Windows 10: Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .

Discus and support Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. . in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The caption reads "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" i do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Loot Sierra 106, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .

The caption reads "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" i do not wish to set up a pin. I just want to sign in as i always have. im currently locked out of my desktop due to this after a power outage.

:)

Loot Sierra 106, Dec 12, 2022

2. Setup PIN password on Windows 10

Hello Bob,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your requirement in this regard.

Currently we don't have an option to access the Microsoft account without a password. However you can access it either through Microsoft account password or PIN password or Picture password. Suggest you to try again setting up the PIN password by following
    the below steps.

* Press Windows key, type Settings
    into the search space and select the same from the list.

* Click on Accounts and select
    Sign-in options

* Go to
    PIN section, click Add. Confirm your Microsoft account password when it prompt.

* Then setup desired PIN password as required. But ensure to click Eye symbol
    (I.e. Reveal Password) to ensure that the entered PIN is correct and matches.

Alternatively you can also setup Picture password. On the same
    Sign-in options window, you can find an option to set Picture password.
    With a picture password, you can sign in to your PC with your favorite photo instead of a hard-to-remember password. You choose the picture, which gestures—circles, straight lines, or taps—you use, and where on the picture you trace them. You
    can draw a picture password directly on a touchscreen with your finger, or you can use a mouse to draw your shapes. Everyone who has a Microsoft account on your PC can set up their own picture password.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 12, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 12, 2022
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .

Can't Setup PIN in windows 10

Hi, Curtis.

Setting up a PIN is one of the options to increase the security level for your device. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Yashwanth Kotakuri on this
    thread to know more on how to setup a new PIN.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 12, 2022
Thema:

Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .

1. Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. . - Similar Threads - asking setup pin

2. I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...: I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password instead. There is no option on the screen to use but the PIN.This happened after win 11 upgrade. I contacted Microsoft support online and they have no clue what to do. I wasted two...
  3. I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...: I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password instead. There is no option on the screen to use but the PIN.This happened after win 11 upgrade. I contacted Microsoft support online and they have no clue what to do. I wasted two...
  4. windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....: I purchased this Lenova two months ago and never set up a windows username and password. Now, a windows security access to sign in windows keeps popping up. How do I stop the window from popping up or bypass it?Also, I tried to set up a password in accounts, but it won't let...
  5. windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....

windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....: I purchased this Lenova two months ago and never set up a windows username and password. Now, a windows security access to sign in windows keeps popping up. How do I stop the window from popping up or bypass it?Also, I tried to set up a password in accounts, but it won't let...
  6. Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .

Windows is asking to setup a pin, i have never used a pin, only a password. .: The caption reads "your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" i do not wish to set up a pin. I just want to sign in as i always have. im currently locked out of my desktop due to this after a power...
  7. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  8. Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows only asking for pin on startup, cannot enter password: I did a Windows update and now the startup window is only asking me for a pin with no option to enter a password. I never set up a pin, so there is no way for me to login. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions? submitted by /u/dj_b [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.: This issue is driving me crazy! My Hello Pin is being requested and i have never set it up or added a PIN. YES - i have access to and signed into my Microsoft account and updated my details and passwords, but when i try to access my windows Hello Pin i still have the same...
  10. Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - I never want to have to enter a password or a PIN: Just recovered after a Win 10 update disaster. (Thanks to some helpful people on this forum) This version of 10 is a bit different than the previous. The NETPLWIZ solution does not work - the box for for Users Must Enter...etc remains unchecked and the lock screen persists....