Windows 10: Windows is booting to blue screen

Discus and support Windows is booting to blue screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is running latest Windows 10 with updates as of 10/14/2019. Note that, it came with Windows 8 when I purchased it and it was upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cdm58, Oct 15, 2019.

1. cdm58 Win User

Windows is booting to blue screen

My laptop is running latest Windows 10 with updates as of 10/14/2019. Note that, it came with Windows 8 when I purchased it and it was upgraded to Windows 10 at the first opportunity. (I am not sure whether the backup of old OS is there any more).

Yesterday, I did the following sequence of events for a different issue:

1. I disabled all the non microsoft services in msconfig->services

2. Disabled all enabled items in Task manager->startup (around 5 of them)

3. Enabled safe mode (minimal) in msconfig->boot and restarted the laptop with no issues

4. Then I disabled the safe mode in msconfig->boot and went to General tab in msconfig

5. In general tab, as far as I remember, selective startup with only first two checkboxes were checked. I went ahead and selected normal startup and restarted the system

That's when I started getting the blue screen at boot.

1. This is the screen that I get when boot. Note that the line with "file" comes only when F8 is clicked.

Windows is booting to blue screen 571435e3-d5bb-466f-86ea-1434bb4ac7ec?upload=true.jpg

2. If I click f8 screen just flickers and stays there

3. If I click f1 I get the following screen

Windows is booting to blue screen 2427a331-8a9d-47aa-84fc-0199f8edc376?upload=true.jpg

4. If I click Troubleshoot I get

Windows is booting to blue screen fe528559-e473-44d8-8ebe-c1c2c02be7ff?upload=true.jpg

5. If I click Startup repair I get (Note: I never see a Windows 10 option)

Windows is booting to blue screen 20b88376-48c1-45d6-8c21-f56a65e42ef0?upload=true.jpg

6. When I click on it I get

Windows is booting to blue screen d0f7c133-0250-4b8d-94b7-342c2738e53c?upload=true.jpg

Now, I am able to access the command prompt and I can see that all my original Windows files and personal files are still there under C:. However, it apparently, created a small X: drive from where I suspect it might be booting.

How do I get back to Windows 10?

:)

cdm58, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Blue screen and stop code

Hi
    Jeferis,

There are a lot of factors for this matter to occur. To isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• What activity have you done to
      trigger the NTFS and FAT FILE SYS loop?

• were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

It is possible that the
    Boot
    Sequence were corrupted by the previous activity which
    triggered the Blue Screen Error and the loop. We recommend that you perform these
    suggested troubleshooting
    and see if there are any changes:

Startup Repair.

To access the
    Startup Repair Screen, turn off the
    PC 3-4 times(force shutdown),
    while on the Blue screen Error. This will route you to the
    Startup repair screen:

Advanced Boot Options > click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt

and run the following command:

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:  

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows is booting to blue screen - Similar Threads - booting blue screen

2. Booting interrupted by blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting interrupted by blue screens: HiMy notebook: an old Dell Inspiron 17R 5737, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 16GB RAM, an old Intel iCore 7 processor not compatible with Win 11 with all available Windows and Dell software updates installed. All hardware was working well according to Dell Software Assistant tool up...
  3. Booting interrupted by blue screens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting interrupted by blue screens: HiMy notebook: an old Dell Inspiron 17R 5737, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 16GB RAM, an old Intel iCore 7 processor not compatible with Win 11 with all available Windows and Dell software updates installed. All hardware was working well according to Dell Software Assistant tool up...
  4. BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe: I just upgrade my DELL from Windows 10 to 11. It gave me a blue screen. I have followed the instructions to restart into WinRe, but the laptop cannot restart, it shows me the f8 key for recovery , but the safe mode keys when pressed do not lead to reboot to safe mode , they...
  5. BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUE SCREEN, Not booting to WinRe: I just upgrade my DELL from Windows 10 to 11. It gave me a blue screen. I have followed the instructions to restart into WinRe, but the laptop cannot restart, it shows me the f8 key for recovery , but the safe mode keys when pressed do not lead to reboot to safe mode , they...
  6. Boot blue screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot blue screen: So when i turn on my pc it is normal, but the wallpaper is blue and when i go to login menu it just doesnt load. For further informasjon please contact me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-blue-screen/3ddb2f41-2a9a-4a2d-ba26-54e600f7d93d
  7. Boot Blue screen loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Blue screen loop: Hello, I have a problem with my computer. There is a constant loop of bluescreens during booting. Also I can't start windows in safe mode, beacuse when I try to do this there is a blue screen. Another thing I tried is buckup recovery, which also didn't help. I tried "reset...
  8. Blue screen + no boot + beeping

Blue screen + no boot + beeping: Hello! Some context: I have a Lenovo Ideapad laptop running Windows 10. It's been a few months since it started "beeping" however the beeping code does not match any of their descriptions indefinite number of beeps, and the screen and everything else I suppose would...
  9. Blue screen, computer will not boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen, computer will not boot: Out of nowhere my computer went dead. Computer was running and suddenly got blue screen. Won't boot up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-computer-will-not-boot/8f254136-793d-4bc5-bdac-50c5a4fe5ef3
  10. Blue screen at every boot

Blue screen at every boot: Hello! Since quite some time, I have been receiving a BSOD with "driver power state failure" message. I am using a Toshiba Satellite L50-A-16Q upgraded to Windows 10. From the beginning I have 2 GB of RAM installed in addition, from an old PC. However, the Blue Screen...