Windows 10: Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2)

Discus and support Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DemonNinja123 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DemonNinja123, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2)

/u/DemonNinja123, Nov 19, 2020

2. I cannot select start, taskbar, & action center in color settings.

Thank you! This solved the problem for me. I'd spent quite a while trying to fix it before coming across your suggestion.

ritagoldberg, Nov 19, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

HiDerek

This was all caused by that new light theme in version 1903 of Windows 10, to revert everything to the settings prior to that update, here are the steps . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Light or Dark

Then that option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2) ea3fa415-d3b0-407f-8262-0fe5e937d827?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2)

Accent color for start, task bar, action center

Hello Rosalie,

If you selected to use "Light" for "Choose your color" or "Choose your default Windows mode", it will gray out and disable the "Start, taskbar, and action center" setting to "Show accent color on".

You can select to use Custom for "Choose your color" and select Dark for "Choose your default Windows mode", or just Dark for "Choose your color".

The tutorials below can help show you more on this if needed.

Turn On or Off Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color in Windows 10

Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2)

1. Windows is in Light Mode but the Action Center is still dark? (20H2) - Similar Threads - Light Mode Action

2. Dark mode in quick actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dark mode in quick actions: I would like to request that a dark mode toggle be added the the quick actions menu below the notifications center.Settings is blocked by my school, and it would be really cool to still be able to turn this on without going through settings....
  3. Dark mode in quick actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dark mode in quick actions: I would like to request that a dark mode toggle be added the the quick actions menu below the notifications center. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-in-quick-actions/79ff65fe-1c15-42ee-87ce-9943ec2b6e3e
  4. Dark mode in quick actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode in quick actions: I would like to request that a dark mode toggle be added the the quick actions menu below the notifications center. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-mode-in-quick-actions/79ff65fe-1c15-42ee-87ce-9943ec2b6e3e
  5. Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command: I'm looking for a way to create desktop shortcuts that can just be double clicked to enable light and dark modes:Command or powershell command would do. Many thanks...
  6. Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Light/Dark mode - shortcut or command: I'm looking for a way to create desktop shortcuts that can just be double clicked to enable light and dark modes:Command or powershell command would do. Many thanks...
  7. Light & Dark Modes

Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  8. changing from dark mode to light

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    changing from dark mode to light: My wife's laptop has dark mode enabled, and sometimes we cannot see text. On my desktop after selecting Personalization, then Colors there is an option for light or dark modes, on the wife's laptop this option is not there ? Note sure if this is part of it but, Transparency...
  9. Light folders in dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Light folders in dark mode: When i turn dark mode on i can see calculator, settings etc. In dark mode but my folders are still in light mode what should i do for make my folder dark please help submitted by /u/burdurkonsoloslugu [link] [comments]...
  10. Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work: In Light mode: taskbar color never changes - always a hideous yellow/green, everything else follows color chosen In Dark mode: taskbar color changes- i choose a dark gray- but everything else is just black no matter which color is chosen. Neither option is acceptable. Is...