Windows 10: Windows is activated with a Digital License after reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Windows is activated with a Digital License after reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, this kept bothering me if this is legal or not. Awhile ago, I am trying to downgrade to Windows 8.1 because I was trying if the OEM key might... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GeloDC, Aug 1, 2020.

1. GeloDC Win User

Windows is activated with a Digital License after reinstalling Windows 10

Hi, this kept bothering me if this is legal or not.

Awhile ago, I am trying to downgrade to Windows 8.1 because I was trying if the OEM key might work there, but it failed and I have to reinstall Windows 10. After installing it, it shows that it was "activated with a digital license". Is it okay to stay or must I remove the activation?

:)

GeloDC, Aug 1, 2020

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    Loophole Lets You Freely Upgrade to Windows 10 After Offer Expiry

If you upgrade your 7 install to 10, which is worth it IMHO, make sure you link to a Microsoft Account. Otherwise you might not be able to easily regain the key if they block using 7 keys in the future.

You don't need to use the Microsoft account as your profile on so you can still bypass logging in at setup and creating a local account. All you gotta do to link your 10 account to your MS install (if you choose not to use your MS account as your profile), is to simply do the following:

• Click Start
    • Click Settings
    • Click Update and Security
    • Click Activation
    • As or with Admin permissions, click Add Account
    • Login with MS Account credentials.
    Then you should see a message that reads:

More info: Need to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change? Here's how. , Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License , Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license - gHacks Tech News

Kursah, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Windows is activated with a Digital License after reinstalling Windows 10

Activate windows 10 after a clean install through digital license.

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows is activated with a Digital License after reinstalling Windows 10

1. Windows is activated with a Digital License after reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - activated Digital License

2. Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling: Hello.I had digital license since Windows 7 and using ever since to Windows 11Windows 7 to 10 to 11. But in since my last reinstall of windows 10seems bit more stable than 11 it’s giving 0xc004f213 error and now it wouldn’t active both on Windows 10 and 11. What does it mean...
  3. Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation with digital license after reinstalling: Hello.I had digital license since Windows 7 and using ever since to Windows 11Windows 7 to 10 to 11. But in since my last reinstall of windows 10seems bit more stable than 11 it’s giving 0xc004f213 error and now it wouldn’t active both on Windows 10 and 11. What does it mean...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 with digital license after reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with digital license after reinstall: Hello,I have a Windows 10 Pro license purchased on my account and it worked fine before i reinstalled Windows. Now after i logged in with my email, it says it's not activated and I tried everything from troubleshooting to entering generic product key. It's getting really...
  5. Windows was "Activated by Digital License" after reinstalling Windows 10

Windows was "Activated by Digital License" after reinstalling Windows 10: I asked the same question awhile ago, but I was not satisfied of my explanation. Here was the situation, few months back, I use an unlicensed version of Windows 10 in my laptop. I was thinking of reverting back to Windows 8.1, hoping that I might use the OEM key of my...
  6. Windows 10 Reinstall with Digital License

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Reinstall with Digital License: submitted by /u/ThisIsMyName23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjog49/windows_10_reinstall_with_digital_license/
  7. Windows 10 Digital License Activation

Windows 10 Digital License Activation: So i have assigned a digital license on my Microsoft 365 account and logged in using the account on my Windows 10 users, still i have a trial period count down. Please help....
  8. Digital License not activating Windows 10

Digital License not activating Windows 10: I've recently built a new PC and I'm trying to activate Windows 10 on it. I've reinstalled my Windows on several PCs before and it's never been an issue, it's always activated itself. I have a digital license connected to my Microsoft account, and I am logged in on this PC...
  9. Windows 10 Digital license Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital license Activation: I recently upgraded my pc New Mother board and CPU at tech shop. I had an old SSD in the PC from an old laptop that was given to me. SSD had a copy of Win 10 on it. I only used it as a data storage device. Not the main HDD Tech Shop set up SSD as Main Boot disk. I have...
  10. Reinstall Windows 10 (digital license)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 (digital license): I have a friend, she has a Dell laptop that had Windows 7 and upgrade to Windows 10 when it was free her hard drive failed and so we bought a new hard drive and are ready to reinstall can I download Windows 10 iso and install that and would it recognized it as the same...