Windows 10: Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause.

Discus and support Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, community. I am trying to determine what is wrong with my computer. It has been crashing inconsistently, but with emphasis on my GPU and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mindus Amitiel Debsin, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause.

Hello, community.

I am trying to determine what is wrong with my computer. It has been crashing inconsistently, but with emphasis on my GPU and possibly the heat in my apartment.
    About a month ago, I started hearing odd noises from my XFX RX 580 8GB GPU, which I think means that one of the fans has been going out. Later, while playing a couple different games on my Windows PC, I have received a BSOD and the screen sticks at 0% reporting. While these may seem consistent, I cannot be certain that it is actually the GPU, because I have the side of the case off and the fans appear to be spinning when it is under load.
    I updated my AMD GPU drivers and then ran a 3DMark stress test on my GPU. The first time it ran fine, but when I ran the 3DMark test today, another BSOD. I have an image of the BSOD and will post it at the bottom.

I am aware of Event Viewer, but if the reporting is stuck at 0%, would it even make a report? What would I be looking for?

Here is my system:

ASUS x79 Sabertooth motherboard.

Intel i7 3930k 6 core CPU with water cooling AIO.

32GB G-skill RAM at stock settings.

XFX RX 580 8GB with stock cooler. The fans may be damaged from running a blower over it without suspending the fans.
    1TB M.2 SSD in PCI-e adapter with heatsink.

Windows 10 x64, updated as of today.

I am considering that I may need to replace the cooler on my GPU, but I would like assistance to determine that it is actually my GPU that is the problem and not something else I am overlooking.

Thanks for reading.

Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause. efafefba-7959-4799-9b3e-806b7ff5f738?upload=true.jpg

:)

Mindus Amitiel Debsin, Aug 2, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

method to determine exactly what caused a particular update?

Two suggested articles from Microsoft....

Whether you find the exact cause will determine the level of troubleshooting you go through.

sygnus21, Aug 2, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Morgan123 Win User

Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause.

New build all games crashing windows 10 pro 1903 18362.418

Hello,

Please, complete your System Specs so we may better help you. I didn't see a PSU listed there.

A software conflict is also a possible cause of the random crash you're experiencing when playing games. To determine if an installed program is causing the crashes, I suggest performing a clean boot.

Be sure to check you're running the newer GPU driver, and your Graphics card settings are correct.

Check Device Manager for driver conflicts.

Hope this helps.

Morgan123, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause.

1. Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause. - Similar Threads - crashing again need

2. Can someone help determine the cause of my crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help determine the cause of my crashes?: My pc has been randomly crashing for the past couple of days. First, it would freeze and flicker black squares, while i'm playing a game. I had to force power off every time because of it. When it starts back up, sometimes my main display and/or my graphics card would be...
  3. Determine cause of crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Determine cause of crashes: Hello,I've reinstalled Windows twice recently in an attempt to fix buggy performance and crashes. Despite doing my best to ensure drivers are up to date, and anything else I can think of, my PC keeps crashing. It seems to be more when my kids are playing video games....
  4. Determine cause of crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Determine cause of crashes: Hello,I've reinstalled Windows twice recently in an attempt to fix buggy performance and crashes. Despite doing my best to ensure drivers are up to date, and anything else I can think of, my PC keeps crashing. It seems to be more when my kids are playing video games....
  5. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error: Earlier I was just playing a not very intensive game and the screen went black then rebooted. I have some basic ideas of what it is or could be but I figured people here might be able to interpret the error better than me and my copy paste into Google.The computer has...
  6. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error: Earlier I was just playing a not very intensive game and the screen went black then rebooted. I have some basic ideas of what it is or could be but I figured people here might be able to interpret the error better than me and my copy paste into Google.The computer has...
  7. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Need help determining the cause of a computer crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help determining the cause of a computer crash: Hello everyone, and good afternoon. My computer has been crashing recently, and I do not know how to troubleshoot any further. Since I don't know how to read the crash dump file to find exactly what I'm looking for, any help would be much appreciated. Worth noting is that a...
  9. Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause: Hi, as the title mentions I've been getting BSOD recently and I need help determining the cause. Here is the most recent .dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtEM81s22igVnnQ3cyjLz9fd8Tst...
  10. Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause: Hi, as the title mentions I've been getting BSOD recently and I need help determining the cause. Here is the most recent .dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtEM81s22igVnnQ3cyjLz9fd8Tst...