Windows 10: Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming

Discus and support Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past two weeks I've been getting random shutdowns while playing POE Path of Exile. Sometimes during intense mapping situations, other times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by magusdet, Apr 22, 2020.

1. magusdet Win User

Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming

For the past two weeks I've been getting random shutdowns while playing POE Path of Exile. Sometimes during intense mapping situations, other times while chilling and vendoring stuff.

Note: The PC doesn't just turn off. Instead I get the blue Windows is Shutting Down Screen. Sometimes i can cancel it but other times, well due to using an SSD, it just happens too fast and it shuts down so I have to power on my PC manually afterwards.

Sys Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600x
    GTX 970
    16gb 3000mHz ram
    MSI x470 Gaming Pro
    Corsair RM550x
    -----------------------
    I'm using both MSI afterburner and Ryzen Master to monitor temps.
    CPU no OC barely reaches 40 degrees
    GPU no OC gets to around 50-60, depending on how many league mechanics are going off at the same time on screen.

Overheating is not the issue here as I've even ran the PC without the side panel so i can manually check each component. The OSD temp readings are accurate. CPU is cool and the GPU heats up but no more than 60 degrees C.

I'm not running any OC profiles, not even base clock boost on AMD. I haven't had similar issues with other games.
    I ran a CPU and GPU stress test, even ran Haven continuously for almost one hour with max quality settings and couldn't get a temp reading of over 60.

My GPU is as old as a gtx 970 should be. Got it when it came out but I haven't pushed it to its limits ever.
    The CPU, mobo, and PSU are barely 6 months old. Never used OC on the CPU, not even precision boost since i didn't need it in any game, including AC:OD, MW, Doom Eternal, and others.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening? Could it be a software issue? Some bad Windows update that's causing POE/Steam to trigger a shutdown? Is it possible that some of the components are faulty?

No shutdowns happen when I'm doing something else on my PC, only when playing POE.

BIOS, CPU, GPU, and Windows are all updated to the latest versions. Did this after the shutdowns started happening, still didn't fix the problem.

Not all the shutdowns appear in the event viewer. All the warnings usually refer to DCOM, winlogon, runtime broker. I Googled all the codes and they often lead to unanswered or unsolved threads with users pointing at overheating issues. I don't have any overheating issues so what could be the problem?

PS: updated everything and used malwarebytes to make sure everything is clean.

:)

magusdet, Apr 22, 2020
  2. little cat, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Weer Win User
    Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

4. Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming

1. Windows is initiating shutdown while gaming - Similar Threads - initiating shutdown while

2. Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games: My pc gets shutdown while playing games Only games not any other optional software are facing the same issue I even tried installing windows still its not Fixing the problems...
  3. Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games: My pc gets shutdown while playing games Only games not any other optional software are facing the same issue I even tried installing windows still its not Fixing the problems...
  4. Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  5. Pc Shutdowns while gaming

Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  6. System crash and shutdown while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash and shutdown while gaming: Hi,My PC suddenly shut downed Monitor went black with 2 seconds in-game music, ends with system notification sound "Windows Foreground.wav" yesterday while I was playing a game called Civiliazation VI. After system shutting down and monitor going black, the RGB lights and...
  7. System crash and shutdown while gaming

System crash and shutdown while gaming: Hi,My PC suddenly shut downed Monitor went black with 2 seconds in-game music, ends with system notification sound "Windows Foreground.wav" yesterday while I was playing a game called Civiliazation VI. After system shutting down and monitor going black, the RGB lights and...
  8. System Shutdown while Playing a Game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Shutdown while Playing a Game: Here's a puzzle. Getting random system shutdowns, like the plug pulled out of the wall, instant, while playing 2 games, Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Horizon 4 at ultra settings Thought maybe an overheating problem, nope, ran CPUID while playing, cpu stays below 70, GPU stays...
  9. Game crashes while initializing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game crashes while initializing: I've uninstalled and reinstaled this game about a dozen times and I heep getting the same error of ---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Don't be sad, have a hug! <3 Time: 12/22/20 12:37 PM Description: Initializing game java.util.ServiceConfigurationError:...
  10. System Shutdown while Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Shutdown while Playing Games: Problem: While gaming, my system just shuts down. More specifically, the display goes black, like it's been disconnected. The PC stays on. The Keyboard stops responding. Usually it's in a modded Minecraft game, an older version like 1.7.10. But it has also happened in...