Windows 10: Windows is deactivated after upgrading PC.

Discus and support Windows is deactivated after upgrading PC. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently reset windows on my PC and upgraded some hardware at the same time, I was able to set up windows but I am not able to change certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JoshMcF, Mar 15, 2020.

1. JoshMcF Win User

Windows is deactivated after upgrading PC.

I recently reset windows on my PC and upgraded some hardware at the same time, I was able to set up windows but I am not able to change certain settings because windows is now not activated, apparently.

I bought a genuine copy of windows for this PC several years ago and I don't have the physical activation code anymore, I didn't think I would need it again.

In activation settings in windows it tells me "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211".

I don't understand why hardware changes, or resetting windows, should cause it to deactivate. How can I fix this?

:)

JoshMcF, Mar 15, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows is deactivated after upgrading PC. - Similar Threads - deactivated upgrading

2. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade deactivates Office on most computers

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 7 to 10 upgrade deactivates Office on most computers: I've upgraded just about a dozen different computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the media creation tool. Most had Office versions 2010 thru 2016 installed for years. I can't remember any of them NOT requiring me to reactivate Office after the upgrade to Windows 10. Am...
  3. Deactivate and Transfer Windows Upgrade to Wilndows Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate and Transfer Windows Upgrade to Wilndows Pro Product Key: I purchased a Product Key to upgrade a laptop from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I would like to deactivate the Windows 10 Pro product key on the old laptop and activate it on a new laptop. Can this be...
  4. Windows 10 Deactivated after version 19.03 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Deactivated after version 19.03 upgrade: Yesterday I upgraded from a Strix B350 and Ryzen 1600X to an X570 Taichi and 3600. After performing this upgrade I was able to use the windows activation troubleshooting tool to get Windows 10 activated. After this, I updated to Windows 19.03 and then my Windows 10 was no...
  5. Windows deactivated after network upgrade

Windows deactivated after network upgrade: I started out with Windows 7 on this PC in 2012. It was activated. I used the free upgrade to Windows 10, so have no Windows 10 code. I had a digital code. Recently, the network adapter failed on my motherboard, so I bought and installed a network card. Now Windows 10 is...
  6. Intermittent Windows 10 deactivation after cloning hard drive and upgrading hardware

Intermittent Windows 10 deactivation after cloning hard drive and upgrading hardware: I recently built a new computer and cloned my old hard drive to a new hard drive. I have intermittently been seeing a "Activate Windows" prompt which sometimes disappears after restarting. When I try to reactivate Windows 10, it fails, and then I select the option stating...
  7. Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...: I originally ran on Windows 10 Home, 1903, under digital license (The OS came with the PC). The license is, in turn, linked to my Microsoft account. I then purchased an upgrade to Pro version from the Microsoft store app (I used the link provided in Settings>Update &...
  8. My free upgraded windows 10 suddenly deactivated and the activation page doesn't show anything

My free upgraded windows 10 suddenly deactivated and the activation page doesn't show anything: My free upgraded windows 10 suddenly deactivated. The Activation page (Settings > Update & Security > Activation) doesn't work at all. Actually it doesn't show anything. It's just a white page. What should I do?...
  9. Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated

Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated: Hey There, I have recently upgraded my machine from Home to Pro edition.. (Paid AUD$169 :O) and now my windows is showing a watermark at bottom-right corner "Activate Windows"!! Why?! My operating system is legit and I bought upgrade from the Microsoft store. Looking...
  10. My Lenovo laptop has deactivated my WIN10 upgrade

My Lenovo laptop has deactivated my WIN10 upgrade: several times in recent months. Troubleshooter will no longer help activate. Nothing that the chat, nor instructions to fix this problem listed under the error code has worked. Code= 0xC004F050. Thanks for any help!...