Windows 10: Windows is forcing updates on my PC

Discus and support Windows is forcing updates on my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why is Windows forcing updates on my Pc? even if i have "Windows Updates" off. And its not just that, when that thing happen crash the entire system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PatoCosmico, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Windows is forcing updates on my PC

Why is Windows forcing updates on my Pc? even if i have "Windows Updates" off. And its not just that, when that thing happen crash the entire system and freezee my PC to a point i have to shut down the power because i cant even restart it.

:)

PatoCosmico, Sep 20, 2021
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Sep 20, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows is forcing updates on my PC :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Windows is forcing updates on my PC

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows is forcing updates on my PC

1. Windows is forcing updates on my PC - Similar Threads - forcing updates

2. What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?: I just went to eat lunch, and when I came back and tried to use my computer, I was locked out with the words "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".I know I'd turned off the forced restarts thing, but obviously Microsoft in it's wisdom decided to reset that...
  3. What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?: I just went to eat lunch, and when I came back and tried to use my computer, I was locked out with the words "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".I know I'd turned off the forced restarts thing, but obviously Microsoft in it's wisdom decided to reset that...
  4. What settings were reset in the last updates? How do I turn off forced restarts again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?

Why do forced updates wipe all of my saved wifi passwords every single time?: Leaving aside the well known, obnoxious and frankly dangerous policy that microsoft has of forcing updates through without any option to postpone or prevent them, why in the name of all that's holy does every single update wipe all my stored wifi passwords? Are you people...
  6. Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.

Windows 10 is now forcing an update on my computer. After having parameters to not force it.: So please someone tell me why, since my log in today, I now have no option to shut down, but only to shut down with updating?For my own reasons and compatibility, I do not want this update as it will ruin some of my programs, literally. And I will keep my reasons at that.Here...
  7. As a Loyal Windows user for 23 years I now quit because of the constant FORCED updates in...

As a Loyal Windows user for 23 years I now quit because of the constant FORCED updates in...: I have been a loyal Windows user and fan since 1998 when I started with Windows 98, I had Windows XP professional and Media Editions for many years and loved them, I had a couple of Windows 7 laptops which were great but they were always update-happy which sometimes was a...
  8. Forced Windows Update on Startup

Forced Windows Update on Startup: Hello!Every time i start my computer,it really took so long that even a bios boot would take about 3 minutes or longer if i don't press ctrl shift esc repeatedly if there are any windows updates.Note that i didn't disable Windows Updates.I don't have Windows 10 Pro because...
  9. I'm tired of the forced updates that are ruinning my work life.

I'm tired of the forced updates that are ruinning my work life.: Since this problem: Major errors with update 20H2 OS Build 19042.1052, errors showing since 20H2 OS Build 19042.867 in April. I've forbidden W10 from updating, I've messed with the services, I've postponed auto updates to max values and I even created a .bat file to prevent...
  10. WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK

WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK: So my laptop suddenly updated on its own, and the update is stuck at 94%. After a while it says: We couldn't complete the update and is undoing changes. Btw keep in mind, I'm locked off my windows. I can't access anything aside from troubleshooter and Windows Recovery which...