Windows 10: Windows is horribly slow when right clicking/loading windows/log-in

Discus and support Windows is horribly slow when right clicking/loading windows/log-in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I've been a macbook user for a few years and I just got a windows PC that feels horribly slow. I know it's not right because I had windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pedroruiz90, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Windows is horribly slow when right clicking/loading windows/log-in

Hi there, I've been a macbook user for a few years and I just got a windows PC that feels horribly slow. I know it's not right because I had windows 10 on a crappy laptop and felt just right. Any ideas on how to solve it? This is a list of my problems:

- Right click takes about 5-10 seconds

- When at the login screen right after power on it takes another 20-30 seconds to respond to my keys and introduce the password

- When opening folders it takes about 5-10 seconds

- Sometimes the screen just freezes and become unresponsive for a few seconds

I've tried Ccleaner for cleaning odd registry entries, tronscript, adwcleaner, AIO toolkit ( https://paul.is-a-geek.org/aio-srt/aio-srt-lite/) and I still have the same problems..

These are my PC's specs:

i5 3470 3.20 GHz

16Gb RAM

GTX 1050 4Gb

Windows 10 Pro with an original license key

Any help will be much appreciated, I wouldn't like to reinstall everything again since it took me 3 days to get all stuff I need

submitted by /u/pedroruiz90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pedroruiz90, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Baum Win User
    Help! Windows Loads Too Slow.

well apart from all the usual stuff here like ccleaner and msconfig, defrag...

guess what mine issue was a while back?

inside the eventlog of windows 7 you can find some red marked allerts like "dll" that didn't load properly on startup.

you have to look inside your "event log" from windows:
    The Windows System Event Log can be found through right clicking the My Computer icon and left clicking Manage. Next, click Event Viewer in the tree on the left and click System.

with that info you can atleast take away some bricks from the startup process *Big Grin Windows is horribly slow when right clicking/loading windows/log-in :D

EDIT:

why would this board not support his cpu? according to gigabyte it takes from rev 3.1 up to 5.0 some bulldozer and rare a vishera cpu?

Baum, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows is horribly slow when right clicking/loading windows/log-in

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows is horribly slow when right clicking/loading windows/log-in

1. Windows is horribly slow when right clicking/loading windows/log-in - Similar Threads - horribly slow right

2. How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11: Hi I would like to know how to fix something that has been happening Whenever i right click on my desktop it keeps loading forever when i go into another app it show up it takes around 5 min to show up i have done everything I have reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 to...
  3. How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11: Hi I would like to know how to fix something that has been happening Whenever i right click on my desktop it keeps loading forever when i go into another app it show up it takes around 5 min to show up i have done everything I have reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 to...
  4. 20H2 Slow right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 Slow right click: Hi! So, I recently updated my windows 10 to 20H2 and when i right click it takes up to a while to load i tried the registry but it didnt help. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-slow-right-click/8f5c3111-71e9-4a9e-afda-51a7634e498b
  5. Right click keep on loading in windows 10

Right click keep on loading in windows 10: On Right clicking the mouse on the desktop of laptop the cursor moves to loading state for forever while the right click works fine on folder and files. And on right clicking the mouse on to the shortcuts on desktop or in taskbar works fine....
  6. Windows Right Click Takes forever to load.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Right Click Takes forever to load.: Hello, i have been having this issue for quiet a while as it takes forever to load. I have read other forums regarding this but none has helped me and it seems like my issue is different from others. For me, a normal right click on the desktop works finethe options to...
  7. The right click menu is slow.

The right click menu is slow.: Hi, I have an HP laptop it's specs: Intel Core i3-8145U CPU@2.10 GHz 2.30 GHz 4.00 GB RAM 3.89 GB usable When I select a lot of files like in the prefetch folder, there is a busy cursor for quite some time and then the menu appears. Sometimes even the cursor gets stuck in...
  8. Right clicking folders and .exes super slow to load.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking folders and .exes super slow to load.: Hey guys, I've searched google and reddit everywhere for a solution; I can't seem to stop having this issue. I've tried clearing out the context menu with shellexview and the registry, I've also done sfc /scannow to no avail. the only thing else suggested was resetting my pc....
  9. right click slow

right click slow: whenever i try to create new folder or press right click new it cause lag and delay 10 second i tried all the solution on the internet and widows repair and check updates and everything but nothing work !...
  10. My right click is slow

My right click is slow: So I bought 2 weeks ago a Lenovo Ideapad l340 gaming and i have been experiencing that my right click is slow, i need help, also i delete some file from regit but its still slow and it bothes me....