Windows 10: Windows is changing file type in music library.

Discus and support Windows is changing file type in music library. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 latest upgrade. In my music library I have some long file names. I rip then tag and then put them in a folder in preparation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FreddieLloyd, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Windows is changing file type in music library.

I am running Win 10 latest upgrade. In my music library I have some long file names. I rip then tag and then put them in a folder in preparation to add them to my library. My rips are flac. On albums with long file names [probably over 260 char} windows is changing the file type from (.flac) to (.FLA). when I put the folder into my alphabetized library. The .FLA files won't play on my player(s) and I can't seem to change the file type back to .flac. Is this due to the long file name? Is there any work around beside shortening the file name?

:)

FreddieLloyd, Apr 2, 2019

2. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Apr 2, 2019
  3. patc---01 Win User
    5310 xpress music updating library

The library is the list of music / podcasts etc used by the Music Player. If memory had to be searched every time you switched to and from the list, it would take forever so the music player scans the phone and keeps a list of what it finds.

Over time the list gets out of date - you copy new music files to the phone or delete old files from - so the changes need to be reflected in the library by re-scanning - or "Updating library".

patc---01, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Windows is changing file type in music library.

Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows is changing file type in music library.

1. Windows is changing file type in music library. - Similar Threads - changing file type

2. way to see file formats in music library if not indicated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    way to see file formats in music library if not indicated: I have put music files on an mp3 player from the windows media player in windows 10if it does not say mp3 format in the library is there any way to find out what the format is in the library?I don't see anything there's no topic for thisthanks...
  3. way to see file formats in music library if not indicated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    way to see file formats in music library if not indicated: I have put music files on an mp3 player from the windows media player in windows 10if it does not say mp3 format in the library is there any way to find out what the format is in the library?I don't see anything there's no topic for thisthanks...
  4. way to see file formats in music library if not indicated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Change music file dates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change music file dates: I have been advised that by changing all the "date created" music files in a folder and sub folders to the same date will help my player play them back in random order more effectively, and it seems to be working. I'm doing it by basically copying the files into a new folder...
  6. Music Library

Music Library: Is there a way of printing my Music Library into Notepad/Word or other app please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-library/99086a63-dd1a-452d-a824-3da624c85515"
  7. my music library

my music library: I just purchased Microsoft Personal 365 One Drive. I have 120gb music I have downloaded from discs into my computer which is managed by itunes. I want to have all this music available to me on my phone or on a remote laptop. Will OneDrive show and access my music library?...
  8. Sonos Music library playback

Sonos Music library playback: When playing multiple albums by the same artist, Sonos plays them in alphabetical order. How do I retain the original order of the albums? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sonos-music-library-playback/f577839a-99e6-4343-91b8-e37f855c6a1f"
  9. Music Library Not Sharing

Music Library Not Sharing: So, I'm trying to access my music library / collection on my laptop from my Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but oddly enough, my music library won't let me share it. [img] When I try to do it through the homegroup settings, when I select the music library from "not shared" to...
  10. Folder stuck on "Music Library"

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder stuck on "Music Library": I accidentally set my account folder "C:\Users\MYACC" to Music Library. I tried different methods to reset Libaries but couldn't get the folder from showing "Music" as its name on Windows Explorer. Is this a symbolic link? Junction? How do I take it off? When I go into...