Windows 10: Windows is asking for a security key when I don't have one.

Discus and support Windows is asking for a security key when I don't have one. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I go to a web site using my browser and attempt to use autofill to make a purchase, I am shown a prompt to prove my identity. This prompt asks me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RichardFrenkel, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Windows is asking for a security key when I don't have one.

When I go to a web site using my browser and attempt to use autofill to make a purchase, I am shown a prompt to prove my identity. This prompt asks me to insert my security key into the USB port, but I don't have a security key and haven't set that up as a way to prove my identity. At that point my only option is to cancel autofill and enter the information manually. I use the chrome browser, but I hear this happens using edge as well. Since I don't have a security key and never set that up as a way to prove my identity, I shouldn't be prompted for it. "Managing" keys is not an option since on

:)

RichardFrenkel, Mar 24, 2023

2. my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

my desktop computer is asking for a reboot device that I don,t have

BriJean2000, Mar 24, 2023
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Mar 24, 2023
  4. AddRAM Win User

Windows is asking for a security key when I don't have one.

Update Win 10 license key not possible

When you get to the screen where it asks for a key, just don`t enter a key (or check I don`t have a key) and on the next page all the versions of W10 should show up on the list, simply choose W10 Pro and proceed.
    If that doesn`t work, let us know and we`ll keep trying other methods, but it should let you choose W10 Pro.

AddRAM, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Windows is asking for a security key when I don't have one.

1. Windows is asking for a security key when I don't have one. - Similar Threads - asking security key

2. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: I changed some settings in my BIOS, namely fast boot and NVMe Raid Mode and disable block sid, and everything would be fine if not for the fact, that the gmail which is assigned to my account has a typo so that won't help and when I tried the option contact Microsoft they...
  3. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: I changed some settings in my BIOS, namely fast boot and NVMe Raid Mode and disable block sid, and everything would be fine if not for the fact, that the gmail which is assigned to my account has a typo so that won't help and when I tried the option contact Microsoft they...
  4. Windows asking for a USB security key when I don't have one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking for a USB security key when I don't have one.: As title states, I'm unable to use my Google passwords saved because my LG Gram is asking for a security key when I don't have one. I tried looking in the settings and it doesn't even have one set up....
  5. Windows asking for a USB security key when I don't have one.

Windows asking for a USB security key when I don't have one.: As title states, I'm unable to use my Google passwords saved because my LG Gram is asking for a security key when I don't have one. I tried looking in the settings and it doesn't even have one set up....
  6. Windows is asking for a security key when I don't have one.

Windows is asking for a security key when I don't have one.: When I go to a web site using my browser and attempt to use autofill to make a purchase, I am shown a prompt to prove my identity. This prompt asks me to insert my security key into the USB port, but I don't have a security key and haven't set that up as a way to prove my...
  7. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: When I try sign to sign into Microsoft store, I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before.When I googled it, I found this "How do I find my Windows pin?To change your PIN in Windows 10, you may follow the steps...
  8. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: When I try sign to sign into Microsoft store, I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before.When I googled it, I found this "How do I find my Windows pin?To change your PIN in Windows 10, you may follow the steps...
  9. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

10. I was asked for a PIN but I don't have one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I was asked for a PIN but I don't have one: So I recently Pre-Ordered Minecraft: Dungeons, but the when I tried to sign into the Microsoft store I was asked to setup Windows hello but then was asked for a PIN even though I never set one. And now I can't log in to the store for something that I've paid for. Help???...