to IKEv2 as its first connection type. You can verify this by looking
    at 'Network Connections'. You will notice the connection is IKEv2. If IKEv2 does not work Windows 10 then tries SSTP next and then L2TP/IPsec and finally PPTP.

I like all my traffic sent though my VPN where as most corporate environments only need VPN for certain firewall issues, hence split tunneling by default makes more sense.

I will also acknowledge that I had been able to select IKEv2 in the past, I suppose a recent update changed this.

Microsoft, why haven't you made it clear to 'home' users that this is the situation?

Joyceinaglass, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows IPsec Ikev2 client Rekeying default timeout

1. Windows IPsec Ikev2 client Rekeying default timeout - Similar Threads - IPsec Ikev2 client

2. Override IP address as default client identity on Windows IKEv2 VPN client.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Override IP address as default client identity on Windows IKEv2 VPN client.: I am trying to manually set the client IKEv2 identity for the native Windows VPN client. The headend in this case in Cisco's FlexVPN Server, and there are specific policies that need to be applied per-user. The normal way to do this is to discriminate amongst connections...
  3. Override IP address as default client identity on Windows IKEv2 VPN client.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Override IP address as default client identity on Windows IKEv2 VPN client.: I am trying to manually set the client IKEv2 identity for the native Windows VPN client. The headend in this case in Cisco's FlexVPN Server, and there are specific policies that need to be applied per-user. The normal way to do this is to discriminate amongst connections...
  4. Override IP address as default client identity on Windows IKEv2 VPN client.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. IPsec SA timeout blocks new session

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IPsec SA timeout blocks new session: Environment:- Win 10 client, connected to Srv 2016 DC- IPsec enabled as basic "Connection Security Rule" through GPO with default settings- Environment has more than basic hardening, based on CIS- No network security measures Dot1x, NIDS etc are in placeProblem flow chart:1 -...
  6. Windows default email client

in Browsers and Email
    Windows default email client: In settings>default Apps I have Outlook set as my default email client However when I right click on a file and select "send to" and then "mail Recipient" windows 10 opens Thunderbird which I have installed but rarely use and know for a fact that it is not my default email...
  7. Either there is no default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Either there is no default mail client: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client....
  8. Windows10 VPN using IPSEC/IKEv2 won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10 VPN using IPSEC/IKEv2 won't connect: I have set up a VPN server using IPSEC/IKEv2. Certificates are used for authentication, both for the server and a client. VPN connection works great with a third party VPN client Greenbow but native Windows VPN client won't even try to connect. Trying to open VPN...
  9. Default mail client warning

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default mail client warning: I keep getting the warning below, although I have Outlook as the default mail client. How can I stop getting this warning. Thank you in advance for your help. [img] 153835
  10. IKEv2 Idle time-out default value

in Windows 10 Customization
    IKEv2 Idle time-out default value: I would like to know what is the IKEv2 Idle time-out default value on windows 10 and where to find this information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ikev2-idle-time-out-default-value/c994c2ce-8b4f-45e6-8215-53586f367520