Windows 10: Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account - How to reinstall

Discus and support Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account - How to reinstall in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Windows 10 results from Windows 7 being freely upgraded and is classified as 'Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SeptimusFry, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account - How to reinstall

My Windows 10 results from Windows 7 being freely upgraded and is classified as

'Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account'

It is Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.17134.

I may need to do one of two things:

1. Reinstall windows on my current computer

2. Junk my current and install windows on a new computer.

Can someone tell me if I will have license problems?

:)

SeptimusFry, Jul 3, 2019

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account - How to reinstall [​IMG]

MCardona81, Jul 3, 2019
  3. guniu Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account - How to reinstall

Linking Windows 10 digital license to Microsoft account: Is the link permanent?

Linking to your Microsoft Account is more of a convenience when reactivating Windows 10 after a reinstallation or hardware change such as a hard disk.

It doesn't necessarily mean, you can easily transfer Windows 10 to another computer. Here is an explanation of how it works:

Learn more about how and if you can transfer your license:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account - How to reinstall

1. Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account - How to reinstall - Similar Threads - activated digital license

2. Link Windows 10 Education digital license to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Link Windows 10 Education digital license to Microsoft account: Hi, I'm trying to link my Windows 10 Education license to my Microsoft Account following this tutorial:...
  3. Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account: I've read conflicting information regarding this matter. Basically I'm thinking about taking the HDD of my laptop behind the barn and putting it down, slip an SSD on it's place and make a clean install. Thing is, I never linked a Microsoft Account to the installation, and I...
  4. "unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account

"unable to activate Windows" with digital license linked to account: Hi! So I recently changed hardware (new motherboard, processor and RAM) and had to reinstall Windows. Before resetting I linked my digital license to my Microsoft account so I could reactivate it after the reset. So I reset my PC, log in and try the activation...
  5. Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it

Changing the email account that has the digital license linked to it: Hello, I have a windows 10 license that is linked to an email address (yahoo) that I don't want to use anymore. I have created a new email address (outlook.com) but I want to move the digital license to the new email. How can I do this? I'm doing because I want to...
  6. 3 or 5 Digital License for Windows 10 linked to One Microsoft account?

3 or 5 Digital License for Windows 10 linked to One Microsoft account?: I have 2 laptop's and 1 computer running Windows 10 it is possible 3 Digital license in one Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-or-5-digital-license-for-windows-10-linked-to/04f06a91-9058-4062-80df-ef4fb42f8a77"
  7. How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?

How to transfer Windows digital license to Microsoft account?: So i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 installed in it. When i look up the activation page on settings it says "Windows is activated with a digital license". all i know about digital license is that it is connected to a Microsoft account. But this laptop i bought doesn't...
  8. Activation and digital licensing

Activation and digital licensing: I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 purchased with windows Vista Pre-installed. This was replaced with a purchased version of windows 7 and then with windows 8 also purchased both activated by the 25 digit product key that came with the product in the normal fashion. Windows 8...
  9. How the Microsoft Digital License works for Multiple PCs Links?

How the Microsoft Digital License works for Multiple PCs Links?: Hi, I'm trying to figure out how the Microsoft Digital License works for the following scenario: I have 3 machines (1 PC + 2 Notebooks), namely 1 x Windows 10 Professional and 2 x Windows 10 Home and I’ve login as main administration account to use all these machines....
  10. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License: Hey, I have a question. Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account? What I mean by that: I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft accountYou are activated.

2. reinstall windows linked to microsoft account on a different computer

3. windows is activated with a digital account linked to your microsoft account

4. windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account