Windows 10: Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive

Discus and support Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A week ago I found that my computer had suddenly become extremely slow. Both Windows processes and the browser take a very long time to load. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Moses Gordon, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive

A week ago I found that my computer had suddenly become extremely slow. Both Windows processes and the browser take a very long time to load. For example, the BIOS start time hovers around 40 seconds. For context, I am running windows 10 on an Acer Predator PT314-51s. SNID: 14701332934 I have tried the following things: -Deleting bloatware -Disabling startup tasks -Updating windows -Acer care diagnostics -Windows settings diagnostics -Defragging the hard disk -Performing a clean boot -Booting into safe mode no networking -Contacting Acer support -Updating drivers -Updating BIOS and firmwar

:)

Moses Gordon, Jul 10, 2024
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 10, 2024
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive

FreeBooter, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive

1. Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive - Similar Threads - extremely slow doesn't

2. Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive: A week ago I found that my computer had suddenly become extremely slow. Both Windows processes and the browser take a very long time to load. For example, the BIOS start time hovers around 40 seconds. For context, I am running windows 10 on an Acer Predator PT314-51s. SNID:...
  3. Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is extremely slow, doesn't sleep when closed, BIOS screen is unresponsive: A week ago I found that my computer had suddenly become extremely slow. Both Windows processes and the browser take a very long time to load. For example, the BIOS start time hovers around 40 seconds. For context, I am running windows 10 on an Acer Predator PT314-51s. SNID:...
  4. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.: I am on Windows 10 HP laptop and when I close the lid it doesn't go to sleep or turn off the screen.I have the "When I close the lid" in system settings set to sleep on battery and sleep plugged in. It doesn't work though....
  5. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.: I am on Windows 10 HP laptop and when I close the lid it doesn't go to sleep or turn off the screen.I have the "When I close the lid" in system settings set to sleep on battery and sleep plugged in. It doesn't work though....
  6. Laptop doesn't sleep when lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Laptop extremely slow when plugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop extremely slow when plugged: Laptop extremely slow when plugged inI've noticed, especially when gaming, that everything on my laptop slows down when it's plugged in and charging. Games are nearly impossible to play and it takes ages to load/navigate a webpage when the computer's plugged in. But the...
  8. Computer doesn't sleep when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer doesn't sleep when I close the lid: [ATTACH] This problem started recently. Normally when I close the lid, my computer goes to sleep and I have to unlock it. However, it hasn't been doing that lately and I have to manually put it to sleep. I've checked the settings and it's set to go to sleep when i close my...
  9. Extremely slow Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't sleep when lid closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't sleep when lid closed: How is it that Microsoft has not figured out how to solve this problem for the past 15+ years? I think the code looks something like this: If lid=closed then sleep Of course someone will inevitably reply to this and tell me how it's "not this simple." Yes, jackass from...