Windows 10: Windows is laggy since update

Discus and support Windows is laggy since update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Since installing a certain Windows Update - it was either KB4338853 or KB4343669 - my computer has a lag every few seconds even while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Netanel M, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Netanel M Win User

Windows is laggy since update

Hello.

Since installing a certain Windows Update - it was either KB4338853 or KB4343669 - my computer has a lag every few seconds even while performing simple tasks like browing, typing, opening Start and action center.

I cannot uninstall the updates as there is no uninstall option in CP for these certain updates.

I have a laptop with i7-7500U, 8 gb ram and Nvidia Geforce 930MX.

This is a relativity new laptop, and worked perfectly fine up to this point.

Please help!

Thank you,

Netanel.

:)

Netanel M, Jul 12, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows is laggy since update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 21, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Windows is laggy since update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows is laggy since update

1. Windows is laggy since update - Similar Threads - laggy since update

2. Windows Update - Laggy PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update - Laggy PC: It is the 22. Jan. 2023A Windows update was pending and my computer became laggy again, to the point where it is unusable. This happened 8-10 times now.By now I feel like this information should be logged. There is countless threads on this issue already. I'd be interested in...
  3. Windows Update - Laggy PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - Laggy PC: It is the 22. Jan. 2023A Windows update was pending and my computer became laggy again, to the point where it is unusable. This happened 8-10 times now.By now I feel like this information should be logged. There is countless threads on this issue already. I'd be interested in...
  4. Laggy windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laggy windows: I just got windows 10 home installed from a USB with the isolated file,but my windows is a bit large I can't run android studio or even roblox that is suppose to be low end and I have good spec8gb ram and a core i5 6th gen any solutions to speeding this up?...
  5. Laggy windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laggy windows: I just got windows 10 home installed from a USB with the isolated file,but my windows is a bit large I can't run android studio or even roblox that is suppose to be low end and I have good spec8gb ram and a core i5 6th gen any solutions to speeding this up?...
  6. Windows is laggy after 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is laggy after 2004 update: There is a constant lag every 8 secs or so and you can really notice it when playing music after booting up from standby, restart takes much longer then normal, just did a refresh pc and still no difference, anyone know how to fix this standby issue?...
  7. Snipping tool extremely laggy since updating to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snipping tool extremely laggy since updating to 2004: The snipping tool (win+shift+s) is extremely laggy when dragging the corner. A quick search shows that I'm not the only one with the problem: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/60839/win10-2004-version-screenshot-lags.html But I've not seen this issue...
  8. Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January

Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January: Hi there. My windows 10 was running just fine as usual, but at some point during this month without any change in hardware or software, my computer started running very slow, to the point that games, programs, and even windows itself lags and is painfully slow. I highly...
  9. Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January

Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January: Hi there. My windows 10 was running just fine as usual, but at some point during this month without any change in hardware or software, my computer started running very slow, to the point that games, programs, and even windows itself lags and is painfully slow. I highly...
  10. Unplugged Monitor -> Windows + Games are since somewhat "laggy"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unplugged Monitor -> Windows + Games are since somewhat "laggy": The title is somewhat wrong or misleading as I cannot explain it this short. Basically, I had just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro for the third time after having had issues with first my massive sound setup drivers (they need to be in a specific order, etc), and then had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is laggy

2. windows laggy with no windows open