Windows 10: Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.

Discus and support Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have attached a PNG. As you can see, I have went to settings and it is telling me its activated. If that's true, why do I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JNielson, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JNielson Win User

Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.

Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark. 6805b9b7-d020-4da9-bf06-10646f364701?upload=true.png

I have attached a PNG. As you can see, I have went to settings and it is telling me its activated. If that's true, why do I get the watermark EVERY time I boot with no internet connection? I use this laptop for 3D design and I look bad when the customer sees this. I will note that this was a windows 7 upgrade. (Came with Win 10 Home [key in bios?] and wiped it and put Win 7 ultimate on it and ran it for a 18 months and then upgraded to Win 10 Pro). Maybe that has something to do with this? Also, it kept trying to install Win 10 Home. I edited a file on the USB and manually selected Windows 10 Pro ( If I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate. That would give me a Win 10 pro key, correct?)

Any ideas on how to fix this? Running "Get Help" > "Troubleshoot Activation", will make it go away but I shouldn't have to do this EVERY Startup.

:)

JNielson, Sep 16, 2019

2. Activate Windows Watermark

Hi Duncan,

The Windows activation watermark is usually appearing if the activation servers detect that a device is not activated. For further help with activating your copy of Windows 10, visit this
    link. If the same issue persists after performing the troubleshooting suggestions on the link, follow these steps:

• Using Cortana, type Notepad and then click on Notepad (Desktop app).
    • Type the following commands in Notepad:
      • @echo off

taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe

explorer.exe

exit
        Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark. c725ce4e-b96c-420a-b767-3ff38944c7c2?upload=true.png

• Save the file and name it as Activation.bat.

• Change the Save as type to All files.

• Locate the file, right-click on it and then choose Run as Administrator.

• After running the file, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 16, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows activation . . .

In the Windows activation status page is it still showing as activated, or do you have something like 3 days to do it in?

qubit, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.

Activate Windows watermark will not go away.

The "Activate Windows" watermark on the lower right of my screen will not go away. I have successfully activated windows. The issue is the persistence of the watermark. I have had multiple suggestions from people on this forum of things to modify in the
    registry, none of which have worked. I have installed all of the latest available Windows updates.

Thanks,

Dennis

DennyMoyes, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark.

1. Windows is activated but i keep getting the "Activate Windows" watermark. - Similar Threads - activated keep getting

2. Random Activate Windows watermark?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random Activate Windows watermark?: On oct 15th, i i updated my PC. It used to be a windows 10 home edition, but now is stating it is a PRO edition and is asking for activation. Support Has beenll but useless as any issues related to activation bring me through a neverending loop of automated phone bots (curse...
  3. Activate Windows Watermark

Activate Windows Watermark: I recently upgraded my motherboard, ram, and CPU and now I'm getting a "Activate Windows" watermark. When I go to settings it states I need to purchase a windows 10 product key. I do own a copy of windows 7 and I upgraded for free a while back. According to my Microsoft...
  4. Activate Windows Watermark Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Activate Windows Watermark Help: I have the activate windows watermark in the bottom right of my screen and have a genuine copy of windows. After having a look I found out it is because I have windows 10 pro installed when my copy should only be home. Im happy to downgrade to remove the watermark but it...
  5. Activate Windows Watermark keeps reappearing few days after i troubleshooted it

Activate Windows Watermark keeps reappearing few days after i troubleshooted it: [ATTACH] So this Activate Windows watermark keep re-appearing after couple of days after i did what on the picture above, then the watermark would disappear but will appear again after few days and at this point im tired of redoing it, how do i fix this ?...
  6. Getting rid of Windows 10 "Activate Windows" watermark on fully activated laptop

Getting rid of Windows 10 "Activate Windows" watermark on fully activated laptop: The title says it all really. A couple of months back, the "Activate windows" watermark appeared on the desktop (bottom right hand corner) of my MSI laptop, which came with windows 10 preinstalled. I did as it says and went to activation settings. The first few times, it...
  7. Activate Windows watermark

Activate Windows watermark: My Windows 10 is showing in settings as properly activated but I have a screen watermark "Activate Windows/Go to settings". The pc was purchased with Windows 7 and upgraded to 10, I recently had the HDD cloned to a SDD and the message has appeared since that was done....
  8. Watermark says: Activate Windows

Watermark says: Activate Windows: Hi, I just can't understand what's going on with Windows 10 the Activation process. I did a free upgrade from Windows 8.1 (valid product key) to Windows 10 Pro over a year ago. Now I'm told to activate windows. Yesterday the message said I have a valid digital license...
  9. Activate Windows Watermark - Activation failed?

Activate Windows Watermark - Activation failed?: Hello everyone, This is my first post in this forum.So I have a HP notebook which had came up with preinstalled win 8.1 Single Language.I waited when windows 10 upgrade notification started coming up until today I upgraded. Since I have a very low Speed...
  10. Activate Windows watermark - cant get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Activate Windows watermark - cant get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!: I have had windows 10 since the free update and have had no problems with activating it. it has worked flawlessly with no problems (maybe a few but that's besides the point) and have never had to deal with this stupid "activate windows" watermark. Now out of the blue i have...