Windows 10: Windows is behaving weird

Discus and support Windows is behaving weird in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have encountered a strange problem in my windows 10 pc. When I turn on my pc, I am unable to type numbers either through the numeric keypad or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShreyanshAgrawal, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Windows is behaving weird

So I have encountered a strange problem in my windows 10 pc.

When I turn on my pc, I am unable to type numbers either through the numeric keypad or the numbers at the top. When I press the number keys on topwithout pressing shift key it types symbols and not numbers. Pressing caps lock changes uppercase to lowercase but still numbers won't type.

Secondly, when I select any one icon anywhere it doesn't get deselected. After that one icon if I try to open some other icon,multiple icons select at once and dont get deselected.

Also,my fucntion keys are not working.

Please help!

I have tried using the keyboard tester and I think everything is fine at the hardware level.

:)

ShreyanshAgrawal, Dec 20, 2020
  2. sciurius Win User

N770 behaving weird

A couple of years ago I got a second hand N770 from a friend and I have been using it frequently and satisfactory. However, for the last couple of mounts it is starting to behave weird, as if it is degrading.

Symptoms:

• It is very difficult to establish a WiFi connection. Most of the times it wrongly reports that no APs are available, or fails connecting to one. Sometimes it reports nearby APs with a very low wignal while in fact the signal is very strong.
    • Connection failure is reported after 5-10 seconds, long before a potential DHCP timeout. Once a connection is established it is stabl and behaves normally.
    • Spontaneous reboots, most often when connected to the charger. Sometimes I connect it to the charger and it reboots within a couple of minutes. Sometimes it just keeps rebooting.
    I suspect the battery but given the charger-reboot issues I'm not sure enough to buy a new battery,

Does anyone recognize this behaviour? Any tips?

sciurius, Dec 20, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 20, 2020
  4. cdawall Win User

Windows is behaving weird

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Weird same batch of steps I have. Mine however was fixing the issue for windows 8 users *Laugh :laugh:

cdawall, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows is behaving weird

1. Windows is behaving weird - Similar Threads - behaving weird

2. Mouse is behaving weird almost as my computer seems like its freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse is behaving weird almost as my computer seems like its freezing?: Hey friends, This problem seemingly popped up out of the blue as I have not downloaded anything manually or changed anything really. My mouse seems to work for 1 minute allowing me to click things, move windows around, move my mouse, etc. After that minute though it behaves...
  3. Mouse is behaving weird almost as my computer seems like its freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse is behaving weird almost as my computer seems like its freezing?: Hey friends, This problem seemingly popped up out of the blue as I have not downloaded anything manually or changed anything really. My mouse seems to work for 1 minute allowing me to click things, move windows around, move my mouse, etc. After that minute though it behaves...
  4. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning: Hi all,This afternoon when I turned on my computer and logged on, I opened my start menu and only Windows UWP apps showed up in the start menu the pre-installed apps on windows. Also, all my app tiles were gone and the start menu was really thin. Then, all of a sudden, all my...
  5. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning: Hi all,This afternoon when I turned on my computer and logged on, I opened my start menu and only Windows UWP apps showed up in the start menu the pre-installed apps on windows. Also, all my app tiles were gone and the start menu was really thin. Then, all of a sudden, all my...
  6. Windows behaving weirdly and TPM chip malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cursor behaves weird when I press two keyboard letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor behaves weird when I press two keyboard letters: Whenever I press the letter 'o' on my keyboard, the cursor jumps and places itself before the letter so I keep on having to press the arrow key to move it, and whenever I press the letter 'l', the cursor along with the entire screen jumps down. None of the other letters are...
  8. Cursor behaves weird when I press two keyboard letters

Cursor behaves weird when I press two keyboard letters: Whenever I press the letter 'o' on my keyboard, the cursor jumps and places itself before the letter so I keep on having to press the arrow key to move it, and whenever I press the letter 'l', the cursor along with the entire screen jumps down. None of the other letters are...
  9. Keyboard behaves weirdly but only during a file transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard behaves weirdly but only during a file transfer: My keyboard behaves very strangely - input lag+ keystrokes will seemingly repeat at random, as if a key got stuck and pressed down for several seconds - but it only does this as far as I can tell when I'm doing data transfers between drives. I swapped out for a different...
  10. Keyboard behaves weirdly but only during a file transfer

Keyboard behaves weirdly but only during a file transfer: My keyboard behaves very strangely - input lag+ keystrokes will seemingly repeat at random, as if a key got stuck and pressed down for several seconds - but it only does this as far as I can tell when I'm doing data transfers between drives. I swapped out for a different...