Windows 10: ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down

Discus and support ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've just woke up and my dad is like ''Son, your computer seems to has a virus, IT HAS BEEN ALL UP THE NIGHT SAYING ''''Windows is getting ready, Don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Julian Rafael Tria, Feb 20, 2022.

1. ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down

I've just woke up and my dad is like ''Son, your computer seems to has a virus, IT HAS BEEN ALL UP THE NIGHT SAYING ''''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'', now how are you attending class?'' I just forced shut down it and turned it back on, everything seemed fine. This has happened to me before several times and just why?

:)

Julian Rafael Tria, Feb 20, 2022

2. Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer

I tried all the steps suggested and finally had to perform a Reset on my Acer Laptop (no removable battery)with Windows 10. The next day the same thing happened again. The Getting Windows Ready, etc. kept spinning around for 4 hours. Did another Reset.
    The next day the same thing happened again. The computer is now Resetting for the 4th time this week. I have a business to run and cannot have my computer either down or resetting all the time, can't get any work done. There must be another solution to
    why Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer keep spinning around.

Thanks, Sharon

TheGarageProject, Feb 20, 2022
  3. Window 10 stuck in eternal "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer"

Hi Jennifer,

We would like to ask a few questions in order for us to properly address your issue with the "Getting Window ready Don't turn off your computer".

• Have you tried disconnecting your internet from your wired or wireless router?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 20, 2022
  4. tzitzibp Win User

''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

Don´t let people going on speculating.... list your specs and follow the suggestions in this tread, about the "Event Viewer".... and be sure you´ll get the help you need....

Otherwise you will just get more and more confused.*Bang Head :banghead:

tzitzibp, Feb 20, 2022
Thema:

''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down

1. ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down - Similar Threads - ''Windows getting ready

2. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down: I've just woke up and my dad is like ''Son, your computer seems to has a virus, IT HAS BEEN ALL UP THE NIGHT SAYING ''''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'', now how are you attending class?'' I just forced shut down it and turned it back on, everything...
  6. ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'' while shutting down: I've just woke up and my dad is like ''Son, your computer seems to has a virus, IT HAS BEEN ALL UP THE NIGHT SAYING ''''Windows is getting ready, Don't turn of your computer'', now how are you attending class?'' I just forced shut down it and turned it back on, everything...
  7. "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" stuck.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" stuck.: Hi! I tried to restart my pc because it doesn't open file explorer properly. It's slow. The "Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer" appears and does not seem to be moving. There's no circle animation. I suppose it's updating since I can see the hard disk LED and...
  8. Getting Windows Ready Don't Turn off your computer with no circle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting Windows Ready Don't Turn off your computer with no circle.: Is it a bug? Is it stuck? submitted by /u/dadybosma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lprrcn/getting_windows_ready_dont_turn_off_your_computer/
  9. Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck at "Getting Windows Ready. Don't turn off your computer".: My laptop just got a reset because I was facing problems with the Optane Memory module. The module is now changed so I don't think there's a problem due to that. Due to the reset, I had to get all the updates, apps and software I had previously. I installed some Windows...
  10. Getting Windows Ready Don't Shut down your Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Windows Ready Don't Shut down your Computer: This message is useless, and a little late, because I get it after I have opted to Shut Down Windows. There is no indication that I can see that updates are ready to be applied. So after some time (5 mins) the computer shuts down, then on next startup same message appears...