Windows 10: Windows is deactivated after upgrading PC.

Discus and support Windows is deactivated after upgrading PC. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently reset windows on my PC and upgraded some hardware at the same time, I was able to set up windows but I am not able to change certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JoshMcF, Mar 15, 2020.

1. JoshMcF Win User

Windows is deactivated after upgrading PC.

I recently reset windows on my PC and upgraded some hardware at the same time, I was able to set up windows but I am not able to change certain settings because windows is now not activated, apparently.

I bought a genuine copy of windows for this PC several years ago and I don't have the physical activation code anymore, I didn't think I would need it again.

In activation settings in windows it tells me "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211".

I don't understand why hardware changes, or resetting windows, should cause it to deactivate. How can I fix this?

:)

JoshMcF, Mar 15, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows is deactivated after upgrading PC. - Similar Threads - deactivated upgrading

2. Windows 11 deactivated after I PARTIALLY upgraded my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 deactivated after I PARTIALLY upgraded my PC: Getting told I have to buy a new copy of windows even though it's still got the same drive.Would like this resolved immidiatly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-deactivated-after-i-partially-upgraded/ab19a297-9aa1-44da-a221-d177062ef51e
  3. Windows 11 deactivated after I PARTIALLY upgraded my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 deactivated after I PARTIALLY upgraded my PC: Getting told I have to buy a new copy of windows even though it's still got the same drive.Would like this resolved immidiatly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-deactivated-after-i-partially-upgraded/ab19a297-9aa1-44da-a221-d177062ef51e
  4. Windows 10 License deactivated after Asus BIOS 3404 Upgrade on Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 License deactivated after Asus BIOS 3404 Upgrade on Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming...: Hi,Recently I performed a BIOS upgrade on my Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming motherboard to version 3404, during the upgrade there was a question about TPM or something, however I didn't use any bitlocker or encryption so I proceeded with the upgrade. After that, Windows has...
  5. Windows 10 License deactivated after Asus BIOS 3404 Upgrade on Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 License deactivated after Asus BIOS 3404 Upgrade on Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming...: Hi,Recently I performed a BIOS upgrade on my Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming motherboard to version 3404, during the upgrade there was a question about TPM or something, however I didn't use any bitlocker or encryption so I proceeded with the upgrade. After that, Windows has...
  6. Windows 10 License deactivated after Asus BIOS 3404 Upgrade on Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming...

7. i cannot upgrade to win 11 pro and cannot deactivate s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot upgrade to win 11 pro and cannot deactivate s mode: hii hope this finds you well.i just upgraded to win 11 and cannot upgrade to win 11 pro. I am also unable to deactivate the S mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-upgrade-to-win-11-pro-and-cannot/4148ac22-759b-47cc-a603-b5b8e08cac7c
  8. i cannot upgrade to win 11 pro and cannot deactivate s mode

i cannot upgrade to win 11 pro and cannot deactivate s mode: hii hope this finds you well.i just upgraded to win 11 and cannot upgrade to win 11 pro. I am also unable to deactivate the S mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-upgrade-to-win-11-pro-and-cannot/4148ac22-759b-47cc-a603-b5b8e08cac7c
  9. Upgraded motherboard. Reactivated. Now deactivated again???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded motherboard. Reactivated. Now deactivated again???: I upgraded my motherboard and CPU. It's giving me the "We can't activate Windows on this device" issue.Did the whole troubleshooting, "I changed hardware on this device recently". Then took a while since it kept giving me the "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't...
  10. Upgraded motherboard. Reactivated. Now deactivated again???

Upgraded motherboard. Reactivated. Now deactivated again???: I upgraded my motherboard and CPU. It's giving me the "We can't activate Windows on this device" issue.Did the whole troubleshooting, "I changed hardware on this device recently". Then took a while since it kept giving me the "We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't...