Windows 10: Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

Discus and support Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently decided to update my windows 10 machine to 20H2 in order to use some WSL 2 features. I have noticed, however, that my PC gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blureglades, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

Hi, I've recently decided to update my windows 10 machine to 20H2 in order to use some WSL 2 features. I have noticed, however, that my PC gets annoyingly laggy when using the Windows Terminal, WSL, Chrome or just by opening any other program. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

I checked the task manager, and it shows that the Vmmem service memory usage is considerably high, since is consuming almost 2gb, even by closing WSL is still taking 700 mb. I suspect that Vmmem is allocating more memory that it actually uses and this might be cause of my pc to get slow? My use of WSL is only based on Vim, not even VS Code or any high-memory-demanding program.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/blureglades
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blureglades, Jan 21, 2021
  2. sandman- Win User

Slow & Laggy PC

Hello,

So, a few months ago i decided to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 Home, everything went though smoothly. a month later i decided to upgrade to windows 10 pro. after upgrading my pc has became extremely slow and laggy. i can barely watch videos, play
    games, web page load extremely slow, everything just slow. so i thought maybe windows 10 pro just isnt for me, so i downgraded back to windows 10 home and everything is still the same, slow and laggy and my CPU and RAM always 100% even when i just have chrome
    open. i deleted the windows.old folder, did a clean install but nothing works. any suggestion?

My pc is a Dell System Inspiron N7110

installed memory ram: 4.00 GB (3.90) GB unstable

Here's a link to my pc test results page

Dell System Inspiron N7110 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

sandman-, Jan 21, 2021
  3. laggy and slow

Windows sent a notification to update on Saturday which I did and since then I've been having lag problems. Like my laptop became slow and laggy especially when I connected my charger and I cant watch Netflix or Youtube without it buffering or becoming
    slow My connection is great, I don't have many apps or any tabs open that would cause this, I'd like to know if these problems are due to the update or something else but please just help its frustrating me

IsisCarrero, Jan 21, 2021
  4. MelLum Win User

Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

Slow and laggy

I just upgraded to win10 and now my computer takes a long time to restart. It's also slow and laggy once it's rebooted. How can I fix this?

MelLum, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

1. Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - laggy slow 20H2

2. Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 slow and laggy after forced shutdown: Hi, last night I accidentally forced my laptop shut while it was in sleep mode.This morning, when I switched it on, it was laggy and slow in general, especially the browser. I use PDF files on Microsoft edge and they started being blurry while scrolling tried switching off...
  3. Slow to a crawl after 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow to a crawl after 20H2: I updated Windows 10 a week ago to 20H2 and I have had a host of problems including: disk usage always at 100%, startup taking 10-15min consistently, web based programs (chrome, discord) take AGES to open, wifi dropping/cutting out. I've seen other people mentioning BSODs but...
  4. Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop getting slow after the 20H2 Update.: It is a shame that, Windows, who boasts itself as supreme operating system can't handle updates. I can tell you for sure that Windows 10 is slower than its predecessors. My laptop is a HP Pavilion x360 with i5-8th Gen and a 8GB RAM with 4GB DDR. It is just 2 years old and...
  5. After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.

After updating to 20H2, Programs are loading slow.: I searched the sub-reddit and didn't see if anyone else is having this issue, so if this is a repost I apologize. But essentially. I updated to 20H2, and anytime I go to launch a program, Chrome, Discord, Game, whatever. They are taking an extremely long time to load up. I...
  6. Windows 10 is slow and laggy

Windows 10 is slow and laggy: It's been like this for a month. I think an windows 10 update caused it. My specs: Intel Pentium G3220T, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Intel HD Integrated Graphics: GT1, 4400 GT2, 4600 GT2 I'm using HP Pavilion 21-h116 (its probably 6 years old) submitted by...
  7. SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10

SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10: hey Microsoft, I am your very old user. ive used your every windows. but recently i bought a new pc for my study purpose. After sometime when i just got used to this window this window 10 STARTED LAGGING AND BEING SLOW which was not right. my background purchases sometimes...
  8. Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update: Hi, have major lag after updating to Windows 10. When I was working in Windows 7, my computer and Photoshop had managed this without any issues. After installing Windows 10 and running Photoshop I can't do any sort of paint stroke or editing without major lag. The stroke of...
  9. Windows 10 PC is slow and laggy after the latest Windows Update

Windows 10 PC is slow and laggy after the latest Windows Update: Hey Everyone, Today I updated my PC to the latest build of Windows 10, after updating my system takes a lot of time to boot, remains stuck for 1 min at Please Wait Screen on LockScreen, Disk Usage remains 100%, and everything lags. :( I do not want to wipe and reinstall...
  10. Windows 10 laggy and slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laggy and slow: i own a Lenovo Ip320 80xl specs: i5 7th gen 1tb hdd 8gb ram 2gb nvidia 940mx graphics newer verison of windows 10 like build 1803, 1709 all performs so slow in everything like opening file explorer, this pc, idm all apps slow boot times and shut downs all things are so...